Frank Lampard

Day

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I've just had a conversation with a mate about this, who mentioned he should've stayed with Derby. I massively disagree, it's not a problem with Chelsea, it's a football issue. He would've absolutely been sacked as Derby manager at some point and received a much lesser pay off. He will get a new job now and inevitably get sacked from that - it happens. 

The last five seasons, between all the English league clubs, there have been: 52, 60, 67, 63 and 74 sackings. 52 being an outlier due to Covid. We can consider roughly half the clubs in the English professional leagues will sack their manager each season. I find that absolutely barmy. I used to find it intriguing, but now I just find it boring.  

I don't think money is remotely an issue for him!

I would agree with you but the Chelsea job becomes available so often, why not prove yourself first. As he hadn't proven anything and certainly has time on his side.

5 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I don't think money is remotely an issue for him!

I would agree with you but the Chelsea job becomes available so often, why not prove yourself first. As he hadn't proven anything and certainly has time on his side.

He has just done that, for everyone to see he has proven himself to be a rubbish football manager. Nice one fat boy.  

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

If he thinks Abraham and Werner are the front line that Chelsea need then he is probably getting what he deserves. I don't wish him any ill but that Chelsea side is simply not good enough for the supporters to tolerate. Tough at the top and all that but still.

Always thought he went there too soon in his managerial career. Not only was he short of the nous to seriously compete with Pep & Klopp, If it did go awry for him, his dream job is out the window at an early age and anywhere else he might go will be a personal step down for him. (In my opinion, don’t want the forum pedants thinking this is fact ?)

Wonder if his mates will be as quick to post the Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now vid ? 

i will say again , if he had stayed at Derby he probably got us promoted and his cv would have looked alot better than it does now. 

this talk about it was a job in a life time and he could not turn it down is bullsh@t, the chelsea job comes around every 2-3 years.

yes it was a great season under frank imo as all fans to mel were as 1. i did 35 games that season flying over as i too was enjoying the the Lampard's Derby euphoria  so no sympathy from me 

18 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

i will say again , if he had stayed at Derby he probably got us promoted and his cv would have looked alot better than it does now. 

this talk about it was a job in a life time and he could not turn it down is bullsh@t, the chelsea job comes around every 2-3 years.

yes it was a great season under frank imo as all fans to mel were as 1. i did 35 games that season flying over as i too was enjoying the the Lampard's Derby euphoria  so no sympathy from me 

Whilst it was a very good season under Lampard he did make mistakes. His changes in team selection  were sometimes hard to understand. If he had been wiser he might have stayed and achieved something before moving on to his dream job. It was always going to be a high risk move given Chelsea's recent history. He's too intelligent not to have understood this so  that moderates any sympathy from me. However, given what they did at Derby Lampard/Morris won't have too much trouble getting another job.

I’m a big Frank fan however I had zero time for him leaving and for how Chelsea behaved during it all. 

Derby don’t have much luck at all. In any other season had Chelsea not been in an embargo I very much doubt they’d have gone for Frank. We can only speculate whether Frank would have got us up or not. 

As it stands we have far bigger fish to fry than what Frank does with himself now. Shame all round with the only real unconcerned party being Chelsea.

Feel sorry for Lamps as I don’t believe all the signings were his. Chelsea are a club known for managers not always having a say in transfers. Plus it’s not easy to integrate so many players at once.

From a Derby point of view he left us in a bit of a mess. He was presented with Clarke and Bielik before he left, but due to his flirting with Chelsea we missed out on Clarke on a permanent and a cheaper deal for Bielik.

A bit of poetic justice all round, between him and Chelsea, they royally screwed us over with the protracted move 18 months ago. No respect was paid to Derby whatsoever, we didn't even receive any help in the loan department afterwards.

He needed to serve a decent apprenticeship before taking on a job like that, not one lucky season with Derby made to look better because of a large number of worldy goals from Wilson.

He should have built something at Derby and given himself a better shot at Chelsea a couple of years down the line. Lets face it, chelsea never hang on to a manager for very long. Now, his reputation is tarnished and he will find it difficult to get another club.

Chelsea, in the meantime have wasted a couple of hundred million quid in the transfer market and ruined the reputation of  one of their 'greats'.