EFL appeal

Sith Happens

5 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Presumably we are still under a transfer embargo until this mess is concluded. With several out of contract players leaving, we wouldn’t have a squad good enough to compete never mind make up a points deficit. 

There’s no embargo relating to the EFL charge. As it stands we were cleared of basically everything, so that embargo was lifted.

Supposedly, we are still under a different one because of not filing our accounts. Which will presumably be sorted once the appeal is cleared and we know which amortisation method we can use to file those accounts.

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

There’s no embargo relating to the EFL charge. As it stands we were cleared of basically everything, so that embargo was lifted.

Supposedly, we are still under a different one because of not filing our accounts. Which will presumably be sorted once the appeal is cleared and we know which amortisation method we can use to file those accounts.

But if we appeal this new decion we will presumably stay under transfer embargo until it is sorted as we will be unable to file the accounts?  

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

But if we appeal this new decion we will presumably stay under transfer embargo until it is sorted as we will be unable to file the accounts?  

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

It's a soft embargo though, isn't it? 

We can't pay a fee, but we can offer free agents upto 10k a week. 

Possibly won't affect our recruitment, as it stands.

2 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Presumably we are still under a transfer embargo until this mess is concluded. With several out of contract players leaving, we wouldn’t have a squad good enough to compete never mind make up a points deficit. 

Never fear. With Rooney's world class contacts we can simply get 5 top quality loans, plus it's one-in-one out even under embargo and I've heard we already have Messi and Aguero on pre-contracts.

We'd only need around 100 points for the autos, even allowing for the 6 point retrospective deduction so all is good in the hood.

What a time to be a Ram! 

COYR ?

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

It's a soft embargo though, isn't it? 

We can't pay a fee, but we can offer free agents upto 10k a week. 

Possibly won't affect our recruitment, as it stands.

Not sure, Rev, but I would hope we weren't having to operate with one hand tied behind our back like that.

I'm not expecting record transfers, but maybe the odd Barker-type fee! 

44 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think our biggest threat is that a points deduction for next season could easily trigger legal action by Wycombe and Shef Wed. Wycombe as the obvious victim and Wednesday from the 'unfairness' of our transgression being punished later than theirs. 

That could seriously affect the beginning of next season, maybe even forcing a delay.

If they apply it to last season, the only aggrieved club is us, and we can't appeal and might not be able to afford to make a legal challenge. That's a far better option for the EFL.

I wonder if the delay is them trying to find an interpretation of the rules which applies the points deduction to last season?

That would be OK wouldn't it?

We finished on 64 points last season.

Edited by Half Fan Half Biscuit

Just now, angieram said:

Not sure, Rev, but I would hope we weren't having to operate with one hand tied behind our back like that.

I'm not expecting record transfers, but maybe the odd Barker-type fee! 

I wouldn't expect many Barker type fees throughout the entire window, incoming anyway, throughout the league.

Some cracking free agents available though, let's hope we can get a squad together in good time.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I am saying that is complete and utter guesswork by KL. Not saying his figure is not correct but there is no way on earth that he has calculated the correct figure, it would be right by pure fluke.

To calculate the figure, he would need to know transfer fee for each individual player, length of contract, residual value assigned to each player, sales proceeds for each individual player.

Cannot see if he has stated this in his assumptions or not as I have no interest in reading articles of someone masquerading as an expert.

Most of the figures can be fairly accurately estimated by looking at our own accounts, and those of the selling clubs.

I believe KM reached his figures for 'old amortisation' by basing it on total transfer fee if inclusive of add-ons such as promotion bonuses and appearances.

As you know, we stopped playing Thorne and Anya specifically to avoid appearance fees, and we didn't achieve promotion. Hence, I belive KM has vastly overestimated the amortisation. I also wonder if he factored in the difference in profits on player sales.

