Match Thread: vs Blackpool (h)

Not a classic performance by any stretch but we are walking wounded and the effort is there. Think the team Warne put out was about the best we could have done in the circumstances. Goal worthy of winning game, too. 

Don’t think anyone particularly played poorly, could just tell how tired some were second half. Washington was shot by half time, CBT (played pretty well) was knackered, Ward tired, NML was walking wounded. 

24 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sounds like Bolton were very fortunate to get a point today.  

Carlisle 4 points from Peterbrough and Stevanage scoring 5.  Have they decided they're not going to be s**** anymore in time for a trip to Pride Park.  

Hopefully by the time Carlisle turn up the job is done and we can chill out 

Just a comment on the substitutions of people playing quite well - we have a rather important game on Tuesday evening. Particularly in respect of CBT, he hasn't had much game time and was hobbling a bit.

And on the attendance - if she had already got a ticket, then she would have been counted in that total @MackworthRamIsGod. We cleared that up at SCG earlier this month.

Oh, and I believe! 

P.G Wodehouse from the directors box.

The Rams, dashed onto the verdant stage of Pride Park this fine afternoon, their hearts aflutter with the prospect of securing three points to solidify their automatic promotion berth. Despite their lengthy injury roster, the lineup boasted an air of resplendence that would make even the most stoic of fans tip their hats to the physio team in admiration.

NML, akin to a modern-day Lazarus, had risen from the infirmary to grace the field, while CBT took his place amongst the starting eleven. Memories of Blackpool’s prior triumph in August lingered like the faint aroma of mulligatawny soup in a humble eatery—a dish best left unstirred.

With a collective determination to erase the memory of their lacklustre performance at Northampton, the Rams elevated their game to dizzying heights. Bradley, orchestrating affairs from the stands with the flair of a seasoned conductor, directed the stewards with a whirl of his arms.

Then, in a moment that shall be etched in the annals of footballing lore, Adams seized upon a loose ball at the precipice of the penalty area, unleashing a half-volley of such precision and velocity that it nestled, like a contented dormouse, into the top corner of the net, a goal that clinched victory for the Rams.

But it was then all hands to the pumps with Cashin and Nelson, akin to gladiators of old, forming an impregnable wall alongside the stalwart trio of Wildsmith, Ward, and Sibley. And lo, the Birmingham Buffalo strode the field with a majesty befitting of ancient monarchs.

As the final whistle heralded relief and jubilation in equal measure, Warne, the tactical maestro, engaged in a spirited dance with Ebou at the centre circle—a spectacle reminiscent of the finest ballroom extravaganzas. Let us now set our sights on Tuesday’s encounter with Pompey, dear reader, and may we waltz past them with the grace and finesse of true champions. Up the Rams!

Fine win against a team who came to play which made for an entertaining game. Whole team put in a real shift despite several being below full fitness. How Adam’s puts in such a performance whilst not eating or drinking during daylight is astonishing. The wide players really put in a shift with CBT looking like the player we expected. Wilson was a real problem for them at RB. Sibley again good at LB and Cash and Nelson are imperious. 
Smith was my MoM his positional sense was excellent and Wildsmith has hit a rich vein of form since returning. Washington worked hard and made some good runs despite a lack of match fitness. All the subs then put in a shift and we saw the game out easily. Finally the support was great again, a win which makes the win against Bolton even more significant given results elsewhere. 
B4 would be ultra optimistic Pompy we are coming for you 😁 COY🐏

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just a comment on the substitutions of people playing quite well - we have a rather important game on Tuesday evening. Particularly in respect of CBT, he hasn't had much game time and was hobbling a bit.

And on the attendance - if she had already got a ticket, then she would have been counted in that total @MackworthRamIsGod. We cleared that up at SCG earlier this month.

Oh, and I believe! 

I believe @MackworthRamIsGod too. He doesn't seem the type to make something up like that. I know we've entered the make or break time of the season but his wife has taken it too literally. 

