Frank Lampard

Day

Poor old Frank, don’t blame him for going to Chelsea (should have sorted it our quicker) but looks like he’ll get dumped. Don’t understand resentment towards him, regardless of how he left he gave us one of the better years we’ve had this millennium. I had time that year to go to plenty of games and some of the away days were brilliant. Also, he left us for a Champions League job...not Championship Stoke.

Might be good news for Tomori though, fallen out of favour with Frank despite the majority of fans thinking he’s one of their better CB’s. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back into the picture and get playing time if he gets the sack.

Not sure what Lampard would do next. Is a PL team really giving him a job, would he go back to the championship or is he going to pack it all in?

55 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Poor old Frank, don’t blame him for going to Chelsea (should have sorted it our quicker) but looks like he’ll get dumped. Don’t understand resentment towards him, regardless of how he left he gave us one of the better years we’ve had this millennium. I had time that year to go to plenty of games and some of the away days were brilliant. Also, he left us for a Champions League job...not Championship Stoke.

Might be good news for Tomori though, fallen out of favour with Frank despite the majority of fans thinking he’s one of their better CB’s. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back into the picture and get playing time if he gets the sack.

Not sure what Lampard would do next. Is a PL team really giving him a job, would he go back to the championship or is he going to pack it all in?

I don't feel any resentment towards him. I just like engaging in the pantomime.

2 hours ago, David said:

Southgate will leave England in the summer after the Euros, Lampard will take over. 

Called this when he went there, the timing is lining up perfectly 

Why would Southgate leave? God knows how he blagged the job in the first place and by what criteria he was selected! He’s never gonna walk away from that. 

14 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why would Southgate leave? God knows how he blagged the job in the first place and by what criteria he was selected! He’s never gonna walk away from that. 

Either we have a poor tournament, the FA say look we’re going to sack you but we’d like to give you the offer to go mutually.

Or we have a decent tournament, feels like he’s taken us as far as he can and decides to get out whilst his stock is high for a chance of a job back in club football.

Only has a year left on his contract now.

2 hours ago, David said:

Either we have a poor tournament, the FA say look we’re going to sack you but we’d like to give you the offer to go mutually.

Or we have a decent tournament, feels like he’s taken us as far as he can and decides to get out whilst his stock is high for a chance of a job back in club football.

Only has a year left on his contract now.

I fear if we have a decent tournament (aka a lucky draw so we don't have to play anyone decent), there will be a contract extension. 

It's a real gravy train.... 

On 29/12/2020 at 09:25, RamNut said:

What a horrible thread.

just shows up various fans as pathetic twonks

i’d have Lampard and Morris back tomorrow.

I loved having them here, but they really shafted us at the end. Frank was bound to be offered the Chelsea job at many points throughout his managerial career but he chose to go at the very first opportunity, when he would have know he wasn't ready, leaving us in the lurch. Not having the experience of a second season at Derby to draw on, he's struggling to do that at Chelsea and will likely be sacked. He should have finishing the job at Derby first. It was very disappointing when they jumped ship and haven't looked back in our direction since.

I am intrigued by the Lampard/Rooney contrast. It remains to be seen if Rooney works out any better, but I like how the players are working so hard.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Where is he going to go when "his club" sack him...? (leaving out the fact that he played over 200 games for other clubs)

Cant wait to see the barrow boy on Sky on a Sunday afternoon with his cousin Jamie trying to out do each other in clichés and ill fitting suits.

Last nights opponents.  There form has slipped a lot and uncle Harrys round the corner to have a word.  Bit of bunce to top up the old offshore. Jobs a good un.  After that Barnet.