Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's our manager injuring one of the few players we've got available... how is it a non-story it shows completely unprofessional conduct by the manager running our basket case of a club 

Surely you’re not saying it was deliberate. It’s like Jimmy Anderson hitting Joe Root in the nets and taking him out of a test match. Just what can happen, no ?

22 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's common sense that a manager who hasn't played in months and looks horribly unfit shouldn't be going in on 50/50's with one of the few very valuable senior players we currently have. If Knight had  trampled on a ball and rolled his ankle that would be bad luck and something that can just happen, this just demonstrates yet another colossal misjudgement from our mess of a manager.  

But we don’t know what happened. Accident, foolishness, machismo, malice? Got to assume the first until there’s evidence otherwise surely 

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

50:50?!!   Haha  Thing about so-called 50:50 challenges is you intend to win them. You find out too late that they are 50:50 - and only when you have failed to win them.  Did your credible source see the challenge by the way ? 

How do you know Knight wasn’t trying to impress Rooney? 

I’ll be happy to join your criticism of Rooney when there’s evidence he was culpable 

John Percy who wrote the story is a well regarded journalist that many trust. Tbh, for Derby county he's probably the best source we actually have. Do you think Rooney should be putting himself in a position where he could be injuring one of our few assets? Do you really think he can't recognise a 50/50 when it presents itself? Yeah, I'm sure Knight is to blame for his own injury and the manager shouldn't be level headed and realise what he should or shouldn't be doing on the training pitch... 

I think we're unlikely to see eye to eye so I'll leave it here. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Talks about bringing pride & dignity back to dcfc and then gets caught like that. 
Terminally stupid hypocrite. 
Just go, Wayne. 

I guess he is tired of being the butt of jokes, the cheek of it.  Makes me crack up though, a real gas.  But who is the real ass here?

I guess we will eventually get to the bottom of it, it has already gone fartoo far.  ????‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

The man is entirely trading on the back of his name now, if he wasn’t before. Utterly shambolic.

- Looked lazy and unfit as a player.

- Undermined the previous manager.

- Recorded an exceptionally poor run of results as a manager.

- Instills absolutely no playing style as manager, benching / playing our best youngsters out of position, ultimately regressing their progress and value.

- A poor communicator, both with the players, fans and media.

- Repeatedly drags the club’s name through the mud.

At what point does it become worth shelling out to sack him? Purely from a footballing perspective, we’re crying out for an experienced manager. Rooney has done far more harm than good. If replacing him keeps us up is it really too expensive?

What upsets me is the message that it sends to our players.

Why should the players get early nights, and abstain from alcohol, and do extra training, and keep their bodies in pique physical fitness, if the manager does not set his own high standards.

I am not sure that I agree that what he does in his own time is his own business - but even if that is the case - I do not think it extends to passing out in the company of strangers, and being completely vulnerable to whatever they might choose to do.

PS. I have seen the posts saying that the offensive pictures have been removed from the forum. I have not seen links to them except for the link to the article in The Sun.

It is not the content of the pictures that offends me - it is the general behaviour that seems inappropriate for our football manager.

If we are going to do well this season, the players and coaches are going to have to pull together and work harder than they can imagine. I think this behaviour undermines this. And that is why I am angry.

I think that some players, staff, and hands will be offended by the morality of the apparent situation.

The statement - from him or the club - says that no sexual activity took place.

But this statement seems wholly irrelevant!

If he can do what he likes, then it doesn't matter if he had sex. 

But if it is important to state that it is important that he did not have sex - then this implies that it does matter what he does.

Therefore, it does matter that he was doing whatever he was doing in a hotel room, to which the women nearly half his age continued to have access when he was unconscious.

Ask yourselves. Would your husband or wife accept you having sex with another person? And if not, do you think would that they would accept you falling asleep in a hotel room with one or two young and sexually attractive strangers?

From some of the comments that I have read, I will now be accused of being Amish. Maybe I am. Why should I not be?

I think that some players, staff and fans will be offended.

And if his wife and family are offended too, then it is definitely going to affect his ability to do his job and manage the team.

And I have been positive about his potential as a manager! And so, I take it as a personal kick in the teeth. 

I haven't expected him to do things perfectly as he learns his trade - but I did not expect him to undermine his efforts with non-footballing behaviour.

The best thing that he can do is get down to the training ground early - leave late - and do extra -  give himself a massive fine - and show everyone that although mistakes can happen - the commitment to the club (when paid millions) is paramount - and that mistakes can be atoned for through extra effort and commitment.

And then maybe he has a chance to will be able to earn back the ability to get players, and staff, and fans to go the extra mile.

1 hour ago, Ken Tram said:

And I have been positive about his potential as a manager! And so, I take it as a personal kick in the teeth. 

I haven't expected him to do things perfectly as he learns his trade - but I did not expect him to undermine his efforts with non-footballing behaviour.

The best thing that he can do is get down to the training ground early - leave late - and do extra -  give himself a massive fine - and show everyone that although mistakes can happen - the commitment to the club (when paid millions) is paramount - and that mistakes can be atoned for through extra effort and commitment.

And then maybe he has a chance to will be able to earn back the ability to get players, and staff, and fans to go the extra mile.

Honestly feel the best thing he can do is resign. I think he is one of a dwindling number who feel he can make something of the awful situation we're in. Think we need an experienced head not someone learning their trade. Having said that would love to see Curtis involved in the new setup. We desperately need to restore some pride and credibility to the club and think Curtis would help to do that whilst learning the ropes. Got a feeling he'll make a top manager one day.