Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I can’t be bothered to dig around. But have this one if you like. 

he is a journalist….don’t need to say anything else.

But isn’t he the journalist with close links to the club? Wouldn’t he have been told that by club sources who thought that was the case in terms of the takeover…..

2 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Is there a link to the video?

I can understand it not being allowed to embed a link into a forum thread - but is sharing a non-embedded link acceptable?

Dear Moderator,

I appreciate that it is hard work to moderate and run a forum.

And I do think that we are lucky to have voluntary moderators who can step in if I should ever express opinions that overstep acceptable boundaries, or if I should transgress a forum rule.

I would be grateful if Moderators could give a brief reason for deleting posts when they can.

I have illustrated this below, both in terms of the deleted reply to the post above - and also in more generic terms.

I appreciate that Moderators may be too busy to reply in full for the time being! But, I wanted to ask!

Thanks

I think that a reply to the message above has been deleted - and if a moderator has a share moment - I would appreciate knowing the reason.

The reason is probably obvious ... and maybe I don't understand the rules! It is clearly linked to the video in some way.

And I accept that the reason may be that a post "may" have breached a particular rule, whether it not it did. That is understandable.

However, the video seemed newsworthy. It did not appear to show anything unlawful, or show anything that might cause harm to a child or vulnerable adult. 

I think that it showed people dancing, walking, and sitting. I do not think the video showed anyone asleep, like some photos on some newspaper websites.

What it did show, from memory, was behaviour that some might consider would undermine the ability of coaching staff to get the best out of our team. And it might even be considered by some to show disreputable behaviour.

But that seems like a valid thing to be able to watch - by following a link to another site - and then to debate on this forum.

It will be helpful to get a brief steer to said my understanding about why the link to the video was deleted - because 90% of forum content is probably about things that affect the club - which seems like a valid discussion point m

In more generic terms ...

... the other day, I had a notification that two people had responded to a post - but when I went to read them, their responses had been deleted. I didn't know what they had said, but it would have been nice to have been given a brief reason why I could not read a reply that someone had written. 

And in the past I think that I have had a post deleted without telling me. Not only does it seem a bit rude (akin to telling me that my opinions are not worthy to exist), but the lack of explanation also means that I do not even know what the community of DCFC fans would like me to do differently the next time.

5 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

... the other day, I had a notification that two people had responded to a post - but when I went to read them, their responses had been deleted. I didn't know what they had said, but it would have been nice to have been given a brief reason why I could not read a reply that someone had written. 

And in the past I think that I have had a post deleted without telling me. Not only does it seem a bit rude (akin to telling me that my opinions are not worthy to exist), but the lack of explanation also means that I do not even know what the community of DCFC fans would like me to do differently the next time.

You probably didn't want to read what they had posted hence why they were deleted ? 

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think going into 50/50's as a manager when we've got 14 players is reckless  and it's caused further harm to our already threadbare squad. That's an opinion and it's making precisely NOTHING up. Yes, I have an absolute blood lust to see Derby county in the worst possible state.... that's exactly why I spend what little money I have watching us because I love moaning and seeing us lose there can't possibly be any other reason.....

You moan about sticking to facts yet speculate baselessly about the reasoning for why I'm posting as I am so stop being such a hypocrite please. 

You accused him of 'launching' into a tackle. You made that up. You implied it was a reckless tackle, with no evidence.   

That isn't an opinion. That is fact.  

It should be clear that to a young man of your intelligence that my 'blood lust' comment doesn't mean you want Derby to do badly, it means you are painting a blacker picture than the actuality. Which to be fair, is a considerable achievement. 

10 minutes ago, sage said:

You accused him of 'launching' into a tackle. You made that up. You implied it was a reckless tackle, with no evidence.   

It should be clear that to a young man of your intelligence that my 'blood lust' comment doesn't mean you want Derby to do badly, it means you are painting a blacker picture than the actuality. Which to be fair, is a considerable achievement. 

As I admitted to @DarkFruitsRam7 I used the wrong vocabulary there. I don't think it altered the substance of my point which was I consider it reckless for our manager to go into 50/50's with our first team members given just how threadbare our squad is. But yes I shouldn't have used the phrased 'launched'. 

If you're claiming I have a blood lust to see Derby in a poor state that implies I have a desire for darkness at the club to satisfy my 'lust'. Do I wish everything was fine and dandy as it was in our pre-season of yesteryear when we were looking at the right end of the table, had a full squad of players, a qualified manager and no worries about our finances?  Of course. Do we currently have any of those things? No we don't. I'd prefer you stick to your own rules, stick to the 'facts' and not speculate about other posters motivations for posting what they do. 

21 minutes ago, sage said:

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

As I admitted to @DarkFruitsRam7 I used the wrong vocabulary there. I don't think it altered the substance of my point which was I consider it reckless for our manager to go into 50/50's with our first team members given just how threadbare our squad is. But yes I shouldn't have used the phrased 'launched'. 

If you're claiming I have a blood lust to see Derby in a poor state that implies I have a desire for darkness at the club to satisfy my 'lust'. Do I wish everything was fine and dandy as it was in our pre-season of yesteryear when we were looking at the right end of the table, had a full squad of players, a qualified manager and no worries about our finances?  Of course. Do we currently have any of those things? No we don't. I'd prefer you stick to your own rules, stick to the 'facts' and not speculate about other posters motivations for posting what they do. 

Life's too short lads.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But isn’t he the journalist with close links to the club? Wouldn’t he have been told that by club sources who thought that was the case in terms of the takeover…..

Exactly….so whoever told him that had not got all the facts…..imagine that, a journo publishing a story without all the facts……

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Exactly….so whoever told him that had not got all the facts…..imagine that, a journo publishing a story without all the facts……

The club did, twice, put on their official site that a takeover was close to being completed. I don't think you can blame Percy for getting it wrong when the club literally let players go unpaid because they thought a takeover was close to completion. 

5 hours ago, sage said:

I haven't insulted you. I clearly pointed out your vindictive comprehension of the available facts and you ran off home for your tea, like a guilty schoolboy (thank you Mr Weller)

I assume you are the plant, not a wise man.  You are past your thyme

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

John Percy is a “journalist” that has broken such exclusives like the deal with the shiek being secured in 24 hours, the shiek is Man City owners cousin and the richest man on the planet, the deal will be done in 48 hours, the American deal is done, signing It off now…etc etc etc. 
see what I did there.?

Put your foot in your mouth?

5 hours ago, sage said:

We were discussing Knight's injury. 

You said the constant sniping at Rooney was tedious. My reply was based on that the sniping aimed at him was for a reason.

You stick up for him all you like but I don't want somebody like him as manager of DCFC. He would just about get away with it being a player but as a manager your a role model of the highest standard and he's failed in many ways and he's only been manager for 8 months.