Derby vs Sheff W (H) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm not a betting man and gambling isn't my thing, but those of you like a flutter, surely 2-1 to Wednesday is as certain a bet as possible?

Or 0-1....a Wednesday win unfortunately ?

6 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

A game we Must wun, but have the players got the balls to do so. Not sure if they have, hope we do win, but thats all i have is hope. 

While there's still chance we must hope. It's a funny old game football. Tuesday night will give us a clue as to how much hope...

#COYR

The line up I've been wanting to see for weeks would be something along the lines of...

image.png.0beb247d9458f245122611772572bf8b.png

Like pretty much the entire team, Marshall's form has been iffy recently, but on balance, he's the pick for an all or nothing game. For Kelle, these high pressure games seem to induce schizoid embolisms and on balance I'd take the experience of Marshall over the potential of Roos.

Fozzy has looked a shadow of himself in recent weeks. All kinds of love and respect for a man who'd run through walls for this club, but his legs look gone. Lee's form has been rocky in recent times and it's a big ask for such a young lad to stand tall in a game of this nature. That said, he wins everything in the air defensively and currently offers more going forward than an exhausted Fozzy. Edmundson is one of few aerial threats we possess. Any set piece that allows us to put the ball into their area, get him forward with Shinnie dropping in as back 4 cover. Let's have less of the stupid routines too and just ensure we put the ball into the right areas and preferably, at pace.

I rate Max Bird highly but in this game more than most, a win is vital. With regret, I feel like it's either Bird or Shinnie, not both. Shinnie has the experience, the stamina and a bit of dog about him which could be vital in a relegation shootout. In so much, he earns the vote.

Lawrence, Colin and Roberts pick themselves in a squad that is light on attacking threat. Waggy is all heart but I think even he'd say he's had a miserable season and we can't continue doing the same things week in, week out in the hope that something changes. If the lad had timed his runs better this season, we'd already be safe. 

FFS, get the lads pumped up to start fast and blitz them in the first 20 or at least try to do so. They're under massive pressure too so let's try to boss the game early. I don't care one iota what the resident Rooney fanboy says, this is a reasonable team in the context of the Championship and there's absolutely no reason for us to fear a team with the worst away record in the division. I'm sick to death of watching a group of lads who look terrified of making a mistake. It's high time Rooney and the coaches sorted out the mindset. If they do, I believe we will beat Wednesday. If they can't, we'll be relegated.

The coaching team have always been quite keen to accept the plaudits, but if they fail for the 15th game running, then they'll need to accept they are not up to the job, do the honourable thing and resign without prejudice and with immediate effect. 

COYR

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The line up I've been wanting to see for weeks would be something along the lines of...

image.png.0beb247d9458f245122611772572bf8b.png

Like pretty much the entire team, Marshall's form has been iffy recently, but on balance, he's the pick for an all or nothing game. For Kelle, these high pressure games seem to induce schizoid embolisms and on balance I'd take the experience of Marshall over the potential of Roos.

Fozzy has looked a shadow of himself in recent weeks. All kinds of love and respect for a man who'd run through walls for this club, but his legs look gone. Lee's form has been rocky in recent times and it's a big ask for such a young lad to stand tall in a game of this nature. That said, he wins everything in the air defensively and currently offers more going forward than an exhausted Fozzy. Edmundson is one of few aerial threats we possess. Any set piece that allows us to put the ball into their area, get him forward with Shinnie dropping in as back 4 cover. Let's have less of the stupid routines too and just ensure we put the ball into the right areas and preferably, at pace.

I rate Max Bird highly but in this game more than most, a win is vital. With regret, I feel like it's either Bird or Shinnie, not both. Shinnie has the experience, the stamina and a bit of dog about him which could be vital in a relegation shootout. In so much, he earns the vote.

Lawrence, Colin and Roberts pick themselves in a squad that is light on attacking threat. Waggy is all heart but I think even he'd say he's had a miserable season and we can't continue doing the same things week in, week out in the hope that something changes. If the lad had timed his runs better this season, we'd already be safe. 

FFS, get the lads pumped up to start fast and blitz them in the first 20 or at least try to do so. They're under massive pressure too so let's try to boss the game early. I don't care one iota what the resident Rooney fanboy says, this is a reasonable team in the context of the Championship and there's absolutely no reason for us to fear a team with the worst away record in the division. I'm sick to death of watching a group of lads who look terrified of making a mistake. It's high time Rooney and the coaches sorted out the mindset. If they do, I believe we will beat Wednesday. If they can't, we'll be relegated.

