Get him gone.

Rev

42 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Yet recent results and performances have been abysmal, with Rooney’s tactical set-up under scrutiny, and his ability to motivate and organise.

Rooney and his assistant coaches have allegedly marginalised former England manager Steve McClaren in recent weeks, decreasing his influence on team selection and tactical decisions. 

McClaren is the club’s technical director and while Derby insist he is not on the coaching staff, he appears to have been sidelined at a crucial time."

Why you would marginalise the most experienced manager at the club, at a time like this, is absolutely crazy. I can only assume it is out of some dogged sense of pride, or perhaps ignorance, on Rooney's part. He did afterall get a bit spikey earlier in his tenure when asked what impact Steve McClaren was having on the team's upturn in fortunes.

The sooner we get rid of Cocu's Captain and this gang of coahces, a gang that not only got us in this mess in the first place but then managed to somehow wash their hands of all involvement in that mess, the better!

It's honestly truly mind boggling that we are paying McClaren and not having him involved in anyway with coaching. Say what you want about him but by all accounts McClaren is a top class coach. Then to compound it we are currently thin on the ground with coaching in both numbers, experience and quality. 

It's like buying a fire extinguisher for decoration and not using it when your house sets on fire.

55 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Yet recent results and performances have been abysmal, with Rooney’s tactical set-up under scrutiny, and his ability to motivate and organise.

Rooney and his assistant coaches have allegedly marginalised former England manager Steve McClaren in recent weeks, decreasing his influence on team selection and tactical decisions. 

McClaren is the club’s technical director and while Derby insist he is not on the coaching staff, he appears to have been sidelined at a crucial time."

Why you would marginalise the most experienced manager at the club, at a time like this, is absolutely crazy. I can only assume it is out of some dogged sense of pride, or perhaps ignorance, on Rooney's part. He did afterall get a bit spikey earlier in his tenure when asked what impact Steve McClaren was having on the team's upturn in fortunes.

The sooner we get rid of Cocu's Captain and this gang of coahces, a gang that not only got us in this mess in the first place but then managed to somehow wash their hands of all involvement in that mess, the better!

Do you guys believe everything on Twitter?

56 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm loving the Rooney and Co have marginalised thebest manager we've had in the last 10 years because they know better which has resulted in us improving to dramtica.....oh....poo.

Have you really swallowed this without considering it may be bait 

17 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

How do you know they have?

mainly because they aren’t 5 year old kids that walk around a play ground saying “I’m not talking to Steve anymore-be in my gang....yeah let’s not talk to Steve anymore....”

Are people really that desperate for a story that they believe crap like that.?

I'll be honest I made the same assessment re Mac being sidelined weeks ago after waynes comment about "if they wanted Steve as manager they would have asked him,not me"........from that point on,any trace of Macs type of influence in our style of play rapidly disappeared as did our wins.

I suspect that after a run of decent results,Rooney began to believe his own hype and sacked Macs advice off.

So..I'm hardly surprised if others draw the same conclusions, rightly or wrongly.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

12 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

How do you know they have?

mainly because they aren’t 5 year old kids that walk around a play ground saying “I’m not talking to Steve anymore-be in my gang....yeah let’s not talk to Steve anymore....”

Are people really that desperate for a story that they believe crap like that.?

I don't and I'm not claiming they definitely have but if you're saying it's a fabrication then you should be in a position to back it up. It strikes me as speculative but perfectly in the bounds of possibility. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't and I'm not claiming they definitely have but if you're saying it's a fabrication then you should be in a position to back it up. It strikes me as speculative but perfectly in the bounds of possibility. 

Why does anybody have to prove an unsupported allegation is false?

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It's John Percy, not TransferHub69

Yeah cos he got all the Sheik stuff right. Read the whole article and see if there are any quotes from any but Rooney.

"Richard Keogh’s bitter legal row over his sacking in October 2019 has still not been resolved, and the former captain could be entitled to £2m in damages if he wins at an employment tribunal."

"Derby have denied the charge yet could face serious punishment if found guilty, which could include the docking of points."

Lots of the same throughout.

Edited by RoyMac5

12 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Why does anybody have to prove an unsupported allegation is false?

If you're saying he's completely invented it that in of itself is a statement that you should be able to support i.e., that is not a negative statement casting doubt on the veracity of the story but a positive statement about a journalists actions. That's not the same as saying maybe he's mistaken or there's nothing necessarily in it. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth in it given Rooney's previous comments about being appointed manager and his eagerness to start his post playing career. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah cos he got all the Sheik stuff right. Read the whole article and see if there are any quotes from any but Rooney.

"Richard Keogh’s bitter legal row over his sacking in October 2019 has still not been resolved, and the former captain could be entitled to £2m in damages if he wins at an employment tribunal."

"Derby have denied the charge yet could face serious punishment if found guilty, which could include the docking of points."

Lots of the same throughout.

I'm really sorry, Roy, but I feel like I can't even really engage with you on the topic of Rooney anymore. It's bordering on silly now.

It's like watching a CNN reporter ask Trump's Press Secretary questions at times with you. I don't know why you are so unshakeably loyal to this manager. Is it because you have such an adamant dislike for the previous one? Is it because you feel like you've dug your heels in so hard that you now have no choice other than to stand by your man? 

I don't really understand it but it's becoming difficult to engage with you on this topic, which is a real shame.

On this particular point though, I'll say this: If this was a story in the Daily Star or The Sun or the Daily Fail, I could see your point.

But it's not. It's John Percy. An absolutely credible journalist when it comes to this club.

Are you seriously telling me that now, when he has something negative to say about The Special One, that you suddenly don't believe a word he says?

Even with just nine points to play for Mac is one of the few folk who sound convincing when they say it is achievable.

We are on course for, at best, three of those points and at the mercy of a team with access to (an albeit unlikely) fifteen.

Stick with the rudderless management and we will definitely be playing League one football next season.

Listen to Schteve NOW!

We'll need someone like him come August no matter what!

Something about this has really irked me. Imagine being so prideful, so arrogant, so big headed that you literally ignore any advice from the most experienced man you have supporting you. All just because you’re self conscious that the success of the team isn’t being considered 100% your success. That has to be it, right? That thread on here a few months back questioned whether this was Rooney’s team or McClaren’s. I think now we know the answer to that question. 

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before with his bad luck with injuries, but now I realise Rooney doesn’t give two tosses about Derby. He’s milking the club for his own gain, and he knows he’s protected too, the club can’t sack him either. Say what you want about Cocu but at least he wasn’t arrogant or unlikeable. Tactically inept, sure, but as other people are saying I imagine Rooney didn’t have any respect for him whatsoever because he thought himself as ‘top dog’. I mean, the media coined us ‘Rooney’s Derby’, but unlike Lampard he wasn’t even the manager yet. I imagine that ever since Rooney’s arrival he’s had a much greater influence over the club than Cocu ever did, and the more he’s gained control the more the club has gone downhill. 

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

But it's not. It's John Percy. An absolutely credible journalist when it comes to this club.

Are you seriously telling me that now, when he has something negative to say about The Special One, that you suddenly don't believe a word he says?

If a comment as woolly as:

"Rooney and his assistant coaches have allegedly marginalised former England manager Steve McClaren in recent weeks, decreasing his influence on team selection and tactical decisions. "

is enough to convince you then go ahead. ? I've read more indepth journalism on BarryTheRam's tweets! ? I wouldn't be surprised if Mac just wants to do HIS job.