EFL appeal

Sith Happens

27 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The one benefit of having Erik Alonso become the owner of Derby County is that he would be able to knock 10 bells of poo out of Rick Parry. 

Mel Morris doesn't strike me has having that in his locker. 

Yeah, we'd have to get a ringer in for Mel. or give him an unfair advantge in other ways. Loaded gloves, injections...

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Derby-county-points-deduction-survival-24078183.amp

Macclesfield case last season is precedent for points being deducted retrospectively.

They had a suspended points deduction so it's a different situation, it was suspended pending an appeal and implemented as soon as they lost it. We had no punishment at all from the initial hearing, so there is no 'suspended' punishment to implement.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Is there any other side that were charged with specifically what the EFL were appealing, ie a precedent for punishment?

I don;t think so off the top of my head.

Also, punishment for the not filing in accordance is not the same thing as punishment for exceeding P&S loss by x million. I guess if we lose on the first count (this appeal) there'll be something from that, but it could consiquently lead to a punishment for overspending (which I guess we could appeal)

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Derby-county-points-deduction-survival-24078183.amp

Macclesfield case last season is precedent for points being deducted retrospectively.

Slightly different though. They had a points deduction but it was originally suspended. Also, as is clear from the article, the charges are not the same.

I, like Nicholson in the article, would be staggered if we faced a retrospective points deduction.