Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

It's obviously a very divisive subject. Does loyalty exist in the "normal" world of UK employment? If it did then by logic recruiters wouldn't exist neither would job boards. Or people moving jobs would be only doing so as they are totally disinfranchised with their current employer. 

Has anyone on here ever moved employers for a better role which their current employer were unable to provide? Am sure so. Does that mean that you were being disloyal to your previous employer?

A lot of companies now have clauses written into contracts stipulating that training course fees need to be repaid over a sliding scale period if the person leaves before an alloted time after undertaking that training course provided at the companies expense.

Not sure how you would even calculate that up or indeed be allowed to apply it for a trainee footballer. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's obviously a very divisive subject. Does loyalty exist in the "normal" world of UK employment? If it did then by logic recruiters wouldn't exist neither would job boards. Or people moving jobs would be only doing so as they are totally disinfranchised with their current employer. 

Has anyone on here ever moved employers for a better role which their current employer were unable to provide? Am sure so. Does that mean that you were being disloyal to your previous employer?

A lot of companies now have clauses written into contracts stipulating that training course fees need to be repaid over a sliding scale period if the person leaves before an alloted time after undertaking that training course provided at the companies expense.

Not sure how you would even calculate that up or indeed be allowed to apply it for a trainee footballer. 

The idea of any employee being loyal to an employer baffles me.

Employers will be loyal to employees for as long as they are useful to them. I see no reason for employees to treat employers any differently. 

Maybe it's just my line of work, but it's cutthroat stuff at times (which can also be said for football). I will never criticise a footballer for looking after themselves in the same way I've tried to look after myself in my career. 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The idea of any employee being loyal to an employer baffles me.

Employers will be loyal to employees for as long as they are useful to them. I see no reason for employees to treat employers any differently. 

Maybe it's just my line of work, but it's cutthroat stuff at times (which can also be said for football). I will never criticise a footballer for looking after themselves in the same way I've tried to look after myself in my career. 

Yes I would never criticise anyone for trying to further their career or better themselves.

Am sure it was Richard Branson or someone similar who esposes that staff are less likely to leave if you invest in them. In my personal experience a lot of companies won't do that now and the buzz words are hitting the ground running or showing personal initiative or whatever the phrase is. There are some notable exceptions to this in my line of work so not saying that is a total truism. 

He’s a young lad who might just make the most money in one go that he will ever see if his career doesn’t pan out. He’s 16. He’s not a Derby fan. 
How many of us at that age could honestly say we wouldn’t jump at the chance at a massive pay off, just for moving clubs. 

Sometimes fans have an absolute skewed view of life. 

I run my own company that I’ve built from the ground up. My wife is my business partner and we are now quite successful and growing. I couldn’t be more invested in the company I work for and love being my own boss. I consider myself as a very loyal type.
However, even I had my head turned when I was head hunted by a national company and was really tempted to join them and in part it was the pay incentive, the ‘national’ aspect etc. In the end I decided to stay and continue to grow my own company, but it was a massive decision for me. 

And some of us are expecting a 16 year old with no other investment in the club than a year or so of training to NOT be enticed by a big pay day and ‘national’ pull. 

16 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Here's a bit of fun.

Go back to the league tables of when you were 16 and see whether you, as a 16-year-old, would have moved from the club 4th from bottom of the 2nd tier to the team 4th in the top tier.

I'm still mulling over whether I would have moved from Grimsby Town to Spurs in 1983.

I know a better game - lets ask a 16 year old without an agent in his ear thinking about his/her commission when the deal gets done.

IMO, anybody still at school should never have a decision made by money and a decision should be solely based on the development of that child. Even his mum said yesterday he was being paid 4x what Derby offered. This lads decision isn't based on football matters, only financial gain. 

When Kaide walked into Moor Farm when he was 6/7/8 whatever age he came through, Derby was the right move for him. Why isn't it now? Money, money, money. And again, his mum said last night, look at the training facilities of Liverpool compared to Derby. So disrespectful to say that because those facilities have got him to where he is now during the last 10 years. 

Enjoy the limelight for the next few months/years and hopefully you've made the right decision for your son. 

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I know a better game - lets ask a 16 year old without an agent in his ear thinking about his/her commission when the deal gets done.

