Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

For those thinking that there is a lot of animosity towards the young lad, please get off your high horses, it is quite frankly silly.

No one (from what I have seen at least) has directed any form of comments that take a nasty dig at the lad. What people seem to be saying that the lad seems to be badly advised, and that if he wants to go then let him, we don't need anyone who doesn't want to be here. If he goes, then he goes with my (and no doubt many others) best wishes and I hope he makes it, but I certainly won't miss him. But please don't make out that people are directing loads of animosity towards the lad to vent out our current frustrations with the club, what an absolutely absurd thing to say.

Edited by DanS1992

9 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I’m 100% with you @DanS1992 loyalty is something that cannot be learned. This boy and his advisors clearly have none for DCFC, F.R.O and I hope you enjoy Under 23s football for the next 7-8 years prior to you mr move to Shrewsbury or somewhere else. 

What a load of rubbish, how much loyalty would you show your employer if you got offered a better job on 4 times the money!

55 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Even ‘mild’ abuse of a 16 year old is abhorrent.

I’d rather he stayed, but we’re receiving in excess of a million quid. Remind me how much we got for Anya, Bradders or Butterfield?

Good luck to the lad. And once a Ram...

I agree any form of abuse against a 16 year old lad is abhorrent. But can someone please tell me where the abuse he has "apparently" been getting is? 
Some people are saying that if he wants to go then go, that he is ill advised, making the wrong decision  etc. Hardly counts as abuse really doesn't it?

Edited by DanS1992

1 hour ago, Footymum2017 said:

What a load of rubbish, how much loyalty would you show your employer if you got offered a better job on 4 times the money!

I agree. I think sometimes fans get a tad confused and think players are fans of the club they play for rather than employees ?

How do you know it’s 4 times the amount??

Plus, with regards to “rubbish” statement...I have received and shown loyalty and have done for 25 years, ignoring advances on multiple occasions. Loyalty is a big thing for some and not others clearly!!

Now back to the point!!!

We as a club have invested in the lad, his advisors could’ve shown some loyalty to the club that has nurtured him, particularly in the current financial climate we find ourselves in. What is the point in our academy if the bigger clubs are going to spirit our up and comers away for peanuts!!!!

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Plus, with regards to “rubbish” statement...I have received and shown loyalty and have done for 25 years, ignoring advances on multiple occasions. Loyalty is a big thing for some and not others clearly!!

Now back to the point!!!

We as a club have invested in the lad, his advisors could’ve shown some loyalty to the club that has nurtured him, particularly in the current financial climate we find ourselves in. What is the point in our academy if the bigger clubs are going to spirit our up and comers away for peanuts!!!!

How do you know it's for peanuts?

He's 16 and still at school. He should be learning the game and money shouldn't even come into it at this age. Unless of course mum has been offered a shiny new car. 

11 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

I highly doubt Kaide will play for Liverpool, especially now as questions are being asked due to their drop in form.

The chances are we will see him on loan at some other Championship club, but oh well just another promising English youngster whose potential could be stunted due to bad choices.

He could be in our first team next season. Instead he will sit in their youth team.

Or on the other flip of the coin he could end up like Mason Bennett or Will Hughes, being tipped as England's brightest prospect, staying at Derby too long and going on to not fulfil their potential. 

12 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Did he sign a contract? The answer according to WR is no, so no contract = tribunal and not £ms that we are lead to believe he is valued at ergo = peanuts ????

And you know this to be 100% true?

If Manu and Liverpool want him, the chances are one will bid higher than the other ergo= not peanuts.

Edited by ossieram

Can’t fault someone for betting on themselves. As good as I think we are for academy graduates, he could well spend the rest of his life thinking ‘what if I took that move to Liverpool’.

Not something you want to happen, it really is a profession where sometimes that one chance is all it takes. So many of these players have the talent but don’t get that opportunity to prove themselves. Could get one sub appearance at Liverpool where he makes an impression etc etc

We’ll take the money for someone who hasn’t done anything yet. Maybe it will haunt us all forever, maybe we’ll never think about the lad again. Best of luck to him.

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

And you know this to be 100% true?

If Manu and Liverpool want him, the chances are one will bid higher than the other ergo= not peanuts.

What are you talking about??? WR stated this week that the lad had rejected our offer and is likely to leave for Liverpool. Being a schoolboy tends to mean by law that we cannot have him tied down to a contract. No contract = tribunal = peanuts ??

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

His book was recommended to me. Was actually a good read.  Always a chunky fella and used to give it back when opponents wound him up .  My favourite was a comeback he gave Warren Barton, kept calling him a fat barsteward and he told him to 'blame your wife because  every time he gave her one she makes me eat a chocolate biscuit.

Nice bit in there about how he was going to pack up when he left Derby, till he got a letter from Roy Mcfarland when he was back at home telling him he was a good player and to keep at it .  He still has the letter and considers it his prize possession from his playing days.

Scored 4 in that game, wasn't the quickest, interesting to note that no one else in that apprentice side played a league game other than him.

43 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

What are you talking about??? WR stated this week that the lad had rejected our offer and is likely to leave for Liverpool. Being a schoolboy tends to mean by law that we cannot have him tied down to a contract. No contract = tribunal = peanuts ??

I take it you don't know about the interest from the mancs then?

Liverpool are willing to pay extra rather than let someone else tempt him.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Now back to the point!!!

All scholars get paid from the age of 16 when they start their 2year contract, Liverpool pay approx 4 times what Derby do, although he will only get that for a few months until he’s 17 and signs a pro, which again will be considerably more than Derby’s. Money isn’t the be all and end all though, the coaching and facilities are far better also. Don’t forget Derby could be in league one next season!

Fair play to you for showing loyalty to your employers and turning down better offers, not something that most people would do.

Now back to the point!!!

Didn't see anyone on here complaining about Bogle not showing loyalty to Swindon when we picked him up at 16. What about Jason Knight? We poached him at 16 from his club. He was there from the age of 4. He should have shown them loyalty and turned us down right? You can't complain that Liverpool are doing this to us, when we do it to countless other clubs multiple times a season.

Now back to the point!!!

What makes US different to any other club ? The bigger fish are ALWAYS looking for that meal. Get over yourselves , this happens up and down the country , current rules mean there is nothing we can do about it disappointing as that mah be, Instead of venting your spleen on the lad , point it at the people who make the rules .........