Get him gone.

Rev

22 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If we go down he'll probably walk rather than tarnish his brand further by being associated with league one - and we'll have a massive media campaign saying it really wasn't Rooney's fault at all.

I don't think he'll walk quite frankly I think his super ego will tell him that as obviously he is operating far below his normal station there will be hoards of suitors waiting to give him a job at Barcelona, Real etc

I was extremely critical of Cocu, in retrospect, I think both he and Rooney were given an unfair challenge, paired with high expectations.

I mean a chef is only as good as his ingredients and the only thing we have in stock is soggy lettuce.

Not happy with Rooney, but it would be nice to see him with the same type of squad Lampard had.

Until we get a decent forward/forwards I doubt a new manager will fix our sitch.

7 minutes ago, Dinnitdough said:

I was extremely critical of Cocu, in retrospect, I think both he and Rooney were given an unfair challenge, paired with high expectations.

I mean a chef is only as good as his ingredients and the only thing we have in stock is soggy lettuce.

Not happy with Rooney, but it would be nice to see him with the same type of squad Lampard had.

Until we get a decent forward/forwards I doubt a new manager will fix our sitch.

A good chef can be creative and work some magic with limited ingredients ??‍?

1 hour ago, WilkoRam said:

The jury, rather surprisingly, is still out for me. I do wish he’d tried to implement a style rather than go game by game but I’d like to see what he does in the summer should we stay up.  Either both Cocu and Rooney are inept or this squad isn’t good enough - I’d suggest, seeing as the squad is the constant, that a lot of the blame rests there. 

either way, if you’re in or you’re out I don’t get the abuse. I don’t care if he says “erm” are lot and people saying he can’t be an effective communicator due to it.....well some managers speak broken English or in Bielsa’s case they don’t speak it at all. Rooney saying “erm” means chuff all. As does his appearance and I also don’t know how people can judge his attitude having never met the bloke. I can understand criticism of the play etc but when people bring this type of thing into the discussion you’ve lost credibility in your argument. 

Mourinho when he is saying he is 'special' .. and is roasting players who then improve, taking titles off established rivals, sets his team up negatively and grinds out 1-0 wins against superior technical teams...well he gets absolutely massive (albeit grudging) respect.

Mourinho winning nothing, playing dull football, losing dressing rooms and wrecking promising careers ...he's just smug, annoying and ruinous to clubs. 

My point? You ignore traits you don't like if you are winning. Plus you also reflect the negative effect they may have on players when you are losing. 

I don't especially dislike Rooney. I just don't think he is equipped for the job in hand. I never did. When results went his way I gave him support and ignored his negative traits, now they grate on me again. 

The performances have been so terrible at times, his game management so dreadful and his body language so negative that it will take miracles to change my mind now. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

The performances have been so terrible at times, his game management so dreadful and his body language so negative that it will take miracles to change my mind now. 

Careful, if we stay up that will be a miracle! 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Yeeeessss, look what Bowyer has done at Brum, it can be done but Wazza can only do beans on toast ?

You need to message Mel because he’s the only one who can get him gone. 

Funny how when Rooney was winning loads of games it was all Macs input now we are losing Mac has no input .

Which is it !

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

You need to message Mel because he’s the only one who can get him gone. 

Funny how when Rooney was winning loads of games it was all Macs input now we are losing Mac has no input .

Which is it !

From what Wazza said yesterday the latter, he is totally responsible, at least he is being honest and not blaming the shambles on anyone else, refreshing in this day and age and what is going on outside of football ?