Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Whys Warne so upset then.  Is it us agreeing to play them 24 hours after a game was called off to help them with their mismanagement of covid amongst the squad or is it giving them a player on loan for the season to boost their squad.

Back to League 1 you moaning Bamford and take that big mouthed gob poo with you. 

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

Putting Curtis on the bench and then putting him into the game was risky but ultimately brilliant decision by Rooney.  This added to the faith he showed by keeping faith in waggy got us across the line

It just showed how light our squad was - a much needed experienced head on the pitch who knows how to defend - we missed him so much since he was injured 

30 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Genuine question to those who are enough of a fan to come on here and care enough to read, chat and offer opinions, but chose not to watch/listen to what was Derby's most important game for decades? Why not? And, out of interest, do you now regret it?

Fair question.

I'm one of those who chose not to watch. Season ticket holder, watched all previous games on ramstv.

For me it was a combination of nerves totally shot and baseless superstition. I knew I would be turning it on, off, on, off, on, off.

I dont regret it in the slightest. My baseless superstition means I honestly think me watching the game would have caused us to lose and get relegated (I know how stupid that sounds).

I'm the hero in all this. Not waggy. Not curtis. Not Rooney. If I hadn't have missed watching the game we would have gone down.

28 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Genuine question to those who are enough of a fan to come on here and care enough to read, chat and offer opinions, but chose not to watch/listen to what was Derby's most important game for decades? Why not? And, out of interest, do you now regret it?

I did watch the game but it was honestly a toss up about whether or not I was going to and it's for similar reasons why I've been trying to stay off the forum. 

It just felt pointless and depressing, like before the game it felt like we would inevitably conspire a way to lose the game, play like garbage and meekly get shuffled into the league 1. For the past few weeks I've tried to distance myself a bit from the forum and the club in general because I found that all it was giving me was stress and a sense of bitterness. I can talk on here about this or that problem but it feels like it's the same discussion about the same problems that has been circling around for months. I can watch the game live but it's almost inevitably going to a turgid performance by an under coached side that doesn't look like it knows what it's doing and the same mistakes being repeated by management and players a like ad nauseam. It was just getting my down and I was taking no joy from something that is ultimately entertainment. Especially given the current circumstances I really questioned whether it was worth it and for the most part the answer was no. Coming on here or watching the game felt more like passively compulsively doing as opposed to doing it for the active joy of it. And so I tried to take a step away.

Ultimately the only reason I watched yesterday was because it was on at 12.30 and I didn't have much on till later in the afternoon, even then I seriously considered whether doing anything else would have been "healthier" and considered the same at half time. I'm glad I did watch it in the end and I had a palpable sense of joy and relief at the final whistle. But since then my feelings have slipped back to the negative with an overwhelming sense of papering over chasm like cracks and I suspect if things coast on like they are doing we will be in for a healthy dose of more of the same next year. The ironic thing is even now when I know it's probably not a great idea for me, here I am responding to you mostly out of sense of trying to given a genuine question a genuine answer.

TLDR; I know I shouldn't watch the car crash but here I am

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I could only watch two of the last six minutes. I have seen it all more than once now.

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Perhaps they have heart conditions or panic attacks

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I must be one of the few people who thinks Mike Dean is a actually a good referee, he takes an awful lot of stick at times ( mainly for actually having a personality ) but is never afraid to call it as he sees it.

Long live Mike Dean!

¡ Viva Mike Dean !

#MikeDean4Eva

Maybe it's just the VAR that makes him look bad. Who knows. I think he had a good game yesterday anyway

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I must be one of the few people who thinks Mike Dean is a actually a good referee, he takes an awful lot of stick at times ( mainly for actually having a personality ) but is never afraid to call it as he sees it.

Long live Mike Dean!

¡ Viva Mike Dean !

#MikeDean4Eva

he is a good ref. still cant get my head round why he booked a sub who wasnt on the pitch tho!

15 hours ago, KBB said:

Fair question.

I'm one of those who chose not to watch. Season ticket holder, watched all previous games on ramstv.

For me it was a combination of nerves totally shot and baseless superstition. I knew I would be turning it on, off, on, off, on, off.

I dont regret it in the slightest. My baseless superstition means I honestly think me watching the game would have caused us to lose and get relegated (I know how stupid that sounds).

I'm the hero in all this. Not waggy. Not curtis. Not Rooney. If I hadn't have missed watching the game we would have gone down.

You took one for the team, KBB...what a guy.

On 08/05/2021 at 13:36, Jortat said:

I dragged myself out of bed after only 4 hours sleep after my night shift and I’m back in tonight for another 14 hour night.

Please Derby help me get through the night . I live in Suffolk and my Ipswich work mates are all ready to tear me apart tonight.

All we need is a couple of goals ( I know, I know but I can dream lol)

COYR ???

Another Suffolk Ram? There are so many of us! - you're the 14th I know of.