EFL appeal

Sith Happens

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

About time we resigned from the EFL and started our own league with clubs who actually have supporters and are not far away from Derby who shall we have ?

Derby county, Sheffield Wednesday, notts forest, Stoke city, Birmingham city, - just need a couple more - Coventry city will have supporters when they are back in Coventry and for our holidays we could include Sunderland - I bet we would even get a better TV deal 

I love the idea of taking a holiday in Sunderland.  

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Derby-county-points-deduction-survival-24078183.amp

Macclesfield case last season is precedent for points being deducted retrospectively.

It really isn't.

Their punishment was decided in December 2019 (well before the end of the playing season), points were deducted, they appealed and got a reduction. Some points deductions were suspended should they repeat their misdemeanor later down the line (which they did, and they were). Different charges, different penalties.

We haven't even had any punishment handed to us as yet, the EFL haven't sought to take action against us for any further issues (yet!) and it's well past the point where it would be reasonable to deduct points - not that they don't want to try it, but it isn't up to them.

Just read that Wycombe are considering legaI action (don't know if it is true or not), but I honestly don't know how Wycombe can advocate legal action (if that is the case). I would like to remind them, that they are in the Championship on good fortune alone due to the PPG scenario last season. Slightly hippocritical if you ask me.

Edited by DanS1992

EFL vs Birmingham City

1st Hearing - EFL won, Birmingham were given a 9 point deduction

Birmingham appeal - Birmingham won and points deduction cancelled

EFL appeal the appeal and won. Result slap on wrist for Birmingham City, no further action

Okay, from the reporting by more responsible journalists, it seems likely that the EFL have won their appeal, but that any punishment (fine or points deduction) will apply next season.

Anyone else think we should just take it on the chin and move on now? 

I want us to put all this legal crap behind us sooner rather than later.

At least we'll know where we stand at the start of next season and can get on with winning some games of football.

5 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Just read that Wycombe are considering legaI action (don't know if it is true or not), but I honestly don't know how Wycombe can advocate legal action (if that is the case). I would like to remind them, that they are in the Championship on good fortune alone due to the PPG scenario last season. Slightly hippocritical if you ask me.

Firstly, I don’t think Wycombe will take any action and if they do, I can’t see how they can win.

Secondly, accusing them of hypocrisy isn’t really appropriate. They got lucky (potentially as they may have been promoted anyway) because of a ruling that was enforced on all teams in the division. It was none of their doing. They didn’t seek to break/bend any rules which I assume is what they would be accusing us of.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Okay, from the reporting by more responsible journalists, it seems likely that the EFL have won their appeal, but that any punishment (fine or points deduction) will apply next season.

At least we'll know where we stand at the start of next season and can get on with winning some games of football.

Depends on what the punishment might be:

If it’s slap on the wrist and a relatively small fine then yes, take it and move on. If it’s a points deduction, that’s a different matter and may depend on the number of points.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Agreed. We need everything sorting (the appeal, Alonso deal or not) as soon as possible so we know the budget (however big or small) as soon as possible to begin the mammoth task of preparing for next season. Will it be harder to attract players and sponsors if we start on -10 and no new owner? Yes but having the time to organise what you can and can't do is so important.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

But it is going to hang over us until we get a decision. Surely the new Manager will want to be clear on how things stand, both in terms of a potential points deduction and transfer budget dependant on the takeover I would think. Also likely to impact on contract negotiations with existing players. All of these issues need to be sorted asap to enable us to move on.....