EFL appeal

Sith Happens

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Swiss Ramble estimated that we were £34m within the P&S loss limit for the 3 years to 2017/18. If we take that as being correct and then include an additional £30m amortisation charge as per the Daily Fail reporting (and Kieran Maguire), we are STILL within the loss limit and therefore compliant.

Screenshot_20210510-154817.jpg

The original hearing document clearly stated what our P&S figures were for those 3 years.. -£15.3m, -£13.9m and +£7.2m, leaving us with £17.5m leeway.

My estimate for the difference in amortisation is £21m.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Okay, from the reporting by more responsible journalists, it seems likely that the EFL have won their appeal, but that any punishment (fine or points deduction) will apply next season.

Anyone else think we should just take it on the chin and move on now? 

I want us to put all this legal crap behind us sooner rather than later.

At least we'll know where we stand at the start of next season and can get on with winning some games of football.

It depends really. If for example, we get a 6-point deduction this week, like SWFC got and take it on the chin, then things can move forward.

If we can get a takeover sorted and recruitment rolling, I hope it wouldn’t impact too negatively on our season. I’d like to thing if we plan properly we can muster a squad capable of finishing at least 6 points above the relegation zone - which ultimately would be the target again.

However, we could rumble on all summer with uncertainty or appeals that hold up things like takeover deals and recruitment, and arguably be in a worse position even without a points deduction.

The key thing will be timing, however it won’t take away from the fact that the EFL are an inept organisation that aren’t fit for purpose.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The original hearing document clearly stated what our P&S figures were for those 3 years.. -£15.3m, -£13.9m and +£7.2m, leaving us with £17.5m leeway.

What's 3 and a bit mill between friends....

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm not saying who's right, as I haven't calculated it. Just for reference.

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

Okay, from the reporting by more responsible journalists, it seems likely that the EFL have won their appeal, but that any punishment (fine or points deduction) will apply next season.

I want us to put all this legal crap behind us sooner rather than later.

At least we'll know where we stand at the start of next season and can get on with winning some games of football.

Well angieram if I was mel I take them to court and sue efl and we got in writing or was allowed to do this and even mel asked and they said he could.

26 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

EFL vs Birmingham City

1st Hearing - EFL won, Birmingham were given a 9 point deduction

Birmingham appeal - Birmingham won and points deduction cancelled

EFL appeal the appeal and won. Result slap on wrist for Birmingham City, no further action

So if we cant appeal an appeal how is it right the EFL can?

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just what I've heard. I don't claim to be in the know. 

I've heard this and will pass it on. And what I've heard is Alonso is not taking over this football club.

I have absolutely no idea who is. But it's not going to be Alonso.

I hope that is the case, not much confidence that he has the available funds. It would be good to hear more about the rumoured US consortium and local consortium......the latter being my preference if it was workable....

59 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

I guess just because its the rules doesn't stop us asking how it can be right.

Member of any club including this site sign up to rules.  You can go legal but the  first question would be why aren’t you following the agreed rules.  If we lost the tribunal bet your bottom dollar we would have appealed

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just what I've heard. I don't claim to be in the know. 

I've heard this and will pass it on. And what I've heard is Alonso is not taking over this football club.

I have absolutely no idea who is. But it's not going to be Alonso.

Surely after the previous fiasco, Mel must have known Alonso wasn't credible.

Surely it isn’t as simple as saying that if we have to make adjustments, we fail P&S and get punished because if the EFL had done their jobs in the first place, as the governing body, they would have pulled Derby up on it. Derby would surely then have adjusted transfer plans accordingly to meet P&S at the time?

Just now, Spanish said:

Member of any club including this site sign up to rules.  You can go legal but the  first question would be why aren’t you following the agreed rules.  If we lost the tribunal bet your bottom dollar we would have appealed

I get that just doesn't seem very fair the EFL can appeal an appeal but clubs can't. 

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes. Was talking about this with my Dad earlier. Assuming the penalty isn’t something ludicrous, take it on the chin and move on.