Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, jono said:

2) Keogh is guilty of nothing except stupidity and bringing the club in to disrepute. He will have been fined by the club. But he hasn’t broken the law.

Technically, he is (allegedly) guilty of not wearing a seat belt, which is of course illegal, though I'm not aware of any charges having been made... or pending?

Not seen any evidence/statements/rumours regarding the club fining Keogh for his part in this whole sorry mess.  Have I missed this?  Do you have more info?

47 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Nothing wrong with team bonding and the club organised a meal and transport home , nothing to say they included booze. That may have been the players after the event. 
Mr B Clough used to insist on players having a drink before certain games  the culture the club alluded to has been present since the game began . 
My opinion not a PR balls up the club taking appropriate action at an appropriate time after Keogh’s surgery. 

Why would you arrange cars home if there is no booze involved ?

At least we finding out what the Derby way is now, break the law, flee the scene of a crime, leaving your teammate injured as the result of your actions and you get a six week fine. Get in the car, and  get a career threatening injury as the result of it, and you get sacked

Once again the club shows it is driven only by money, otherwise there would have been consistency and the punishments would have been the same.

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The other 2 idiots are fit to work, Keogh isn’t fit to work due to his poor decision. 
If a member of my staff made themselves unfit for work and incapable of their daily duties caused by a similar scenario. I wouldn’t be paying them to stay at home, they’d get their marching orders. Richard Keogh should be no different. 
I wouldn’t pay him a cent until he’s fit to return to work and the other 2 should consider themselves lucky they avoided injury and are available for selection. 

Spot on if the other could not play for 12 months I would expect the same,if I injured myself while drink driving I wouldn’t expect to get paid for 12 months while unable to work.

I bet the bottom line is, he won’t play again. It’s not like Shaun Barker who got injured playing. Keogh made a costly mistake. Derby don’t see why they should pay his wages. Quite right too. The whole episode has had an impact on the season. 

Someone I know told me a while back this was going to happen. He told me a few other things too.

Edited by Van Gritters

I am afraid his decision to reject the new contract says it all. His choice, his responsibility. Derby haven't show him a lack of respect, he has shown the club no respect here. An arrogance and an inability to take responsibility for his own actions.

If Keogh has any issues with anyone, it should be himself and Lawrence. 

Hopefully this is the last of the fallout so we can move on and finally put this sorry mess behind us.

1 minute ago, John_The_Waff said:

So based on that club statement, I'd expect both Lawrence and Bennett to be sold in January. 

Based on that statement, Keogh is 34 coming back from a serious injury so can duck off. 

Bennett and Lawrence have value in money terms and FFP so they can stay. 

Like you say, hopefully they duck off in January. 

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not quite sure how I feel about the decision yet, especially as things may have gone on that we don’t know about.

However, if this quote is genuine from the club, it makes a mockery of the fact that we’ve welcomed Lawrence and Bennett back into the fold, despite them being the only ones who put “themselves, their colleagues and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse”.

this will be the big sticking point in any court case, legally speaking Keogh did nothing wrong and has been sacked, yet the 2 players criminally convicted continue to work for the club, presumably without a paycut, unless I missed that announcement.

How long was left on Keogh's deal anyway?

Like others have said this does not sit easily with me as the other two have been seemingly ‘let off’ as it were. Morally it seems unfair. Legally however it would seem to be water tight. Disappointing that it has come to this as Keogh love him or not has been a good servant to the club up until this whole debacle. 
We don’t know the whole story at all, I’m sure in the years to come more will be revealed, but I can’t believe Keogh hasn’t accepted a reduced wage!? It’s still massive money and he won’t be able to sign for anyone else until/if he’s fully over the injury. No access to our staff and world class facilities either. Madness......

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't agree with you. Whilst we most certainly miss Keogh on the pitch I cannot help think that off the pitch he's the kind of leader we could well do without.

TBH getting rid of him might help bring about a 'culture change' at the Club?

At least if he leads the pub crawls, the players will drink less. It'll take him hours to limp the whole of the mile.?

The lack of consistency with the relatively  light punishments levied on Lawrence and Bennett worries me. If Keogh is sacked then they all should be. Then again that’s where the commercial side comes into consideration... maybe they were happy to let Keogh go but the 7.5 m spent on Lawrence is another thing....

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps this deserves another thread of its own but I find myself now asking:

Are we a well run club or not? 

The club is an absolute shambles and has been for years.

It almost needs a multi billionaire businessman with no allegiance to the club whose sole purpose is to get to the promised land, come into the club, sack everyone and start again.

Netflix would have a field day with our club.