Get him gone.

Rev

Rooney wasn't qualified to be a manager.

Its not his fault the club offered him the job.

The club should not have offered him the managers job.

Yet the goal of the owner was to sell the club, Mel believed that Rooney would help him sell the club.

Mel has a track record with unsuccessful managers, its cost him a lot of money.

Goodbye to the Derby way, it was a failed experiment.

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Lampard's loans were more effective. Perhaps Frank had better contacts in the game, due to him being a legend from a top premiership team with a fantastic record of playing for England. Wayne can't match that, can he? 

I can't agree with this one as a criticism. Lampard got better loans because he was given the money to pay for them. Harry Wilson alone was reported to have cost a £1m fee + (probably not unsubstantial) wages. Given the circumstances of the January window, I wouldn't be shocked if the five loans brought in by Rooney will have cost us less than £1m combined. 
Lampard might have been an attraction to the players he brought in, but do you think Chelsea or Liverpool would have sent them here if we couldn't pay a loan fee for them and couldn't pay much towards their wages?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What was Rooney's in his first 12 games?

Including his games as interim (forgetting the 2 games where we had joint managers) Rooney won 5 out 12 giving a 41.6% win ratio.  Still behind Bowyer but could be considered reasonable given our position at the time.

But I am genuinely interested as to why you have a lot faith in him but didn’t Cocu.  I had faith in Cocu but he did start to lose me towards the end but I just don’t see it with Rooney.  Maybe I’m missing something.

You might ask why I had faith in Cocu - fair question.  I felt he had a long term plan, the first one since Clough Jnr who did.  He had a set formation, style, etc which I don’t think he had the chance to fully implement due to injuries, etc.  Rooney doesn’t seem to have a plan, preferred formation, style, vision - the things I think are fundamental to being a manager.

58 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

But I am genuinely interested as to why you have a lot faith in him but didn’t Cocu.  I had faith in Cocu but he did start to lose me towards the end but I just don’t see it with Rooney.  Maybe I’m missing something.

You might ask why I had faith in Cocu - fair question.  I felt he had a long term plan, the first one since Clough Jnr who did.  He had a set formation, style, etc which I don’t think he had the chance to fully implement due to injuries, etc.  Rooney doesn’t seem to have a plan, preferred formation, style, vision - the things I think are fundamental to being a manager.

Well, Cocu had the 'opportunity' to try and develop a long-term plan Rooney hasn't had that. Simple as that.

14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I keep finding myself wondering why Man U, then Everton, then DC United were all quite happy to let him move along...

Because he was too old for the biggest club in the world and he has early enough respect so they wanted to let him “go home” the Everton also realised he was too old for them and he had also wasn’t enough respect so they wanted him to try his hand in the USA and then DC let him go so he could move back to England... hardly rocket science is It...?

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Because he was too old for the biggest club in the world and he has early enough respect so they wanted to let him “go home” the Everton also realised he was too old for them and he had also wasn’t enough respect so they wanted him to try his hand in the USA and then DC let him go so he could move back to England... hardly rocket science is It...?

And we have now realised.....

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Just getting in early and saying whoever the next manager is I want them out as well, and the one after that, then the one after that. None of them will get us into the Champions League so let's just get them gone, and the one after that as well.

But future managers might do well.....

Edited by Jimbo Ram

10 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Just getting in early and saying whoever the next manager is I want them out as well, and the one after that, then the one after that. None of them will get us into the Champions League so let's just get them gone, and the one after that as well.

I agree. I also want to know why Wayne hasn’t called me personally to assure me he isn’t taking the Spurs job. 

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

No they won't, get them gone. We need to show them what we demand, and if they don't deliver, in ultra quick time, get them gone. In fact, just get rid anyway.

Actually, after what we have endured of late, I think you might be on to something....just not bother with a Manager at all. Just let the players get on with it....can’t be any worse ?

35 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

No they won't, get them gone. We need to show them what we demand, and if they don't deliver, in ultra quick time, get them gone. In fact, just get rid anyway.

This would be a reasonably funny joke if we weren't in danger of relegation and on our biggest loss streak since 2011. Poor Rooney, expected to keep us from league 1. Such cruel, over demanding fans we have. 

18 minutes ago, Andicis said:

This would be a reasonably funny joke if we weren't in danger of relegation and on our biggest loss streak since 2011. Poor Rooney, expected to keep us from league 1. Such cruel, over demanding fans we have. 

we have 8 points from 19 games apparently. Over the second half of this season that makes the point average worse than 0.5 a game.  Horrific. Lose the next two we must be about on par for the average we got in the 11 point season over this period. That’s seems almost impossible in such an ordinary division.  

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

we have 8 points from 19 games apparently. Over the second half of this season that makes the point average worse than 0.5 a game.  Horrific. Lose the next two we must be about on par for the average we got in the 11 point season over this period. That’s seems almost impossible in such an ordinary division.  

Wazza has broken so many records in his career ?

32 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Well that's not actually true ?.

I've just looked at the results and it's 18 points from 19 games, so not sure where you got 8 from!!

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well, Cocu had the 'opportunity' to try and develop a long-term plan Rooney hasn't had that. Simple as that.

Fair enough.  But what is it in the current performances, approach to games, tactics, selections, game management, etc that gives you the faith he deserves it?  And that he can develop a plan?

We are currently going from game to game with different approaches.  Rooney has said he hasn’t had time to implement a philosophy.  I’d argue 30+ games is enough time.  And international breaks are the ideal opportunity to bed in that philosophy and plan.