Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Good Luck.  why bother their arse putting that in.  f*** off chancer would be preferable

The club taking the moral high ground, and I’m all for it. Shows how well the club continue to treat him despite his conduct and helps continue the change in how the club presents itself under the new ownership. 

54 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

Looks like you were right with Buchanan! Fair play to you.

Actually as GOC has said the wording suggests that we are entitled to compensation as he is under 24. There is no mention of a transfer fee .. which is what I would have expected for a player under contract. 

Hopefully the funds that come in for this little ??can be used in terms of either a transfer fee for a target or go against funding the loan targets we were all expecting to happen this week ?????

Maybe, just maybe something positive can come from this little weasels behaviour.

Anyway, Lee who??

Onwards and upwards COYR ?????

16 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Actually as GOC has said the wording suggests that we are entitled to compensation as he is under 24. There is no mention of a transfer fee .. which is what I would have expected for a player under contract. 

Yet the amounts you can get from a league club outside of England and Wales are far less than him going to an English or welsh club so it might be classed as a transfer?

6 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Hopefully the funds that come in for this little ??can be used in terms of either a transfer fee for a target or go against funding the loan targets we were all expecting to happen this week ?????

Maybe, just maybe something positive can come from this little weasels behaviour.

Anyway, Lee who??

Onwards and upwards COYR ?????

Any money received may well go into the pot to pay the next instalment on Belick 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The club taking the moral high ground, and I’m all for it. Shows how well the club continue to treat him despite his conduct and helps continue the change in how the club presents itself under the new ownership. 

Shame they treated him so well back in 2019 when he was on 200 quid a week.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Peanuts for a player of potential but better than nowt I suppose.

Also sets the precedent for the eventual resolution of Nathan Byrnes next move.

Problem with Lee is, he’s just not getting any better. We’d have finished higher last season if Instead of being stubborn Rooney had given Fozzy more playing time. Lee sorry to say it is a floppy footballer in defence and when advancing he is more likely to play it backwards than forwards. He has no way of beating a RFB who has any pace. 
But don’t blame him for his agent’s antics 

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

Was it in the John Percy Telegraph re-hash yesterday that Derby received £290k in training compo for Ebosele? I think he didn't join us til he was 16 so do Bray get some of that too?

I think Bray get something like 40,000 EUR for the 4 years development from ages 12-15 plus 5% of whatever we get.

From what I read it's 10,000 EUR for each year 12-15 and 75,000 EUR for each year 16-19 in Ebosele's case.

So 300,000 EUR for us.

Edited by Carnero

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Shame they treated him so well back in 2019 when he was on 200 quid a week.

Regardless of how we as fans feel about any individual and any incidents alleged or otherwise, the club has to conduct itself in the right manner and essentially “be better than/rise above” any questionable behaviour. The MM years did a lot of damage to the perception and reputation of the club, it’s clear the culture was all wrong, we’re turning a corner now on all those things.
So yes, you don’t like Lee Buchanan and the way he has behaved, that’s all good, doesn’t mean the club should lower itself by releasing negative or dismissive comments, short, polite and respectful comment like the one earlier shows the club in the best light in my opinion.