IMO, anybody still at school should never have a decision made by money and a decision should be solely based on the development of that child. Even his mum said yesterday he was being paid 4x what Derby offered. This lads decision isn't based on football matters, only financial gain. 

When Kaide walked into Moor Farm when he was 6/7/8 whatever age he came through, Derby was the right move for him. Why isn't it now? Money, money, money. And again, his mum said last night, look at the training facilities of Liverpool compared to Derby. So disrespectful to say that because those facilities have got him to where he is now during the last 10 years. 

Enjoy the limelight for the next few months/years and hopefully you've made the right decision for your son. 

Ok. Ask a 16-year-old without an agent whether they'd move to Liverpool. Go on.

Imagine being branded "ill advised" when he'll have the chance to play for Liverpool, in the Champions League and a better chance to play for England. The chance to pay off his mortgage, his mums mortgage and still have enough to waste on 28 average sports cars of his choice by the end of his first pro deal. 

Or stay at Derby where wages don't get paid on time and you may end up in League One. 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

35 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I understand it wasn't Kaide's mum posting - she's the parent of another young player.

48 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I’m not Kaide’s mum.

Your local club is always the right move when you’re 7, that’s who you’re you’re going to get scouted for usually but that doesn’t mean that its the right choice 8 years down the line. Nobody knows which club he will develop better at. Derby have done what is right for them and will be making far more than he ‘owes them’ for the training that he’s had.

And i don’t think he’s got an agent!

You’re entitled to your opinion but to say that the decision is just based on money when you don’t know anything about it is wrong.

20 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I understand it wasn't Kaide's mum posting - she's the parent of another young player.

Is she part of the recruitment team ? . In all seriousness, I enjoy posts from someone who has good knowledge of the academy and is truthful with the information provided, keep contributing FM2017.

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Here's a bit of fun.

Go back to the league tables of when you were 16 and see whether you, as a 16-year-old, would have moved from the club 4th from bottom of the 2nd tier to the team 4th in the top tier.

I'm still mulling over whether I would have moved from Grimsby Town to Spurs in 1983.

Mine was a few points off choosing between Forest and Leeds, which would have been a harder choice than Rotherham or Newcastle, which is what I got.

Must be a difficult decision for young players and their families to make, especially if they are struggling financially in the first place.

4x salary is a big upgrade for anyone and if you really are that good, you could be playing for one if the top teams in the country within a couple of years.

But it also possibly means uprooting your family or having to do loads of travelling. You know your chances of getting into the first team at Derby are much higher/have already happened. You might even score a few goals this season and get a proper good contract, with either us or a bigger club who buys you.

What sort of money are kids on when they sign pro terms?

Edited by ariotofmyown

21 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Here's a bit of fun.

I'd have been leaving Crystal Palace to go to Leeds

Easiest decision to stay ever

17 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Must be a difficult decision for young players and their families to make, especially if they are struggling financially in the first place.

4x salary is a big upgrade for anyone and if you really are that good, you could be playing for one if the top teams in the country within a couple of years.

But it also possibly means uprooting your family or having to do loads of travelling. You know your chances of getting into the first team at Derby are much higher/have already happened. You might even score a few goals this season and get a proper good contract, with either us or a bigger club who buys you.

What sort of money are kids on when they sign pro terms?

I thought this, I’m pretty sure Whittaker and sibley etc were on £1k per week. When I saw 4x money I thought surely we could match that. Maybe fa should bring in wage caps for players that can’t sign pro terms to avoid money becoming a factor in young lads moves which it really shouldn’t be. 
Kaide needs to decide whether he is good enough to break in to Liverpool’s team, or whether can break into Derby’s team get the experience of men’s football and move on. 
It I was in the same position as Delap last year I’d have gone. However Kaide seemed on the verge of making it in to the first team by the way Rooney was talking so I’d have thought I’ll make it here and go somewhere for a big fee and go straight in to a bigger first team in the prem etc in a couple of years time. 
Of course it would be very rare for kaide and his mum to work that out. They’ll have been shown around Liverpool and a big figure put in front of them probably met some first team players and it would be mind made. 
I actually think if he has a decent agent he’d be telling him to make it pro and then go for a big move later on. (agent will then get a bigger fee)