What a weird game. A lot of tactics and mind games between managers I reckon. Why did we sit so deep, let them have the ball ? Yet, with it, they didn’t seem very scary did they ? A fair few individual errors, tried a few things early on that didn’t come off, then we got all “safe” with no panache or zip;  but giving the walking wounded thing, maybe that was inevitable ?
Loads of effort from all the lads. Beautiful technique and finish from Adams, well deserved MOTM. That was a certified belter of a goal and worthy to win any match anywhere. CBT’s performance was very encouraging and I  thought Smith had an excellent game.. All the subs made a difference, Tommo’s energy,  Collo’s physical presence and guile shored everything up in the last 20. 
Fussy ref, Lino made some terrible offside calls and just didn’t see others. Very poor on both lines today in my opinion.

3 precious points … it’s getting closer everyone. Keep the faith. 

what a difference a week makes.... 

the results are going in our favour! Bolton have to win every game and i think this extra game is really going to count against them at this stage. If you count today, they have 7 games in 30 days and can't slip up, plus they have Portsmouth and Peterborough....

Aldi champagne on ice.

39 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

P.G Wodehouse from the directors box.

The Rams, dashed onto the verdant stage of Pride Park this fine afternoon, their hearts aflutter with the prospect of securing three points to solidify their automatic promotion berth. Despite their lengthy injury roster, the lineup boasted an air of resplendence that would make even the most stoic of fans tip their hats to the physio team in admiration.

NML, akin to a modern-day Lazarus, had risen from the infirmary to grace the field, while CBT took his place amongst the starting eleven. Memories of Blackpool’s prior triumph in August lingered like the faint aroma of mulligatawny soup in a humble eatery—a dish best left unstirred.

With a collective determination to erase the memory of their lacklustre performance at Northampton, the Rams elevated their game to dizzying heights. Bradley, orchestrating affairs from the stands with the flair of a seasoned conductor, directed the stewards with a whirl of his arms.

Then, in a moment that shall be etched in the annals of footballing lore, Adams seized upon a loose ball at the precipice of the penalty area, unleashing a half-volley of such precision and velocity that it nestled, like a contented dormouse, into the top corner of the net, a goal that clinched victory for the Rams.

But it was then all hands to the pumps with Cashin and Nelson, akin to gladiators of old, forming an impregnable wall alongside the stalwart trio of Wildsmith, Ward, and Sibley. And lo, the Birmingham Buffalo strode the field with a majesty befitting of ancient monarchs.

As the final whistle heralded relief and jubilation in equal measure, Warne, the tactical maestro, engaged in a spirited dance with Ebou at the centre circle—a spectacle reminiscent of the finest ballroom extravaganzas. Let us now set our sights on Tuesday’s encounter with Pompey, dear reader, and may we waltz past them with the grace and finesse of true champions. Up the Rams!

The finest match report yet!! ...'...it nestled like a contented dormouse...' priceless!!

55 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not really. They played entirely b******* and made getting top 2 harder as a result.  Could be 9 points clear of 3rd going into a very tough match.  

Ifs buts and maybes we won today and Bolton didn't so we're better off than this morning 

My take on today, yes we deserved to win, didn’t play that well but who cares at this stage of the season.

Ref was very picky and some of the offsides looked debatable 🤔

Thought Warne got team selection bang on, glad to see Smith start ahead of Hourihane.

CBT, did ok but still needs to work a lot harder for me and probably for Warne, but still could be a match winner for us. He so reminds me of Mendez Laing when he first arrived 

Wilson and Ward down the right hand side, I believe this can work and both did ok today, Ward is an unbelievable crosser of the ball, if only wede got Gayle fit to get on the end of em.

Washington looked lively but not match fit, but still a better option than Waggy

All in all 3 points with most of the others around us slipping up, so a good day at the office 👌