Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

When was the last time we lost 7 in a row? Seriously? It was a decade since we lost 5 in a row so I’m gonna say it was the 11 point season. 

Blind faith says we’ve got one more result in us. Hopefully we only need a draw although to be honest you can’t see us holding onto anything.

I wouldn’t change much. Bird for Knight and Roberts for Waggy. 

Zonal marking has cost us 4 games running. Have the coaches learned? Probably not. Here’s hoping for a 1-1.

7 in a row was October-December in the 07/08 season. 6 in a row was April-May 07/08 season.
Outside the first tier, last time we lost 6 in a row was 83/84 (what happened at the end of that season?), last time we lost 7 in a row was 54/55 (what happened at the end of that season?)

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Wizzy out for the season I think, no Joz even on the bench?

Good spot. Yes, Jozwiak on the bench. Bit harsh given his decent performance at Swansea but I think Roberts' might find the killer pass more often. 

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Is one decent high energy performance beyond us??

Some Pride at Pride Park ??

Maybe some Mother's Pride bread, Rooney won't use his loaf anyway you slice it

Cheered myself up a bit watched a few you tube Derby highlights. 

Beating Man City 6-0 ..playing WBA 0-0 at HT .... Ended 5-3...8 goals in 28 minutes lol..

Watched the Palace promotion decider and of course the 4-1 Real Madrid game..was at all those games and just reminds me how great in can be supporting this wonderful old club of ours..

2 hours ago, Rampant said:

Good spot. Yes, Jozwiak on the bench. Bit harsh given his decent performance at Swansea but I think Roberts' might find the killer pass more often. 

Jozwiak averted an almost certain goal tracking back with his energy and pace. Set up some decent chances others spurned at Swansea. Roberts flatters to deceive.

Picture this - 

It’s 0-0 Sheffield Wed have a corner in the 3rd minute of added time. Jordan Rhodes is the only Wed player in the penalty area and is surrounded by 8 Derby defenders. Barry Bannon swings over a corner and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Rhodes scores a free header form 10 yards out, with every Derby player looking at each other. 
In his after match interview, Derby Manager Wayne Rooney, stated he can’t fault the performance, we have to stop these mistakes and we’ll be working on it in training all week ? 

9 hours ago, JfR said:

7 in a row was October-December in the 07/08 season. 6 in a row was April-May 07/08 season.
Outside the first tier, last time we lost 6 in a row was 83/84 (what happened at the end of that season?), last time we lost 7 in a row was 54/55 (what happened at the end of that season?)

I'll save you the effort of googling it yourself.

We finished bottom with the equivalent of 30 points (only 2 points for a win in those days) and were, of course, relegated along with Ipswich.

The following season we finished runners up to the mighty Grimsby Town in the third division North but only one team were promoted from that division.

The following season we won the third division North and were promoted back to the second tier. 

I'd take that but I don't think it will quite so easy this time. 

Marshall

Byrne   Edmondson   Clarke   Buchanan  

Knight   Shinnie   

Roberts  Sibley  Jozwiak  

Kazim

Pointless exercise trying to predict Rooney’s teams because we know Lawrence is undroppable.

Buchanan is a risk but Forsyth has looked so poor of late.

Knight and Shinnie have to anchor because we have to play four attacking players.

We have to find the best ways of getting the ball on the floor and into the opposition penalty area.

Lawrence has given goals away recently and gets his feet tangled up when he needs to be precise.

Rooney may pick my team but with Lawrence instead of Sibley.

I just can’t see the winners in our squad whereas with Wednesday you have Bannan, Reach and Paterson, all of whom would walk into our side.

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Marshall

Byrne   Edmondson   Clarke   Buchanan  

Knight   Shinnie   

Roberts  Sibley  Jozwiak  

Kazim

Pointless exercise trying to predict Rooney’s teams because we know Lawrence is undroppable.

Buchanan is a risk but Forsyth has looked so poor of late.

Knight and Shinnie have to anchor because we have to play four attacking players.

We have to find the best ways of getting the ball on the floor and into the opposition penalty area.

Lawrence has given goals away recently and gets his feet tangled up when he needs to be precise.

Rooney may pick my team but with Lawrence instead of Sibley.

I just can’t see the winners in our squad whereas with Wednesday you have Bannan, Reach and Paterson, all of whom would walk into our side.

I'd swap Lawrence for Roberts but keep the rest 

Marshall
Byrne  Edmundson  Clarke  Forsyth
            Sibley  Bird  Shinnie
      Jozwiak  Kazim  Lawrence

2 awful teams. I watched the Sheff Wed v Forest game and they looked as toothless as we do.

Do I have any faith that we can be slightly less worse than the Wendies? No. But this is football and anything can happen, I guess.

10 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

When was the last time we lost 7 in a row? Seriously? It was a decade since we lost 5 in a row so I’m gonna say it was the 11 point season. 

Blind faith says we’ve got one more result in us. Hopefully we only need a draw although to be honest you can’t see us holding onto anything.

I wouldn’t change much. Bird for Knight and Roberts for Waggy. 

Zonal marking has cost us 4 games running. Have the coaches learned? Probably not. Here’s hoping for a 1-1.

Don't think it was intentional zonal marking that cost us yesterday. Players didn't mark their man and that was their job and they failed. It wasn't zonal marking from crosses. Forsyth Knight and Lawrence didn't do basic jobs. Other matches, still seemed to be a lack of desire from players to defend crosses and corners. It's more than tactics, its players not giving 100 per cent, they can't be bothered to do basics. 

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I am torn. Will it be a Barry Bannan corner to an unmarked player standing between zones that gives them their first goal or an Adam Reach 25 yarder when we inevitably fail to close him down?  It really could go either way. 

Either way our response will be fanny about with it (especially in the last couple of minutes), give it away cheaply, don't shoot etc.