Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

Another example and theme , where football is heading for a massive fall, amongst others.

In not protecting the nurturing club - and big boys swoop - nom nom thanks very much.

The whole footballing structure IMO needs a whole massive shake up. And a levelling to sort out its heritage, protection of grass roots and get fans back on side. Real Fans.

Good luck to the lad. 

it’s the system and the greed shagging it all up 

Good luck to the guy - but it's also just as likely he'll sink into football obscurity. Equally I think Wayne played a master stroke by bringing him into the first team and putting him in the shop window. It was clear he wasn't going to sign his contract - which had been on the table for several weeks, so he went to the highest bidder. As I said good luck to him, but the grass isn't always greener elsewhere is it....

58 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Good luck to the guy - but it's also just as likely he'll sink into football obscurity. Equally I think Wayne played a master stroke by bringing him into the first team and putting him in the shop window. It was clear he wasn't going to sign his contract - which had been on the table for several weeks, so he went to the highest bidder. As I said good luck to him, but the grass isn't always greener elsewhere is it....

Not a dig at you, but I don't understand the highest bidder argument. Yes, the selling club will obviously go for the highest bidder, but if the player prefers another club surely he will refuse to sign for the other team. In this case for example Liverpool may have offered more money, but if say Aston Villa or Leicester wanted him as well, were offering him the same terms, and was much nearer and easier to commute to, why wouldn't he prefer one of them.
 Leicester in this example, although not the same level as Liverpool as a club, are recent champions and are going very well this year. He might even have more possibilities of game time. So he gets the same financial package, his travelling is less, and possible match time. Derby get less money. What can they do about it? He's not contracted, so Derby can't refuse to "sell". The best they could hope for is a decent offer of compensation or a tribunal.
 Didn't Hulse refuse a move because it wasn't to his liking? Why should he move to a club, and therefore area, that he doesn't fancy? I know I wouldn't.

I wonder who advises him..family or agent?

Never get this type of move so young wont get anywhere near the Liverpool 1st team in years if ever..surely would have made ours much faster. This smacks of a pound signs move..its a shame these youngsters aren't given the time to develop and mature before they make big club moves.

Hope he makes it and fulfills his potential and doesn't end up as another Bostock.

3 hours ago, Yani P said:

I wonder who advises him..family or agent?

Never get this type of move so young wont get anywhere near the Liverpool 1st team in years if ever..surely would have made ours much faster. This smacks of a pound signs move..its a shame these youngsters aren't given the time to develop and mature before they make big club moves.

Hope he makes it and fulfills his potential and doesn't end up as another Bostock.

If a player is good enough, then they wait for the second time that a club comes in for them, because they will. The lad could have stayed here for another 2 seasons and potentially bagged 50+ appearances. He benefits and so do we. £10m to us is a substantial amount of money. To Liverpool it's next to nothing. Wrong decision. This is the second time this has happened in the last year. The club needs to prevent it from happening again. 

Then again, they shipped Whiticker out like it was nothing. Our outgoings for as long as I remember have been shambolic. There's only a few exceptions. 

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

If a player is good enough, then they wait for the second time that a club comes in for them, because they will. The lad could have stayed here for another 2 seasons and potentially bagged 50+ appearances. He benefits and so do we. £10m to us is a substantial amount of money. To Liverpool it's next to nothing. Wrong decision. This is the second time this has happened in the last year. The club needs to prevent it from happening again. 

Then again, they shipped Whiticker out like it was nothing. Our outgoings for as long as I remember have been shambolic. There's only a few exceptions. 

There are 2 ways to prevent it:

1. Becoming one of the giants of the English game and so making us as attractive a proposition as Liverpool, Man Utd etc.

2. Having only dreck in our academy, so nobody else wants them.

2 hours ago, Uptherams said:

10 millions? I’ve not kept up,with this thread tbh

16 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Wrong decision for who? Whittaker stayed and signed a pro and Derby shipped him out a year into a 3year contract. Nobody seems to be questioning Derbys loyalty but have been slating a 16year old for having no loyalty ?‍♀️