Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

11 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think so too because I've a nasty feeling Rotherham will get the points they need. 

I think it's so difficult to call but either Rotherham or wednesday i think will overhaul us. I could see rotherham getting two draws in the next 2 and wednesday beating us. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think it's so difficult to call but either Rotherham or wednesday i think will overhaul us. I could see rotherham getting two draws in the next 2 and wednesday beating us. 

What when Wednesday  players are getting paid 2 washers and a bean bag each week 

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The problem is that they aren't.

They would have more points than we do without the points deduction.

We are in worse form than any other team with 6 straight losses and 13 (or 14 now??) games since a win.

They are measureably less sheet than us!

We're sheet, no doubt about that.

But our home record, even after Bielik injury, is Played 8, won 3, drew 2, lost 3, scored 10, conceded 8.

Wednesday have lost 7 of their 8 away games. Scored 6 and conceded 19.

We'll be ok for at least a draw.

17 minutes ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

But our home record, even after Bielik injury, is Played 8, won 3, drew 2, lost 3, scored 10, conceded 8.

Well,let's hope so,I sadly can't see anything other than another loss as the teams confidence is shot and most are moving on next season which isn't a good motivator.

Fingers crossed,eh.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

3/4 of the senior squad out of contract more or less and not being offered deals until we know what league we’re in, in a relegation dog fight & they’re not being paid on time? 
The performance on Saturday makes tonnes more sense...If my work told me they’d probably be letting me go in a few weeks time and THEN didn’t pay me on time....they’d be lucky if I turned up to work.

Posted one hour ago on the Wednesday forum ................sound familiar?

They’re holding a ground protest, having player of the year protest vote .....and yep you’ve guessed it Jack Marriott is the current favourite.

if we can’t beat this lot at home then forget League 1 we should voluntarily drop automatically to League 2!?

How the team handle nerves could be pretty decisive. I would hope the stadium being empty would reduce the anxiety but we really don’t have the players that revel in such an occasion and rise to the challenge.

It goes without saying I’m hoping for a win but I just feel the lads are bereft of confidence and the fear of making mistakes may inhibit our play more than lousy instructions from the coaching staff. 

I’m a bag of nerves already and there’s like five days to go. ? 

1 hour ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Famous last words...

After the Swansea game, which we played quite well in (barring some players). I feel Roos could have saved one or even both goals that we conceded. Waghorn was a waste of space on Saturday and his stats released today back it up. I would drop Roos for Marshall, play Byrne, Clarke, Edmundson and Buchanan in a back four. Shinnie and Knight in central midfield, Roberts on the right Jozwiak on the left Lawrence in behind CKR up front. If Rotherham lose this Tuesday, we would only need a draw, but that's a dangerous position to be in. We must go for the win to be sure.

1 hour ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Could you do a similar analysis of Forest & Stoke's results going into the final game of last season?

You knowsl, the day Forest lost 4-1 at home to a Stoke team with nothing to play for, facilitating a 7, 8(?) goal GD swing after spending 6 months looking guaranteed a play-off place.

That's the sort of thing that can happen on the final day, and I would not back us to be the team performing miracles.

Edited by Coconut

9 hours ago, r4derby said:

Admittedly, I’m already in the final stage of grief - acceptance, about the whole season and our fate. 

Good post, me too here. 6 straight defeats and I've since accepted we are actually League One standard in performance terms this season. Wednesday in footballing terms are 3 points better than us despite what the table says. We've been given a lifeline we've done nothing on the pitch to deserve IMO. I hope we stay up on Saturday but I don't think I'll be appreciably more down about things if we get confirmed relegated now, large part of the grieving process has been over the prior 45 games.

6 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Good post, me too here. 6 straight defeats and I've since accepted we are actually League One standard in performance terms this season. Wednesday in footballing terms are 3 points better than us despite what the table says. We've been given a lifeline we've done nothing on the pitch to deserve IMO. I hope we stay up on Saturday but I don't think I'll be appreciably more down about things if we get confirmed relegated now, large part of the grieving process has been over the prior 45 games.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. Won't be giving up on the team any time soon though. Too bloody-minded ?

COYR

42 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Pretty much sums up my feelings. Won't be giving up on the team any time soon though. Too bloody-minded ?

