Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Sam_Brown said:

I posted here a few times last season during the business end. You guys are doing well this season so far. Whats the secret to your success so far?

We're quite good at home and even when outmatched against superior teams, for all his faults, Warne has built a really strong defence so we can often stay in games despite being under the cosh.

If you didn’t enjoy that, just give up on football. 
Cash - welcome back.

Ozoh was an absolute beast today. He’s learned very quickly how to shield the ball. First game he lost it a lot: today no-one took it off him.

Goudmijn - no doubting his quality but I had worried he might not be strong enough or consistent enough. That worry has gone. Look at the replay for how annoyed he was for missing that chance, but he still had the nerve and composure to have another go.

Yates was full of tricks.

Jackson real end to end. Remember when we thought Knight had an engine? He looked very pedestrian in comparison. 

That’s what I want from my team. Work hard for each other, plenty of quality, and resolute. Well done Paul Warne for pulling that together

A few comments from Bristol City fans:

We had no answer to the physicality of Derby and by then end they appeared to be superior in their fitness also.

Warne just schooled Manning in that second half, he identified our weaknesses, I clearly felt he said "takes shots from outside the box if you have to" because they did and it caused so many problems.

Warne = experienced and successful manager who has achieved promotions and is straight-talking.

What have they done to Jason Knight? Seemed a completely different player!

Very good and enjoyable performance. Proves we are competitive when on top of our game. One swallow doesn’t make a summer and all that, but if we play like that more often than not then we should be OK. 

Edited by LazloW

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Why have they done to Jason Knight? Seemed a completely different player!

Very good and enjoyable performance. Proves we are competitive when on top of our game. One swallow doesn’t make a summer and all that, but if we play like that more often than not then we should be OK. 

Knight and Bird were always a bit leightweight at Derby. Ozoh and Adams dominated them today.

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Why have they done to Jason Knight? Seemed a completely different player!

200.gif