Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

25k a week to not play for another year and a bit a and not take the clubs offer? Who's the fool? Not Mel in my eyes

It's not as if he was in his prime, put 9 years of good work in for one stupid mistake where an uber to Duffield would of been around a tenner, some may think its harsh but Mel is a businessman 

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

No, but breaking the law and breaching the terms of your contract is. The latter is clearly conjectural without sight of the contract, but I has seen it written into many non-footballing contracts. 

he hasn't been convicted of any criminal charge nor is he facing one so that wouldn't apply

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I can’t believe there are people on here saying good riddance to a man who has put his body on the line again and again for Derby County.

Sure he made a mistake but let’s not forget what went before.

Thanks Richard and good luck. 

Sorry this is the correct punishment ,the others got off too lightly.

Not read all the way through this so apologies if someone's already made this point, but dcfc won't have a leg to stand on (if you pardon the pun!) If Keogh takes them to a tribunal. Understand why they've sacked him but can't have one rule for one and not for the others just because it suits dcfc. Pretty certain he'll get to either see out his contract on current terms or they'll settle for a figure somewhere in between.

Just now, Ilsonram12 said:

25k a week to not play for another year and a bit a and not take the clubs offer? Who's the fool? Not Mel in my eyes

It's not as if he was in his prime, put 9 years of good work in for one stupid mistake where an uber to Duffield would of been around a tenner, some may think its harsh but Mel is a businessman 

Yes, like when he last sacked someone that wasn’t a manager of the club, that went well didn’t it.

Bet the dressing room spirit is at an all time high at the moment ?

10 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It maybe would have been a lesson to the younger players seeing one of our all time appearance makers undergoing his rehab, isolated and apart from the squad through his own stupid fault, mind.

Even more of a lesson now then?

1 minute ago, derbydaz22 said:

Not sure about that to be honest I would be surprised if any club would pay someone £25k a week when he could be out for 18 months all due to his own actions.

technically its the actions of Lawrence and Bennett, he was a passenger not a driver

Anyone claiming that Keogh and Lawrence aren't being treated equally, welcome to the real world. Personally I wanted them all to get sacked. But Lawrence and Bennett still have something to offer the club, whether that's on the pitch or with a resale value. The club are an employer, they don't need to treat everyone the same in this case. 

Cocu now has an additional £25k a week to spend on a player he wants at CB. This is only good news given that the circumstance has already happened. We would certainly be whinging if we paid him £25k a week to see out his recovery.

Live and die by your actions.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

he hasn't been convicted of any criminal charge nor is he facing one so that wouldn't apply

I'm not sure that's the case - failure to wear a seat belt is a civil matter. He may have chosen to accept a punishment to avoid publicity. We also don't know if anything else is pending.