Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/07/2022 at 16:47, PistoldPete said:

Did any Wigan players jump ship when their contracts were transferred ? I think Buchanan went out on a limb, this isn’t like the Rangers situation.  Especially as he miraculously found a club just a day after Clowes took over. 

Looks like you were right with Buchanan! Fair play to you.

2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

But if Bremen are paying development compensation, not a transfer fee, that assumes he was not under contract. If the same is true for Byrne then he is available on a free transfer. 

Agreed, that's why it felt pointed that we opened with "Bremen have accepted their transfer of Lee Buchanan was not a free transfer"

I suspect we accepted "only" that compensation in exchange for them not counting it as a free transfer and therefore not setting the precidence for the Byrne as being a free transfer

26 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

To me, the wording suggests that it has been agreed that the extension was not valid. However, due to age we will be due compensation.

This indirectly suggests that Byrne's contract extension was not valid either, so will be leaving on a free.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

To me, the wording suggests that it has been agreed that the extension was not valid. However, due to age we will be due compensation.

This indirectly suggests that Byrne's contract extension was not valid either, so will be leaving on a free.

Don’t want to see NB in a Rams shirt ever again, you’re either committed to the cause or you re not.

With that in mind “don’t let the door hit you in the arse on you way out” you EFFING ?