EFL appeal

Sith Happens

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

EFL wasn't it, we didn't use the right methodology/correct accounts procedure in player valuations or something like that. Is anyone else getting worn out with this and the takeover...why can't we have a period where we can just enjoy staying up and look forward to next season with a new Manager and a refreshed squad.....

Yes, my point is that if there is no laid down route to amortisation in advance then how on earth can we be guilty of breaking any rule? If they decided they didn't like the way we did it simply ask us to change, why the need for a points deduction?

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just going back to basics and excuse my ignorance but who said we cant use the amortisation policy we decided to use? Who said it was wrong and why is it wrong? 

No one else is doing it.  It’s not wrong per se but it relies heavily on estimated residual values.  So where other clubs will write down a £4m 4 year contract at 1m pa we Could claim that Marriott is worth £4m up until the end of year 3 and then take the hit in year 4.  I have always been a critic of this dangerous practise.  We are very good at buying at the top price then give them away for nothing at the end.  There is too much temptation to fiddle the ERV if the club is close to breach, allegedly.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

EFL wasn't it, we didn't use the right methodology/correct accounts procedure in player valuations or something like that. Is anyone else getting worn out with this and the takeover...why can't we have a period where we can just enjoy staying up and look forward to next season with a new Manager and a refreshed squad.....

And yet they originally approved our method and signed it off 

your totally right this is draining 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yes, my point is that if there is no laid down route to amortisation in advance then how on earth can we be guilty of breaking any rule? If they decided they didn't like the way we did it simply ask us to change, why the need for a points deduction?

I agree and I thought that is what we were told after the first hearing. But it seems if you backdate and use the correct formula we would have broken FFP wouldn't we by quite a lot, that seems to be the problem, but I am sure someone who knows a lot more will answer your point a lot better than me. 'O' Level accounts is the only exam I have ever failed lol....back in 1982....

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

IIRC didn’t the EFL’s argument rest on the interpretation of their own regulations saying a method must be “applied consistently” which they retrospectively defined as consistent with other clubs? The panel said there was no legal definition of consistent in this case, and DCFC’s interpretation of it being consistent over time (ie we didn’t change the methodology each year to suit ourselves) was reasonable. 

15 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yes. Was talking about this with my Dad earlier. Assuming the penalty isn’t something ludicrous, take it on the chin and move on.

Yes but depending on points docked and uncertainty about take over how many players are actually going to want to sign for Derby. I doubt we will be first choice with all this uncertainty hanging over our heads. We need to know ASAP what is going to happen and then perhaps the takeover saga can be resolved.

19 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just what I've heard. I don't claim to be in the know. 

I've heard this and will pass it on. And what I've heard is Alonso is not taking over this football club.

I have absolutely no idea who is. But it's not going to be Alonso.

Rubbish... And I will ask Mel later, I'm due to phone him as I want a refund for the party he was supposed to have organised for me at Morris Brewery where there was no drink... 

Seriously though - how tiresome is this getting. Really can't be bothered with it dragging on all summer, just want closure and to look forward. 

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This 

I don’t get how they even have a leg to stand on let alone that they signed it all off 

56 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Just read that Wycombe are considering legaI action (don't know if it is true or not), but I honestly don't know how Wycombe can advocate legal action (if that is the case). I would like to remind them, that they are in the Championship on good fortune alone due to the PPG scenario last season. Slightly hippocritical if you ask me.

Apparently there owner who's an American lawyer is waiting with his legal team if we get points deducted.' we got as many points as we could but there's the Derby issue' haven't gone down the legal route but we'll see. Basically he might look at it if points are deducted. Strange how these people conveniently forget that with 10 games of the season left they got in the pretend playoffs having been in 9th place. 

8 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Ignorant query:

How can we have lost £30m more by accounting for reduction in player values over the course of a contract at differing rates?

Surely that moves the losses to different years, rather than magics them away?

Theoretically because it is calculated on a rolling 3 year basis ERV allows losses to be accrued in a year when you a windfall profit say by selling your ground. Or perhaps you can extend a contract and move the loss into the next year.  You still have to pay eventually