Get him gone.

Rev

2 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

Top sportsmen undoubtedly need a high level of self-belief, but ideally they should also have self-awareness too. Rooney was a world-class footballer, one of the best of his generation, but he's a complete novice as a manager, on the first rung of his new career ladder. If it's true that he's marginalised McClaren then that, to me, smacks of arrogance. As an assistant Mac has gained promotion to the Premier League (with Derby), and has won the European Cup, Premier League and FA Cup while at Man Utd. As a manager/coach he has won a domestic trophy (with Boro) and a foreign league title (in Holland, with Twente). He's also coached the England team. If Rooney thinks that that's the kind of experience that he can safely ignore, whilst in a desperate attempt to avoid relegation to the third level of English football, then he must have a massively greater belief in his own abilities than a lot of people. Unsurprisingly, things do not sound great behind the scenes at Derby County right now.

Not only is there the football side of it, there’s also the leadership, people management side.  Who responds to the carrot, who responds to the stick?  None of the coaching staff have any of that experience behind them, Mac had oodles of it.  He’ll have got some things right, some things wrong, but it’s all experience.

1 hour ago, Turnstile said:

I don’t get the need to get Maclaren installed as manager for 3 games.He had his chance ,failed twice and #issed off to Newcastle in between.Rooney can only play the cards he has been dealt,he can encourage the players to commit and try but he can’t force them too.Rooney hasn’t failed yet and the wally ain’t the answer.

image.gif.158652262e262d5028c6706a68a2fcc1.gif

1 hour ago, Turnstile said:

I don’t get the need to get Maclaren installed as manager for 3 games.He had his chance ,failed twice and #issed off to Newcastle in between.Rooney can only play the cards he has been dealt,he can encourage the players to commit and try but he can’t force them too.Rooney hasn’t failed yet and the wally ain’t the answer.

Iusy6FgiGIay9esyrm.gif

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't and I'm not claiming they definitely have but if you're saying it's a fabrication then you should be in a position to back it up. It strikes me as speculative but perfectly in the bounds of possibility. 

The idea is that you have to back up a totally unsupported claim not the other way around...

I want Rooney gone but realistically Who would take this job? The team is full of spineless losers, no worries with losing any of our players if we go down who in their right mind will take them? Recruitment team need to go along with Mel. Rip it all up and start again absolute circus.

21 hours ago, Turnstile said:

Seriously, is this a wind up?