Bristol city fans are quite strange aren't they.  Spend more time talking about Derby getting relegated than their own team. No surprise really. You think they'd realise that without proper teams like Derby and Wednesday their league campaign would as exiting as a Friday night out in the crap holes round St Pauls. 

Do you think they have their own register keeping them away from Pride Park or just nice ankle bracelets from the local constabulary.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

29 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Never fear. With Rooney's world class contacts we can simply get 5 top quality loans, plus it's one-in-one out even under embargo and I've heard we already have Messi and Aguero on pre-contracts.

We'd only need around 100 points for the autos, even allowing for the 6 point retrospective deduction so all is good in the hood.

What a time to be a Ram! 

COYR ?

You need to come off the pop mate. 

3 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Play like we have this season any points deduction will send us down. But just show any sort of midtable form and 6 points shouldnt be an issue. 12 is a different story like 

If we play like we did this season we would be relegated with no points deducted 

6 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I am I right in thinking that the EFL can ask for a certain punishment but it’s the tribunal that makes the actual decision ? 

I think whatever the EFL want the EFL get.

Is it just a coincidence that every time the EFL appeal they win? Does that mean that every person who sits on the first independent panel of every case is completely incompetent and isnt able to come up with a decision based on the information provided.

Strange as well that the EFL are able to appeal a decision made by an independent panel and if the original decision is overturned (everytime) the club isnt allowed to challenge it.

Cant be just me that thinks we have a legal system in the real world and then football that seems it's own entity with power hungry greedy barstewards who can change rules at the drop of a hat to suit.

One last thing. Why are we being so severely hounded for breaching rules that have seen us gain absolutely nothing over recent years and clubs like Forest and Watford can have owners who own 2 clubs and sell players between them for over inflated fees to circumnavigate FFP.

And dont even get me started on West Ham who can literally field 2 illegal players costing Sheff United their place in the prem, are found guilty and fined 10 million, but dont receive a points deduction. Then get given a stadium at our expense.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

I hsve just had a conversation with someone in a DCFC Facebook group and apparently the EFL have a rule that there us no right of appeal for us. So the EFL can appeal anything they want, probably whenever they want, and they are untouchable.

Both sides can appeal tribunal neither side can appeal the appeal 

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think whatever the EFL want the EFL get.

Is it just a coincidence that every time the EFL appeal they win? Does that mean that every person who sits on the first independent panel of every case is completely incompetent and isnt able to come up with a decision based on the information provided.

Strange as well that the EFL are able to appeal a decision made by an independent panel and if the original decision is overturned (everytime) the club isnt allowed to challenge it.

Cant be just me that thinks we have a legal system in the real world and then football that seems it's own entity with power hungry greedy barstewards who can change rules at the drop of a hat to suit.

One last thing. Why are we being so severely hounded for breaching rules that have seen us gain absolutely nothing over recent years and clubs like Forest and Watford can have owners who own 2 clubs and sell players between them for over inflated fees to circumnavigate FFP.

And dont even get me started on West Ham who can literally field 2 illegal players costing Sheff United their place in the prem, are found guilty and fined 10 million, but dont receive a points deduction. Then get given a stadium at our expense.

If we hadn’t adopted a unique method of valuation we would have been relegated after getting 6 or 12 points penalty 

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

If we hadn’t adopted a unique method of valuation we would have been relegated after getting 6 or 12 points penalty 

We don’t actually know that for sure. The amount we would be over the limit looks pretty minimal, if anything at all, based on the numbers posted in here. And even then, those are for 2 seasons ago, when we would have easily stayed in the league with those kind of deductions. We have no idea what the position is for this season until the accounts are published.

10 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

We don’t actually know that for sure. The amount we would be over the limit looks pretty minimal, if anything at all, based on the numbers posted in here. And even then, those are for 2 seasons ago, when we would have easily stayed in the league with those kind of deductions. We have no idea what the position is for this season until the accounts are published.

Don’t underestimate what it is like starting off that far behind.  Also it could have been applied during the season just ended