Finance

angieram

The club still has the corporate interview video up on FB from when CK was the preferred bidder

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=543275024035439

Funnily enough, he's talking about the complexity around the way MM had structured the club and the stadium making it harder for the deal to be sorted

It's entirely possible that, had MM not created such a rats nest of companies and structures - then CK might have been able to get the deal through quickly before anyone realised that he was a money-laundering fraud.

So thanks for that Uncle Mel 😂

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

The club still has the corporate interview video up on FB from when CK was the preferred bidder

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=543275024035439

Funnily enough, he's talking about the complexity around the way MM had structured the club and the stadium making it harder for the deal to be sorted

It's entirely possible that, had MM not created such a rats nest of companies and structures - then CK might have been able to get the deal through quickly before anyone realised that he was a money-laundering fraud.

So thanks for that Uncle Mel 😂

Nah. The deal would NEVER have been completed as the funds would still be held up by AML checks to this day (allegedly). Hell would have frozen over or we'd all be using crypto (sorry @NottsRam77. I couldn't resist) before the money arrived 😀 

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/the-amount-of-money-that-mel-morris-lost-as-derby-county-owner-has-now-been-revealed/

This is how the charlatan gets attention.

Clickbait headlines saying that the 'football finance expert' has revealed how much MM lost as Derby County owner, followed by an article where he reveals nothing and just repeats some rumours that he heard. 

His credibility gets less and less with each thing he says about our club.

10 hours ago, europia said:

Never mind 'dodging a bullet', we avoided a Precision Missile Strike 

His precision wasn’t that good given his funds ended up in mainland Europe instead of coming straight to the UK 😉

I know we joke about it now but how was he ever going to get away with it when the funds never even existed? Probably the worst that could have happened is the process could have been delayed even longer. He was never in a position to actually complete on the transaction. Makes you wonder why he ever did it.

Edited by Tamworthram

51 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

His precision wasn’t that good given his funds ended up in mainland Europe instead of coming straight to the UK 😉

I know we joke about it now but how was he ever going to get away with it when the funds never even existed? Probably the worst that could have happened is the process could have been delayed even longer. He was never in a position to actually complete on the transaction. Makes you wonder why he ever did it.

Narcissistic personality disorder imo.

On 25/01/2024 at 15:50, angieram said:

Spot on. And that is really important because it helps us in other ways.

Yet we still charge a quarter of what Sheffield Wednesday do for that aging dump of a ground! 

1997 I was working at the RR foundry, 12 of us foundry men were given matchday tickets in one of their suits, We were given the ground tour, In the changing rooms all the shirts were hanging up, Most of the lads had their pics taken with Benito Carbone's shirt on the Hook, I had mine taken with my middle finger and a smile, I never got the picture 😮 ...it was a sh!t tip then. 

I remember watching an online stream including Amanda Solloway, some Derby city councillors & Kirchner. At one point they discussed "imposter syndrome" and Kirchner admitted to sometimes having feelings of imposter syndrome. We now know why!!!

Edited by Carnero

On 26/01/2024 at 08:55, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

"Now that looks like a fit and proper person if I ever saw one!"

The EFL and Quantuma, presumably.

It’s no coincidence that the pair in Quantuma were investigated for fraud when handling Portsmouth’s admin.

On 27/01/2024 at 09:01, Tamworthram said:

Well he pulled the wool over Quantuma (how much were they paid?) and all the others, including 'trusty' local MPs. You have to wonder about these people, when all said and done, Kirchner didn't have a pot to p*** in. 

5 minutes ago, europia said:

Well he pulled the wool over Quantuma (how much were they paid?) and all the others, including 'trusty' local MPs. You have to wonder about these people, when all said and done, Kirchner didn't have a pot to p*** in. 

Actually he had $25 million in his personal account, the problem was it wasn’t his.

On 26/01/2024 at 11:26, Stive Pesley said:

Or by a nation state that butchers journalists

We can be moralistic about it now . But when we were told Mel was running the club in tandem with the Sheikh , I can’t remember many fans being up in arms . Also there weren’t many tears when £30 mills worth of tax ( taken from staff wages) for schools and hospitals , went missing. I understand what you are saying , but we have short memories .