Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

Not read all the way through this so apologies if someone's already made this point, but dcfc won't have a leg to stand on (if you pardon the pun!) If Keogh takes them to a tribunal. Understand why they've sacked him but can't have one rule for one and not for the others just because it suits dcfc. Pretty certain he'll get to either see out his contract on current terms or they'll settle for a figure somewhere in between.

That is why I always try to read every post before commenting!  ?

1 minute ago, SamUltraRam said:

What might this mean for the already fragile Lawrence ? Knowing that his actions have cost his team mate his career, he might struggle to come to terms with this.

Also, Keogh has bound to have some of the players on his side so will they spit their dummies out ?

What a mess

Could lead to a mass clear out that a lot of us crave

I doubt Mel has initiated this without legal advice,  advice from people far more experienced than the majority of us on here, probably all of us.

It is sad, but ultimately he is paid to do a job which he cannot do, not through injury caused by his occupation but injury caused by his negligence outside of work.

How many of us would be happy to pay someone in our employ full wages for a long period of time for something similar? 

I don't know what the defence will be when the others have not been sacked, perhaps just the fact they didn't injure themselves.

I think most certainly his career is now over which is a massive shame.

Just now, Paul71 said:

I doubt Mel has initiated this without legal advice,  advice from people far more experienced than the majority of us on here, probably all of us.

It is sad, but ultimately he is paid to do a job which he cannot do, not through injury caused by his occupation but injury caused by his negligence outside of work.

How many of us would be happy to pay someone in our employ full wages for a long period of time for something similar? 

I don't know what the defence will be when the others have not been sacked, perhaps just the fact they didn't injure themselves.

I think most certainly his career is now over which is a massive shame.

Might get a season at Burton to finish off.

40 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

Fact is that he cannot fulfil his contractual duty of playing football for DCFC due to being an absolute dick. 
He therefore has effectively terminated his own contract.

That's true mi owd... ya have ta be careful wot tha sez ta employer cause if you arnt able or fit ta do job ya wa took on to do they can finish thee. 

Firstly how dreadfully sad this is for a man who gave everything he could on the pitch for many years 

I assume the club offered alternative employment which was turned down following an investigation and disciplinary hearing where there will be facts we are simply not party to.

the other two players have been through a similar process and their punishment has been previously documented and accepted 

and the finish up - what a dreadful situation for the club to have to deal with.

6 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

Not read all the way through this so apologies if someone's already made this point, but dcfc won't have a leg to stand on (if you pardon the pun!) If Keogh takes them to a tribunal. Understand why they've sacked him but can't have one rule for one and not for the others just because it suits dcfc. Pretty certain he'll get to either see out his contract on current terms or they'll settle for a figure somewhere in between.

Depends what is in his contract and precisely what happened. We don't know either of those things so it's all pure speculation. 

4 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

Two points

1,He has made himself unemployable, so a tribunal might well find in the club's favour.

2,The maximum payout a tribunal can order is £50k. If they have to take a £50k hit to save over a million, I think they might just take the risk.

Keough wouldn't go near a tribunal for that reason. What he'll do is try to sue for unfair dismissal. 

7 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

How many times has he crawled into the back of a team mates car?  Not saying this is fact but maybe there is more to the misconduct than just this isolated event

4 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I know what your saying but they are both fit to play so like it or not they are capable of doing the job the club pays them for.

This is it in a nutshell.

Keogh is not fit and available to do his job due to his own recklessness. The other two are.

No employer would pay £25k per week (£2.2m total) to an employee who couldn't work due to their own out-of-hours stupidity.

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Ultimately whatever you think of the clubs actions here Keogh is in this position because of his own actions, nobody elses.

That’s true but Bennett and Lawrence continue to be part of the team. Keogh is a scapegoat for some reason. Crazy decision all round. 

19 minutes ago, caymanram said:

The offer of a reduced wage prior to the sacking seriously undermines the Club’s legal position and case with this...

I'm pretty sure the reduced wages offer would have been made "Without Prejudice" i.e. cannot be used against them in any subsequent legal action. At least I hope it was for Mel's sake....

Derby's statement read: "Derby County Football Club has completed the disciplinary hearing regarding Richard Keogh in respect of his involvement in the events of Tuesday, September 24th.

"As a result of that process, Mr Keogh has had his contract terminated with immediate effect for gross misconduct. He has the right of appeal within 14 days.

"As we have said from the outset, the Club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute.

"The club will be making no further comment at this time regards this matter, until the conclusion of any potential appeal."

From The Telegraph, but where did they get the statement from, or was it just released to the press?

The club are perfectly correct in this decision and I fully support them.

These modern players are living in cuckoo land. 

If Keogh had anything about him he would show some humility and be doing everything he could to repair the damage he has done to the club.

Refusing to take a pay cut instead of begging for forgiveness makes me think he'd be better suited to the House of Commons than Pride Park.

If he has been on £25,000 a week for the past few years he should be set up for life and if he isn't, well that's his fault. Either way, if it was me, I would be doing anything to restore my own & the clubs reputation, including working for nothing, if necessary.

We all make mistakes and believe you me, I've made plenty, but it's how you right the wrongs and learn from them that matters.

These players need to understand how privileged they are and start behaving accordingly.

No sympathy for the bloke at all now. Good riddance. 

UTR