Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

1 hour ago, Footymum2017 said:

All scholars get paid from the age of 16 when they start their 2year contract, Liverpool pay approx 4 times what Derby do, although he will only get that for a few months until he’s 17 and signs a pro, which again will be considerably more than Derby’s. Money isn’t the be all and end all though, the coaching and facilities are far better also. Don’t forget Derby could be in league one next season!

Fair play to you for showing loyalty to your employers and turning down better offers, not something that most people would do.

Liverpool FC Academy are rated as a Category One 

Derby County's academy has been awarded category one 

7 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

It’s for the academy aswell.

It's not.  The academy is a lot older than ours built in 1998. The head coach there is Marc Bridge-Wilkinson who played for us at the start of his career and then played many years at Port Vale, before coaching at Huddersfield, so I'm not seeing a marked improvement in coaching either. It's for the first team with some facilities for u23's who they expect to move to the first team soon.   But there you go. No point arguing with you.  I'll leave you to your opinion on it.

31 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

I know, Liverpool have just spent £50 million on a new training ground! Not all Cat 1s are the same.

As you know so much about this I’m guessing you’re his mum? ?‍♂️

for his sake I truly hope he succeeds as being so young he could get swallowed up or be the next Stevie G. 

My money would be on him going to a German team in 3 or 4 years for 5 times what we are getting for him...

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It's not.  The academy is a lot older than ours built in 1998. The head coach there is Marc Bridge-Wilkinson who played for us at the start of his career and then played many years at Port Vale, before coaching at Huddersfield, so I'm not seeing a marked improvement in coaching either. It's for the first team with some facilities for u23's who they expect to move to the first team soon.   But there you go. No point arguing with you.  I'll leave you to your opinion on it.

My mistake I was going on what was said on the website. 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/axa-training-centre/416188-watch-documentary-a-new-beginning-building-the-axa-training-centre

Are you saying that somebody can’t be a good coach if they played for Derby! Not sure who Derbys 18s have got as a coach at the moment, the academy has lost a lot of coaches in the last 2-3 years many of those haven’t been replaced.

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The new centre is for the first team and academy.

What Kaide will miss is the chance to be around a first team at such a young age. The things you can learn at that age are immense. I understand people who say hes going to Liverpool and all that. But theres a part of his football career here that he wont get back. Liverpool will be a club that will always buy the best. Its up to him. Dont wanna come across as downplaying the move but i think hed learn alot more being around the first team at Derby for a few years. I wish him well. 

2 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

My mistake I was going on what was said on the website. 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/axa-training-centre/416188-watch-documentary-a-new-beginning-building-the-axa-training-centre

Are you saying that somebody can’t be a good coach if they played for Derby! Not sure who Derbys 18s have got as a coach at the moment, the academy has lost a lot of coaches in the last 2-3 years many of those haven’t been replaced.

No.  I'm saying he's no better a coach than we have here.

10 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

As you know so much about this I’m guessing you’re his mum? ?‍♂️

for his sake I truly hope he succeeds as being so young he could get swallowed up or be the next Stevie G. 

My money would be on him going to a German team in 3 or 4 years for 5 times what we are getting for him...

No I’m not his mum. I have know him  since he was about 8 and watched him play probably a 100 times, my own son has been in the academy system for the last 8 years so i think i am better qualified to comment than the majority on here. What i will say aswell is that the majority of lads at Derbys academy would be off if a serious offer came in for them. 

14 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

How do you know it’s 4 times the amount??

Plus, with regards to “rubbish” statement...I have received and shown loyalty and have done for 25 years, ignoring advances on multiple occasions. Loyalty is a big thing for some and not others clearly!!

Now back to the point!!!

We as a club have invested in the lad, his advisors could’ve shown some loyalty to the club that has nurtured him, particularly in the current financial climate we find ourselves in. What is the point in our academy if the bigger clubs are going to spirit our up and comers away for peanuts!!!!

Sorry, but this expectation that he should stay here when a team like Liverpool come in is frankly laughable. 

Careers can be short, he might not make the grade but that's irrelevant. This opportunity might only present itself to him once. I'd take it if I were him.

We are Derby County, between owners, struggling to pay wages and in a second tier relegation scrap. They are Liverpool, champions of England and one of the most famous clubs in the world. If it was your son what would you want him to do? 

10 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

No I’m not his mum. I have know him  since he was about 8 and watched him play probably a 100 times, my own son has been in the academy system for the last 8 years so i think i am better qualified to comment than the majority on here. What i will say aswell is that the majority of lads at Derbys academy would be off if a serious offer came in for them. 

Thats totally understandable to me. I don't think you can blame them for thinking that way.  Yes, there is a chance of breaking through for 1st team action at Derby but even then just look at the numbers of how many don't make it through. In Kaide's case he will have seen his brother get towards the fringes of the first team squad only to then have to drop down a few levels.

If they're good enough to be getting interest from clubs like Liverpool then they should back themselves to make a breakthrough there. Liverpool are using their top academy players at least in the cups, so if they're good enough they could stake a claim.  There will always be a lot of interest in the youngsters who are let go by clubs like Liverpool as well so they are giving themselves a very good chance of making it at a higher level.

As much as I want all our young talent to come through and play for us, it's such a high pressure environment with a fairly small chance of success that I don't think you can begrudge them the chance for a big move.