Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

I find it a little difficult to believe that he hasn’t got an agent. The murky world of academy football and under the table offers to children and their families starts well before the age of 16. Transfer values are attached and agents ‘advise’, even those whose chances of making it are slim. Internal politics and favourites exist whilst offers are made to circumnavigate rules about distances from training grounds. Money talks. It is all about commodities and risk for bigger clubs, like Man City for example. What to do for the best must be extremely hard for the children and their families. 

22 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Here's a bit of fun.

Go back to the league tables of when you were 16 and see whether you, as a 16-year-old, would have moved from the club 4th from bottom of the 2nd tier to the team 4th in the top tier.

I'm still mulling over whether I would have moved from Grimsby Town to Spurs in 1983.

Dear Andy

Have you made your mind up yet? Time’s moving on

best wishes 

Jose

3 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I find it a little difficult to believe that he hasn’t got an agent. The murky world of academy football and under the table offers to children and their families starts well before the age of 16. Transfer values are attached and agents ‘advise’, even those whose chances of making it are slim. Internal politics and favourites exist whilst offers are made to circumnavigate rules about distances from training grounds. Money talks. It is all about commodities and risk for bigger clubs, like Man City for example. What to do for the best must be extremely hard for the children and their families. 

It is very murky!

Gutted that he’s on his way to Liverpool but if he goes on the have a decent future with them then at least we can say that our scouts can find a young player and our academy can bring them on. 

1 hour ago, seths-cap said:

Gutted that he’s on his way to Liverpool but if he goes on the have a decent future with them then at least we can say that our scouts can find a young player and our academy can bring them on. 

Was his talent obvious at that point , or did we originally bring him in due to bringing his brother in ? (Genuinely dont know)

36 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Was his talent obvious at that point , or did we originally bring him in due to bringing his brother in ? (Genuinely dont know)

Dunno to be honest with you. Maybe it’s the other way round, we brought his brother in to bring him in.