Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

Sacked for gross misconduct. 

"Keogh is understood to feel badly let down by Derby, for whom he signed in the summer of 2012 from Coventry. He started in 316 of the club’s 330 Championship matches before the car crash, plus all 10 of their play-offs fixtures. Keogh, who was pictured on crutches at Pride Park last Wednesday, when Derby beat Wigan, has been left to begin what promises to be an arduous rehabilitation on his own."

Lol. How badly let down do DCFC feel by their captain (as was)?!

6 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

So the 2 main culprits have been given a fine and are already back in the team and playing like nothing happened, but the passenger who's already suffered the most is now being threatened with being sacked? Sure he's the captain and should know better, but if you're exploring the possibility of sacking him then you should have probably done that with the other 2 as well.

The other 2 idiots are fit to work, Keogh isn’t fit to work due to his poor decision. 
If a member of my staff made themselves unfit for work and incapable of their daily duties caused by a similar scenario. I wouldn’t be paying them to stay at home, they’d get their marching orders. Richard Keogh should be no different. 
I wouldn’t pay him a cent until he’s fit to return to work and the other 2 should consider themselves lucky they avoided injury and are available for selection. 

Not quite sure how I feel about the decision yet, especially as things may have gone on that we don’t know about.

However, if this quote is genuine from the club, it makes a mockery of the fact that we’ve welcomed Lawrence and Bennett back into the fold, despite them being the only ones who put “themselves, their colleagues and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse”.

18 minutes ago, jono said:

That is one opinion. There is the possibility of other legal arguments. Such as him knowingly getting in the car with those under the influences and as club captain there is a written or unwritten  responsibility to behave in a certain way. Such behaviour standards may well be in his contract.  You MAY be right but you aren’t right for sure. Any action by any party gets tested in the courts. You can’t possibly know, and nor can I because we don’t know what is in the contracts. 

I reckon Mel thinks we couldn't be much worse off even if it goes to court and we lose (or settle out of court).

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not quite sure how I feel about the decision yet, especially as things may have gone on that we don’t know about.

However, if this quote is genuine from the club, it makes a mockery of the fact that we’ve welcomed Lawrence and Bennett back into the fold, despite them being the only ones who put “themselves, their colleagues and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse”.

Could of course be some negotiation brinkmanship that went wrong.

“The club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute."

I assume we’ll see the other two sacked, seeing as they were more guilty of this reasoning?

Crap club. 

I still can't believe we let 2 drink drivers that caused life-changing injuries to a passenger who they left without treatment for 45 mins, just walk straight back into the team. 

People now talking about leadership. There isn't any at this club.

Agree with the club on Keogh's wages. Disagree strongly on Lawrence and Bennett.

Edited by Norman