Get him gone.

Rev

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

You’ve got your hopes up too high kash.

He departs when he walks away and not before.

The club is now hostage to fortune!

Worry more about Mel selling the club and relegation, there ARE worse managers out there for sure. This 'squad situation' isn't a true reflection of his ability (imo).

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh gawd, no time now the Cup Final is on. ? Do you think we could sign Foden on loan if Alonso brings the money!  ?

Don’t give me that old toot, it’s half time now ?

Seriously though and I’m not sticking up for Rooney here, when he was initially planning his route into management, I wonder who he was thinking of bringing in to assist him. I do wonder if he has been hamstrung by having no choice who his assistants are. 

We’ll never know of course but I’ll bet when he very first thought of management he never thought “ I’ll get that Rosenior and Given in” ?

The jury, rather surprisingly, is still out for me. I do wish he’d tried to implement a style rather than go game by game but I’d like to see what he does in the summer should we stay up.  Either both Cocu and Rooney are inept or this squad isn’t good enough - I’d suggest, seeing as the squad is the constant, that a lot of the blame rests there. 

either way, if you’re in or you’re out I don’t get the abuse. I don’t care if he says “erm” are lot and people saying he can’t be an effective communicator due to it.....well some managers speak broken English or in Bielsa’s case they don’t speak it at all. Rooney saying “erm” means chuff all. As does his appearance and I also don’t know how people can judge his attitude having never met the bloke. I can understand criticism of the play etc but when people bring this type of thing into the discussion you’ve lost credibility in your argument. 

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Don’t give me that old toot, it’s half time now ?

Seriously though and I’m not sticking up for Rooney here, when he was initially planning his route into management, I wonder who he was thinking of bringing in to assist him. I do wonder if he has been hamstrung by having no choice who his assistants are. 

We’ll never know of course but I’ll bet when he very first thought of management he never thought “ I’ll get that Rosenior and Given in” ?

Yes that's true too. I think it's so new and different he perhaps didn't take into account there's a kinda difference between getting on with someone and working with them - I think it looks like they all get on, but are they working well for each other? I really started to wonder when I saw the Rosenior with clipboard thing, making points etc and Rooney seeming undecided. Do you remember when Rooney had a little note sent out to him? I dunno, I like Rosenior but is he the best choice to support the manager (Cocu even)?

19 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

To think, if we’d ditched Phil when we should have, we could have gone for Chris Hughton. He would have obtained more points than we have now I’ve no doubt about that. 

And Forest could have had Rooney and a potential relegation battle.

13 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

You would hope that would be the point he wakes up.......I’m not convinced 

If we go down he'll probably walk rather than tarnish his brand further by being associated with league one - and we'll have a massive media campaign saying it really wasn't Rooney's fault at all.

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If we go down he'll probably walk rather than tarnish his brand further by being associated with league one - and we'll have a massive media campaign saying it really wasn't Rooney's fault at all.

You would hope, but look at his playing performances earlier this season, he was awful performance and effort-wise yet had no desire or awareness to change/improve.

58 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

The jury, rather surprisingly, is still out for me. I do wish he’d tried to implement a style rather than go game by game but I’d like to see what he does in the summer should we stay up.  Either both Cocu and Rooney are inept or this squad isn’t good enough - I’d suggest, seeing as the squad is the constant, that a lot of the blame rests there. 

either way, if you’re in or you’re out I don’t get the abuse. I don’t care if he says “erm” are lot and people saying he can’t be an effective communicator due to it.....well some managers speak broken English or in Bielsa’s case they don’t speak it at all. Rooney saying “erm” means chuff all. As does his appearance and I also don’t know how people can judge his attitude having never met the bloke. I can understand criticism of the play etc but when people bring this type of thing into the discussion you’ve lost credibility in your argument. 

100% this. Very well said.