Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

We can't afford to sack Rooney. If we could, would we change the manager? I'd expect so, so if there's any truth in this story it suggests we're looking for a way to have him leave without a payoff. And, as has been said, if we try to force the issue we're more than likely to lose as we've such an appalling record in the courts.

Everything is a mess.

Maybe ask him to resign. Failing that suspend him, then ask him again, nicely of course ?

8 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wayne-rooneys-job-Derby-boss-24631401

Rooney's job on a knife edge according to the Mirror 

That's the Mirror and the Star (the only two I've looked at other than the original source) both quoting the piece in The Sun. Makes Steve Nicholson look like a Panorama journo! ?

9 hours ago, Stockyram92 said:

"A source said: “How can he lead a group of young men when he cannot appear to control himself in public during a night out? This type of behaviour hurts the club’s reputation.”

Control himself? He fell asleep! ?

Derby released a statement on Monday reading: "Wayne Rooney informed the club yesterday that the pictures had emerged and that they had been taken without his knowledge or approval."

Edited by RoyMac5

In isolation, I'd normally ignore this as 'former football player now manager being a little silly' nonsense. A consequence of selecting the likes of famous types as managers. Likewise with the Knight incident. It's been sensationalised, and in isolation, chances are it was something that could happen anywhere. If it was two players, it'd just be frustrating and a slice of bad luck

But it's just another poke in the eye of Derby fans that are only receiving bad news associated with the club at the moment. As others pointed out, he spoke after the Salford game about restoring some pride and dignity to Derby County, only to then put himself in these types of situations. Adds to the sense of disillusionment that I know I'm feeling, and I'd be willing to bet some other people are.

18 minutes ago, chadlad said:

If he resigns I wouldn’t have thought it would cost anything.

He just needs to go, the guy is an embarrassment.

Suspending someone for 'no reason' - falling asleep won't do it I'd suggest. Plus asking them to resign. Well that would be seen as constructive dismal. ?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

"A source said: “How can he lead a group of young men when he cannot appear to control himself in public during a night out? This type of behaviour hurts the club’s reputation.”

Control himself? He fell asleep! ?

Derby released a statement on Monday reading: "Wayne Rooney informed the club yesterday that the pictures had emerged and that they had been taken without his knowledge or approval."

I reckon they take these "source" quotes from messageboards! 

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

IF Rooney goes this close to the season, surely we need someone lined up ready to come in? What happens to the triallists? They're here because Rooney wants to sign them, a new manager may not and that will set us back even further.

Much as I would like to blame Rooney for everything...the squad, team, tactics are as threadbare as I have ever seen. It's an absolute disgrace how we have been stripped back to almost nothing. Last season I didn't see how CKR could carry the team yet somehow we are much less equipped this season. 

So, I kinda agree we need some stability to try and create some kind of team but I also don't think he is the right man. Anyone coming in is going to have very little to work with, but then again it's not like they are going to be rocking the boat...it's a sinking ship with massive holes in it and the captain keeps blowing more into it! 

I don't want him here. Never have. 

The last thing this club needs right now is an inexperienced manager learning the ropes.

On the flip side, if we said him now. What happens next?

Most of, if not all, the trialists will go too. Leaving us even more screwed.

No manager in their right mind would take the reigns of this club at the moment.

Unless a takeover is sorted and players are allowed to be bought in. Sacking him would make no sense.