Get him gone.

Rev

4 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Well Cocu had a lot of bad luck, no preseason and weren’t we doing OK until COVID hit? Especially since we lost some key players from the year before. I think with fans we would be performing better regardless but compare squads over the last 3 years and they have gradually weakened

I think his bad luck was enough to justify giving him the start of this season. He did have a preseason this season, which he seemed to waste working on a 3-4-3 formation which was subsequently binned after a few games when it utterly failed. You could tell after the Blackburn game he was in complete shock and had no clue what to do. Every club had to deal with COVID. I can understand a team performing badly with the circumstances you mentioned, but there's bad, and then there's abysmal, which is what we we're/are. Being completely outplayed by Barrow was possibly the lowest I've ever seen the club. I still think he is one of our worst managers ever. I don't think he's a bad manager by any means but he just never got to grips with Championship football

Well then Wayne!! If you didn’t need a performance to protect your own credibility then you do now after that interview today and the subsequent reports about marginalising McClaren!!

I hope you are correct and we do get a performance tomorrow after your home truths as it will mean we are one step closer to survival which is frankly all I care about right now!!

"Yet recent results and performances have been abysmal, with Rooney’s tactical set-up under scrutiny, and his ability to motivate and organise.

Rooney and his assistant coaches have allegedly marginalised former England manager Steve McClaren in recent weeks, decreasing his influence on team selection and tactical decisions. 

McClaren is the club’s technical director and while Derby insist he is not on the coaching staff, he appears to have been sidelined at a crucial time."

Why you would marginalise the most experienced manager at the club, at a time like this, is absolutely crazy. I can only assume it is out of some dogged sense of pride, or perhaps ignorance, on Rooney's part. He did afterall get a bit spikey earlier in his tenure when asked what impact Steve McClaren was having on the team's upturn in fortunes.

The sooner we get rid of Cocu's Captain and this gang of coahces, a gang that not only got us in this mess in the first place but then managed to somehow wash their hands of all involvement in that mess, the better!

Edited by Nuwtfly

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well then Wayne!! If you didn’t need a performance to protect your own credibility then you do now after that interview today and the subsequent reports about marginalising McClaren!!

I hope you are correct and we do get a performance tomorrow after your home truths as it will mean we are one step closer to survival which is frankly all I care about right now!!

I'm loving the Rooney and Co have marginalised thebest manager we've had in the last 10 years because they know better which has resulted in us improving to dramtica.....oh....poo.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Yet recent results and performances have been abysmal, with Rooney’s tactical set-up under scrutiny, and his ability to motivate and organise.

Rooney and his assistant coaches have allegedly marginalised former England manager Steve McClaren in recent weeks, decreasing his influence on team selection and tactical decisions. 

McClaren is the club’s technical director and while Derby insist he is not on the coaching staff, he appears to have been sidelined at a crucial time."

Why you would marginalise the most experienced manager at the club, at a time like this, is absolutely crazy. I can only assume it is out of some dogged sense of pride, or perhaps ignorance, on Rooney's part. He did afterall get a bit spikey earlier in his tenure when asked what impact Steve McClaren was having on the team's upturn in fortunes.

The sooner we get Cocu's Captain and this gang of coahces, a gang that not only got us in this mess in the first place but then managed to somehow wash their hands of all involvement in that mess, out of this club the better!

Agreed. Just hope we can somehow stay up and then have the root and branch overhaul of the club from top to bottom....

I’m not a McClaren bum licker but I appreciate what he did with us on both occasions. The decision to sideline him seems bizarre especially when our form has been so dire recently. 

Without inside knowledge I’d hazard a guess that Rooney did everything in his powers to stab Cocu in the back (I’m not a Cocu fan either). Bringing Rooney to the club could be Mel’s biggest mistake.

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm loving the Rooney and Co have marginalised thebest manager we've had in the last 10 years because they know better which has resulted in us improving to dramtica.....oh....poo.

Honestly I couldn’t care less if we get a result tomorrow and get what we need to survive. Who knows it could be Rooney’s Redemption ?

But boy he’s set himself up for a fall with that interview today. I’m expecting a performance of the ages now based on that, a performance to rival the Brighton semi!! 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

Top sportsmen undoubtedly need a high level of self-belief, but ideally they should also have self-awareness too. Rooney was a world-class footballer, one of the best of his generation, but he's a complete novice as a manager, on the first rung of his new career ladder. If it's true that he's marginalised McClaren then that, to me, smacks of arrogance. As an assistant Mac has gained promotion to the Premier League (with Derby), and has won the European Cup, Premier League and FA Cup while at Man Utd. As a manager/coach he has won a domestic trophy (with Boro) and a foreign league title (in Holland, with Twente). He's also coached the England team. If Rooney thinks that that's the kind of experience that he can safely ignore, whilst in a desperate attempt to avoid relegation to the third level of English football, then he must have a massively greater belief in his own abilities than a lot of people. Unsurprisingly, things do not sound great behind the scenes at Derby County right now.

12 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

How do you know they haven't? 

How do you know they have?

mainly because they aren’t 5 year old kids that walk around a play ground saying “I’m not talking to Steve anymore-be in my gang....yeah let’s not talk to Steve anymore....”

Are people really that desperate for a story that they believe crap like that.?