COYR

Yep. It’s important for us supporters to let out our frustration and anger, but then be willing to go again. We'll be singing next season, whoever we’re playing. That has to be the mindset.

1 hour ago, SillyBilly said:

If we win on Saturday, Wednesday will be 6 points behind us and possibly a worse goal diffence. so giving their deducted 6 points back would still possibly have them below us in the table. And 6 straight league defeats was acheived by Bristol City earlier in the season having lost to the Rams on the 30th Jan they went through most of February losing another 5 league games including a defeat in the cup to struggling Sheff Utd which meant they lost 7 in total on the bounce. Does that make Bristol League One standard, not all League one teams lose 6 or 7 on the run. Yes Bristol are'nt in a relegation situation, but they have lost 24 games like the Rams and have conceded 65 goals compared with our 55. It's fine margains, the odd draw being a defeat or win being a draw could have put any team from 15th position to where we are currently. I expect the Barnsley fans last season who finished 4th from bottom with Wigan going down because of their points deduction were thinking they were League One standard. I wonder what happened to them this season.

4 hours ago, plymouthram said:

If we win on Saturday, Wednesday will be 6 points behind us and possibly a worse goal diffence. so giving their deducted 6 points back would still possibly have them below us in the table. And 6 straight league defeats was acheived by Bristol City earlier in the season having lost to the Rams on the 30th Jan they went through most of February losing another 5 league games including a defeat in the cup to struggling Sheff Utd which meant they lost 7 in total on the bounce. Does that make Bristol League One standard, not all League one teams lose 6 or 7 on the run. Yes Bristol are'nt in a relegation situation, but they have lost 24 games like the Rams and have conceded 65 goals compared with our 55. It's fine margains, the odd draw being a defeat or win being a draw could have put any team from 15th position to where we are currently. I expect the Barnsley fans last season who finished 4th from bottom with Wigan going down because of their points deduction were thinking they were League One standard. I wonder what happened to them this season.

if you play around with edges and the odd result you can manipulate the season to almost whatever you want. Wycombe instead of taking 1 point off us could have taken 6 and now be above us (we robbed them of victory at theirs and they hit the bar in the dying moments at 1-1 at pride park) and so be above us. Therefore it's best avoided, teams end up over 46 games where they deserve to be and we absolutely deserve to be here. Let's be honest, we didn't even look that good against a Swansea team making changes to half their team with nothing to play for and we are one of the 4 teams cut adrift from the rest of the division.

Losing 6 on the bounce doesn't make us league 1 standard, getting 1 win in 15 i think it is now does and being on the verge of relegation arguably makes it the case and so does scoring so few goals. It all points to the fact we're currently not competitive in this division.  I could go back into the calamity of the management structure or the inadequacy and lack of desire and backbone from the players but I've said plenty on that over the past couple of months months.  

Yes, next season if we survive we might do a Barnsley and go from relegation favourites to promotion hopefuls, it's something we also did in 2006-2007 following the calamitous  05-06 season. Generally that requires a mass clear out and rebuilding project that if we stay up I've got no faith in the ownership executing.  At the moment, I think we're going down, I hope it's not the case but I can't see where the next result is coming from. If we can't get results against second string teams that have 0 to play for then us getting something against a team scrapping for their lives isn't an outcome I'm betting on. 

7 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

If we can't get results against second string teams that have 0 to play for then us getting something against a team scrapping for their lives isn't an outcome I'm betting on. 

I see your point but Wednesday aren't scrapping for their lives. 

15 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

How the team handle nerves could be pretty decisive. I would hope the stadium being empty would reduce the anxiety but we really don’t have the players that revel in such an occasion and rise to the challenge.

It goes without saying I’m hoping for a win but I just feel the lads are bereft of confidence and the fear of making mistakes may inhibit our play more than lousy instructions from the coaching staff. 

I’m a bag of nerves already and there’s like five days to go. ? 

This team is utterly incapable of coping with any amount of pressure.

Saturday is a pressure game.

We are screwed.

Sheffield don't even need to play anywhere near well to beat us, we give goals away for free. They just need to turn up with 11 fit players and they'll be fine.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta