Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

49 minutes ago, ramit said:

If Keogh says no deal, am not sure the club can carry out a sacking for gross misconduct without sacking the other two as well.  Even if they can, it wouldn't sit right with me.

It wouldn’t sit right with me either but If Keogh refused a reasonable new deal given his new circumstances and how he got there, then that wouldn’t sit right with me either. 

18 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’d say the club contributed to the repetitional damage by organising a team bonding session that included the booze. Since the. The club have come out and admitted that there is a culture within football for this sort of thing.

Just another PR balls up by the club imo, why stir the pot again when people were starting to forget about it, give him the same punishment as TL and MB by all means, but threatening to sack him....

Nothing wrong with team bonding and the club organised a meal and transport home , nothing to say they included booze. That may have been the players after the event. 
Mr B Clough used to insist on players having a drink before certain games  the culture the club alluded to has been present since the game began . 
My opinion not a PR balls up the club taking appropriate action at an appropriate time after Keogh’s surgery. 

Seems reasonable and normal management by the club. At the end of the day they are a business and an employer.

I am sure he will be claiming loss of earnings from the idiot who was drivings insurance. No reason the club should keep paying unless it happened as a sporting injury. Bit of a non story really unless you are the insurance company.

Will also enable him to engage in other club activity which I am sure will help his state of mind.

2 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

According to The Guardian, he’s now been sacked ...having trouble attaching the article...

Personally not going to jump to any conclusions until I hear it directly from the club, though

Edited by JfR

1 minute ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

he was the passenger in the car, the only way Derby can terminate his contract is to pay him off if you've tried to sack him without paying him off he'll win any legal action he takes

He chose to get in a car with a drunk driver, which resulted in him being unable to partake in his job for a prolonged period of time. 

I have zero clue on the legal side, but the club wouldn’t have sacked him (and waited 1 month to do so) if they hadn’t researched it fully and came to the conclusion that they are within their right to do so

Just now, Jimmy Skitz said:

he was the passenger in the car, the only way Derby can terminate his contract is to pay him off if you've tried to sack him without paying him off he'll win any legal action he takes

What does that matter? A decision he’s made has resulted in him not being able to fulfil his contract. There’s all kinds of clauses in players contacts saying they can’t do certain activities skiing, riding a motorcycle etc. It seems harsh because the blokes car he was in is also on the books and he got a fine but he can still play. If Keogh crashes in a random persons car and not a player of our club the consensus would be it’s his own fault and he deserves the sack.

3 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

I think Cam that the way to look at this is that it is not a punishment for Keogh, its a consequence of his actions. He can no longer play because of his own actions and as such he is in a different position to Lawrence and Bennett.

Correct. He’s on a reported £25 k per week. He’s not able to play due to injury sustained. The Club offered reduced terms. He has apparently refused them. The club therefore terminate his contract. It’s not really about differential treatment as Bennett & Lawrence are able to fulfill their contracts. Keogh isn’t. That’s the harsh reality. Not good for either party. 

Edited by Ellafella

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't agree with you. Whilst we most certainly miss Keogh on the pitch I cannot help think that off the pitch he's the kind of leader we could well do without.

TBH getting rid of him might help bring about a 'culture change' at the Club?

You could be right on the culture change at the club,difficult to argue against that.

I’m not prepared to condemn Keogh simply because of the number of times I have seen him drag the team forward when we’ve been under performing.