EFL appeal

Sith Happens

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Surely it isn’t as simple as saying that if we have to make adjustments, we fail P&S and get punished because if the EFL had done their jobs in the first place, as the governing body, they would have pulled Derby up on it. Derby would surely then have adjusted transfer plans accordingly to meet P&S at the time?

Why do you think we had a unique policy in the first place? Just might be possible that we couldn’t adjust without getting a points penalty

10 minutes ago, inter politics said:

I'm not saying who's right, as I haven't calculated it. Just for reference.

It’s funny, one reply to him saying PL teams operate a similar policy and he replies one minute later saying they don’t.

Numerous other replies asking him how he has arrived at his figures given transfers are largely undisclosed and asking for a bit more detail met with radio silence.

Football finance expert my ********.

6 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Surely it isn’t as simple as saying that if we have to make adjustments, we fail P&S and get punished because if the EFL had done their jobs in the first place, as the governing body, they would have pulled Derby up on it. Derby would surely then have adjusted transfer plans accordingly to meet P&S at the time?

That was part of Derby's argument in the first hearing IIRC.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

It’s funny, one reply to him saying PL teams operate a similar policy and he replies one minute later saying they don’t.

Numerous other replies asking him how he has arrived at his figures given transfers are largely undisclosed and asking for a bit more detail met with radio silence.

Football finance expert my ********.

Trying to guess what that eight letter word is...can you give us a couple of letters.....

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Why do you think we had a unique policy in the first place? Just might be possible that we couldn’t adjust without getting a points penalty

Okay well in that case they pull us up on it after one year of doing it, probably miss out on the play offs (unsure on the time frame) and move on from there accordingly.

However it played out it does not excuse the incompetence of them not spotting it in the first place.

Just now, inter politics said:

I wish. All things considered, whilst I wouldn't like it, I'd maybe take a 6 point deduction at this juncture so we can finally move on.

We appeal the punishment and get it down to 3...then we all move on....

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

About £4.7m inside the limit.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

image.thumb.png.1966399ddddc137a54a5f4ff0448d1f9.png

so if any of the amortisation appears in 2018 that now has to be written back  it needs to be leess than £4m over 3 years, we're ducked

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just going back to basics and excuse my ignorance but who said we cant use the amortisation policy we decided to use? Who said it was wrong and why is it wrong? 

EFL wasn't it, we didn't use the right methodology/correct accounts procedure in player valuations or something like that. Is anyone else getting worn out with this and the takeover...why can't we have a period where we can just enjoy staying up and look forward to next season with a new Manager and a refreshed squad.....