Get him gone.

Rev

21 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If you're saying he's completely invented it that in of itself is a statement that you should be able to support i.e., that is not a negative statement casting doubt on the veracity of the story but a positive statement about a journalists actions. That's not the same as saying maybe he's mistaken or there's nothing necessarily in it. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth in it given Rooney's previous comments about being appointed manager and his eagerness to start his post playing career. 

I agree journos always tell the truth, that’s why he said alleged. Maybe true but a long way from fact.  People moaned that WR had undermined Cocu.  Where did this story come from? Mac?  Probably best if we all wind our knecks in and stay together.

Edited by Spanish

Is everyone missing the point that MacLaren has taken Sports Director degrees or something like that in the last few years and therefore taken a new direction in his career. He is not here as a chuffing coach, ex coach, ex manager so stop saying he should take charge of the next 3 games, be the next manager, advise Rooney, take training etc etc. 

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm really sorry, Roy, but I feel like I can't even really engage with you on the topic of Rooney anymore. It's bordering on silly now.

It's like watching a CNN reporter ask Trump's Press Secretary questions at times with you. I don't know why you are so unshakeably loyal to this manager. Is it because you have such an adamant dislike for the previous one? Is it because you feel like you've dug your heels in so hard that you now have no choice other than to stand by your man? 

I don't really understand it but it's becoming difficult to engage with you on this topic, which is a real shame.

On this particular point though, I'll say this: If this was a story in the Daily Star or The Sun or the Daily Fail, I could see your point.

But it's not. It's John Percy. An absolutely credible journalist when it comes to this club.

Are you seriously telling me that now, when he has something negative to say about The Special One, that you suddenly don't believe a word he says?

I am not sure if Roy Mac has taken a blow on the head that he has forgotten about or a fake Roy Mac has taken over his account ? He has gone from a sensible, pragmatic poster, whose comments I really enjoyed reading, to making ridiculous, ill-thought out posts that time after time don’t make any sense or fall apart when scrutinised. I have come to the conclusion that Wazza must be Roy Mac’s secret love child....it is the only feasible explanation ?

1 minute ago, ScamRam said:

Is everyone missing the point that MacLaren has taken Sports Director degrees or something like that in the last few years and therefore taken a new direction in his career. He is not here as a chuffing coach, ex coach, ex manager so stop saying he should take charge of the next 3 games, be the next manager, advise Rooney, take training etc etc. 

Well it might help...

10 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Something about this has really irked me. Imagine being so prideful, so arrogant, so big headed that you literally ignore any advice from the most experienced man you have supporting you. All just because you’re self conscious that the success of the team isn’t being considered 100% your success. That has to be it, right? That thread on here a few months back questioned whether this was Rooney’s team or McClaren’s. I think now we know the answer to that question. 

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before with his bad luck with injuries, but now I realise Rooney doesn’t give two tosses about Derby. He’s milking the club for his own gain, and he knows he’s protected too, the club can’t sack him either. Say what you want about Cocu but at least he wasn’t arrogant or unlikeable. Tactically inept, sure, but as other people are saying I imagine Rooney didn’t have any respect for him whatsoever because he thought himself as ‘top dog’. I mean, the media coined us ‘Rooney’s Derby’, but unlike Lampard he wasn’t even the manager yet. I imagine that ever since Rooney’s arrival he’s had a much greater influence over the club than Cocu ever did, and the more he’s gained control the more the club has gone downhill. 

The story is ‘allegedly’ bs 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

I am not sure if Roy Mac has taken a blow on the head that he has forgotten about or a fake Roy Mac has taken over his account ? He has gone from a sensible, pragmatic poster, whose comments I really enjoyed reading, to making ridiculous, ill-thought out posts that time after time don’t make any sense or fall apart when scrutinised. I have come to the conclusion that Wazza must be Roy Mac’s secret love child....it is the only feasible explanation ?

Yeah thanks, I'm happy that you think that.

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I agree journos always tell the truth, that’s why he said alleged. Maybe true but a long way from fact.  People moaned that WR had undermined Cocu.  Where did this story come from? Mac?  Probably best if we all wind our knocks in and stay together.

Where did I say journos always tell the truth? I was merely outlining the simple premise that if you accuse someone of fabricating a story that's both different from merely pouring cold water on the idea and it's something then you should be able to have some evidence for.  Obviously that's asking too much from some but there you go- the story isn't ideal no and not helpful during a time we're on the eve of one of the biggest games we've faced in the past 10 years but that's life especially at Derby county it seems.

Edited by Leeds Ram

To be honest allegedly is a great word to use when you then don't ever have to declare a source. Got far bigger things to worry about at the club than another allegation without anything supporting it. 

More important that the players and management  focus on getting the job done tomorrow because I'm pretty sure if they don't that would have been last chance saloon.

6 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Well Cocu had a lot of bad luck, no preseason and weren’t we doing OK until COVID hit? Especially since we lost some key players from the year before. I think with fans we would be performing better regardless but compare squads over the last 3 years and they have gradually weakened

every club is saying that

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If a comment as woolly as:

"Rooney and his assistant coaches have allegedly marginalised former England manager Steve McClaren in recent weeks, decreasing his influence on team selection and tactical decisions. "

is enough to convince you then go ahead. ? I've read more indepth journalism on BarryTheRam's tweets! ? I wouldn't be surprised if Mac just wants to do HIS job. 

Do you honestly think that, Roy? 

John Percy is widely regarded to be the most reliable journalist for us in recent years. Yet now, when he has something negative to say about Wayne Rooney's managerial situation, he's suddenly "wooly" and comparable to BarryTheRam?

I appreciate that you really like Wayne Rooney for whatever reason, but you're willing to now turn John Percy into Fake News for him?

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I'm still half convinced Wayne has taken over the account tbh. 

Mel’s best course of action is letting things play out.

With his recent managerial picks and recent choices for new ownership in mind, it is fair to say confidence in his decision making is probably the lowest it has ever been. So no decision is probably a good decision.

Changing the manager’s position at this stage of the season is a no-win situation. Whatever happens, Mel is going to emerge with little to no credit.

He gave Rooney a 2.5 year contract just three months ago. 

As much as I want to see Rooney go and as bad as we have been in recent months, Mel shouldn’t react so swiftly.

He should give him the final three games of the season, stand by his decision, and let fate take hold.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

John Percy is widely regarded to be the most reliable journalist for us in recent years. Yet now, when he has something negative to say about Wayne Rooney's managerial situation, he's suddenly "wooly" and comparable to BarryTheRam?

I appreciate that you really like Wayne Rooney for whatever reason, but you're willing to now turn John Percy into Fake News for him?

Blood is thicker than water....

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Where did I say journos always tell the truth? I was merely outlining the simple premise that if you accuse someone of fabricating a story that's both different from merely pouring cold water on the idea and it's something then you should be able to have some evidence for.  Obviously that's asking too much from some but there you go- the story isn't ideal no and not helpful during a time we're on the eve of one of the biggest games we've faced in the past 10 years but that's life especially at Derby county it seems.

Ok let’s just walk away, some on here he want to believe the will jump on this as fact

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Percy hasn't always got things right. What about him quoting the standard line on Keogh or the EFL appeal? They have been pooh-poohed on here. Keogh isn't entitled to £2m and the EFL appeal would be a fine. All the spouting of the fake Sheik stuff made him look a bit silly.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Whys that Spanish, other than some posters not believing it??

We have no evidence either way other than it coming from Percy who is generally one of the more accurate and respected journos who comment on our club.

Just felt in needed a balance, I don’t know the truth of this but who does?