Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

he was the passenger in the car, the only way Derby can terminate his contract is to pay him off if you've tried to sack him without paying him off he'll win any legal action he takes

That is one opinion. There is the possibility of other legal arguments. Such as him knowingly getting in the car with those under the influences and as club captain there is a written or unwritten  responsibility to behave in a certain way. Such behaviour standards may well be in his contract.  You MAY be right but you aren’t right for sure. Any action by any party gets tested in the courts. You can’t possibly know, and nor can I because we don’t know what is in the contracts. 

I don't see Keogh has much of a choice in this one. It's not like he can pick up another club whilst his leg is knackered.

I also don't believe you can compare his punishment to the other two culprits, Keogh is a more senior player and the captain of the team. Out of everyone involved he should have been the one telling the lads to either call it a night before it got out of hand or get in a taxi.

Bennett is a young lad and young lads are liable to make mistakes, Lawrence has had some tough times recently and this might just be an aftershock of that. Whilst they don't excuse their behaviour they are likely to have been factors in the clubs thinking regarding any punishments.

Keogh is a bloke in his mid 30's in a position of authority within the club. He should be dealing with the whole situation a lot better.

EDIT: As I typed this I see that he has been sacked. I don't agree we should have been so hasty to sack him, but I do believe he should have taken a pay cut.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

7 minutes ago, jono said:

That is one opinion. There is the possibility of other legal arguments. Such as him knowingly getting in the car with those under the influences and as club captain there is a written or unwritten  responsibility to behave in a certain way. Such behaviour standards may well be in his contract.  You MAY be right but you aren’t right for sure. Any action by any party gets tested in the courts. You can’t possibly know, and nor can I because we don’t know what is in the contracts. 

Also Percys article earlier stated he didnt wear s belt which must have come out during the investigation, therefore another bit of stupidity against Keogh that the club cannot be blamed for & could potentially use in any court appeal

8 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Is it only me who feels really sad about this? I know he shouldn’t have got drunk, got in the car etc, but what an awful way for his time at Derby to end ?

My thoughts if true, tragic way for one of our longest serving players to end his time with our club.

There is very little good coming of this saga, regardless of what anybody thinks of Keogh’s playing skills.