Frank Lampard

Day

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

What a horrible thread.

just shows up various fans as pathetic twonks

i’d have Lampard and Morris back tomorrow.

Jody Morris is the coaching brains and whilst there's no denying the feel-good effect that Frank brought for the season, there is little evidence yet that he can build a successful side. I have written elsewhere that his legacy with us is one of poor permanent signings that have collectively lost us a shed-load of money we probably didn't have and I suspect Frank knew he'd be in for a tough second season so was breathing a huge sigh of relief when Roman came knocking.

The whole season looks more and more like a big poo or bust gamble by Mel that didn't work out and although I quite enjoyed Franks eloquence and smart pointy shoes, I would prefer to leave it as a page in our history.

The pressure certainly is mounting in the media today.

Personally I'd give him time to grow into the job, especially this season as everyone is dropping points. 

He did great last season with the kids under a transfer ban and quite often foreign imports can take a season to settle before they hit their best form - but then I have always been one for giving managers time *and* this is Chelsea, so he'll probably be gone soon!

Frank's signed some top players but he hasn't changed his system at all to suit. Bought in Werner I'm guessing as a number 9 striker yet he's not going to hold the ball up. He doesnt know where to play Havertz either. You'd think he learnt his lesson from when he was manager with us about not changing the system to suit the players.

Funny how Giroud has played well again as the lone striker. Tactically Frank is still pretty poor, great at motivating and spotting talented players (apart from Flo Jo). Think he might have bit more than he can chew with this job.

9 hours ago, TimRam said:

If he wins no silverware and finishes out of top 3 he will be pushed I think, such is the fickle world of the Premier league.

Fickle...? He has chucked over 200 million at an already decent Chelsea squad.... of course he should be sacked. They should be aiming to win the title this year but they are miles away from It. 

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Fickle...? He has chucked over 200 million at an already decent Chelsea squad.... of course he should be sacked. They should be aiming to win the title this year but they are miles away from It. 

Should have spent some of that £200 mill on a day nav?

13 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Flippin 'eck did not realise that. Should be made to walk the plank!

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Im in no way defending or supporting him, but just realised, £200m is a lot of money! However he spent that on just FOUR players! Havertz, Werner, Chillwell and The Keeper! Jeez! 

Yep, im not sure if that makes it better or worse...? ha ha