The coaching team have always been quite keen to accept the plaudits, but if they fail for the 15th game running, then they'll need to accept they are not up to the job, do the honourable thing and resign without prejudice and with immediate effect. 

COYR

Don’t get why so many are leaving out Joz after one of his best games for us...

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Waggy is all heart but I think even he'd say he's had a miserable season and we can't continue doing the same things week in, week out...

Yeah he told us midweek that the players 'had to leave everything on the pitch' for the Swansea game. Perhaps he can go look for his 'everything'! ? All heart, great.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t get why so many are leaving out Joz after one of his best games for us...

In all honesty, that's the one tough call. What swings it in Tom's favour and it's just an opinion, is that he offers greater goal threat. I really rate Kamil but I just don't see him winning the game single-handedly, which Tom occasionally can. That said, I'd not be unhappy at all to see their roles reversed and I agree that Kamil was the standout last time out. I'd be expecting Lawrence and Roberts to be flat out for 60 minutes and then giving Joz at least half an hour against tired legs. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah he told us midweek that the players 'had to leave everything on the pitch' for the Swansea game. Perhaps he can go look for his 'everything'! ? All heart, great.

Have you eve noticed that the only person who laughs at your 'jokes' is you? 

A day of days. 

Glad I will be playing cricket instead of watching this game.

On paper Sheff Wed's have much the better team and if only for their points deduction the roles would be reversed. With us needing the win to survive. 

If going down means our club continues to exist with a rich chairman and no Rooney I do not think that is a bad thing. Big ifs though all round.

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

In all honesty, that's the one tough call. What swings it in Tom's favour and it's just an opinion, is that he offers greater goal threat. I really rate Kamil but I just don't see him winning the game single-handedly, which Tom occasionally can. That said, I'd not be unhappy at all to see their roles reversed and I agree that Kamil was the standout last time out. I'd be expecting Lawrence and Roberts to be flat out for 60 minutes and then giving Joz at least half an hour against tired legs. 

I’d start all of them. The best we’ve played in months was the first half against Blackburn, with a fluid front 4. CKR has done well for us this season, but it’s not working for him at the moment. Not sure if it’s still his hip, tiredness or what, but he’s not holding it up and he’s not taking his chances.  I’d start Lawrence up front with Joswiak, Sibley and Roberts behind him, and let them all rotate.  We need to go for it, we can’t sit back and try and nick something with the way we’re defending. 

16 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I’d start all of them. The best we’ve played in months was the first half against Blackburn, with a fluid front 4. CKR has done well for us this season, but it’s not working for him at the moment. Not sure if it’s still his hip, tiredness or what, but he’s not holding it up and he’s not taking his chances.  I’d start Lawrence up front with Joswiak, Sibley and Roberts behind him, and let them all rotate.  We need to go for it, we can’t sit back and try and nick something with the way we’re defending. 

I think I'd go with this too, lets try & drag Wendies around the park with movement. Love Kazim but he's clearly struggling with his hip & Lawrence has been surprisingly effective in the box recently. It also lessens the need for him to track back which is a blessing for the team really. 

It is however crucial that they get quality into them & that means Bird must start in place of Knight. Max will pass through the lines whereas Knight is stuck in no risk sideways & back mode. Also dont believe we'd be any weaker defensively with Bird in the team instead of Knight.

26 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Hadn't even occurred to me, but I'd love to see it happen. If it didn't work, at least we'd be going out all guns blazing. What are the chances though? ?‍♂️ 

to be in PP on Saturday, the pure emotion and the noise would be what every fan should crave for, a roller coaster of the season in 90m the likes of the armchair support will never feel. 

like it or not this is where we are... roll on Saturday .....

COME ON YOU USELESS RAMS TIME TO DELIVER 

Excited Lets Go GIF by Mind Pump Media

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm not a betting man and gambling isn't my thing, but those of you like a flutter, surely 2-1 to Wednesday is as certain a bet as possible?

I'm glad you're not a betting man ?

Believe it or not, Derby is and should be clear favourite for this one. Winning percentages around 44 v 27. 

11 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I'm glad you're not a betting man ?

Believe it or not, Derby is and should be clear favourite for this one. Winning percentages around 44 v 27. 

You're right. I forget. It's Sheff Wednesday. In that regard, this week should be survival party time.

12 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Jozwiak averted an almost certain goal tracking back with his energy and pace. Set up some decent chances others spurned at Swansea. Roberts flatters to deceive.

It's sad that the best bit of defending we've seen for weeks was our winger sweeping up behind our defence.