EFL appeal

Sith Happens

9 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

but as someone posted they did appeal the results of Birminghams appeal. 

Not sure that is true?  There were 2 charges dealt with separately one where they got docked 9 points and the other for not following an agreed business plan.  Devil is in the detail

13 minutes ago, Yani P said:

EFL had their own accountants signing everything off

tenor (10).gif

I actually like the look on that monkeys face...looks like he is getting more and more pissed with what the numbers are telling him ?

Edited by Yani P

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

12 points for the overspend. Then plus some more (up to 9) for deliberately misleading and failing to provide details on the policy. Then minus some for EFL incompetence.

So 0 points.

Utterly ridiculous. 

No way will reducing our points based on EFL incompetence leave us on zero points. 

if there is such an award then based on the levels of incompetence shown I expect us to start next season already on 30 points at least ?

Surely you cant allow your mates dog to crap in your garden and then kick off when you accidentally step in it.

The EFL signed this off as ok and just because Steve Gibson has kicked off and just because Parry clearly has a vendetta against Mel Morris, the club is wrongly being dragged through the mud.

This really is so wrong.

52 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It depends really. If for example, we get a 6-point deduction this week, like SWFC got and take it on the chin, then things can move forward.

If we can get a takeover sorted and recruitment rolling, I hope it wouldn’t impact too negatively on our season. I’d like to thing if we plan properly we can muster a squad capable of finishing at least 6 points above the relegation zone - which ultimately would be the target again.

However, we could rumble on all summer with uncertainty or appeals that hold up things like takeover deals and recruitment, and arguably be in a worse position even without a points deduction.

The key thing will be timing, however it won’t take away from the fact that the EFL are an inept organisation that aren’t fit for purpose.

That's what I am saying. Surely taking six points and moving on is better than fighting over it all summer and jeopardising a whole lot more points by not being able to plan? 

I would take anything up to 6; any more and we should fight it (if we are allowed to.) 

I can't believe that I am typing that because I think the EFL are bang out of order in what they have done, especially the way it has dragged on and already affected us BUT they seem determined to make an example of us sooner or later, so I think we need to get on with it.

You'd think their ridiculous FFP/ P&S rules have got to change soon, or as @Ambitious says, there will just be a procession of clubs falling foul of them every season.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

I wonder where all these ITK rumours are coming from.

Certain posters were ITK when we had a certain person high up at the club, but lost it when he left.

Now, rumours are that he wants back in at the club, and the ITK’ers have chirped up again?

Hmmmmm.

I doubt they’ll be in any Rush to tell you their source. 

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Not sure that is true?  There were 2 charges dealt with separately one where they got docked 9 points and the other for not following an agreed business plan.  Devil is in the detail

ok you might be right. still it stinks, as someone else said if you drive along a road at the speed limit of 50mph for years but then the limit is reduced, you don't retrospectively apply that rule and fine all those who stuck to the declared rules for years, its essentially what the EFL are attempting with us.

31 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

And yet they originally approved our method and signed it off 

your totally right this is draining 

50) Perhaps surprisingly there is said to be no written record (contemporaneous or otherwise)
a) Of the discussions that took place in 2015 between the Club and Smith Cooper
b) Of the Club’s internal deliberations in 2015 over whether to alter its approach to amortisation to
capitalised costs of player registrations
c) Of the Club’s decision to adopt an altered approach, or
d) Of the Club’s implementation of that approach.
As a result, the majority of the evidence that we heard on such matters was entirely oral, given by Mr Pearce and Mr Delve. 

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Certain posters were ITK when we had a certain person high up at the club, but lost it when he left.

Now, rumours are that he wants back in at the club, and the ITK’ers have chirped up again?

Hmmmmm.

Come to think of it @Boycie, I've never seen him and you in the same room together at the same time?! So, you're attempted 4-d chess move here doesn't fool anyone...?

54) However, very late in these proceedings the Club explained that the EFL’s interpretation of the Notes did not in fact reflect the realities of the approach to amortisation of the capitalised costs of player registrations that it had adopted and applied in the financial years ended 30 June 2016, 30 June 2017 and 30 June 2018; the actual amortisation policy applied by the Club in those financial years was different.

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Hmmmmm.

Oh no, not the PE teacher again!

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Hmmmmm.

Beat me to it.

Just one thing that’s been washed over a little...

Didnt read the Daily Mail article (my hand for some reason refused to click it) but I did have a look at the Twitter handles of the reporters. One came up with ‘north east reporter’ which I thought was odd but being at work I didn’t think much more about it.

Its only cottoned on whilst I was driving home what a quite funny coincidence that is. Sure it’s just a coincidence too, I’m not suggesting anything!

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Hmmmmm.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Beat me to it.

You're both Rushing to conclusions