Finance

angieram

On 23/01/2024 at 14:45, G STAR RAM said:

o in summary, KM was talking bollox when he said he wrote off £200m owed from the club, unless of course he loaned £200m to the club between 30/06/2018 and the date we went into administration, this on top of the other circa £50m of debt that he left is in at time of departure.

Morris, in his farewell interview on RD, indicated that his total written off investment in the ‘club’ was around £200m. By the ‘club’ he meant of course the Gellaw group of companies. Don’t want to defend KM obviously, but when he said MM wrote off £200m owing the ‘club’ he was probably also talking about the group 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Gellaw 202 (the stadium) and The Club are both owned by Clowes Developments. The £750k is essentially moved from the left hand to the right hand. I believe a 'real rent' has to be paid for P&S purposes.

The method of calculating the rent was outlined in the first EFL decision. It was a joke, as it assumed the stadium was a thriving venue for the likes of Beyoncé.   Never understood why EFL did not challenge the rent paid as an undervalue 

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Morris, in his farewell interview on RD, indicated that his total written off investment in the ‘club’ was around £200m. By the ‘club’ he meant of course the Gellaw group of companies. Don’t want to defend KM obviously, but when he said MM wrote off £200m owing the ‘club’ he was probably also talking about the group 

So what KM was saying is fair play to MM for writing off his investment that he had no way of recouping?

Very strange thing to say.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Slightly OTT

image.thumb.png.76ea9a9c6d7351fd3d75b93c792646ae.png

People need to get over it. He will have made mistakes, but it's clear to me he also has regrets. Despite that, and still getting abused by fans, he has stuck by the club to make amends. Quantuma felt he was worth keeping around. Clowes has made the decision to keep him as his CEO. Move on.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

People need to get over it. He will have made mistakes, but it's clear to me he also has regrets. Despite that, and still getting abused by fans, he has stuck by the club to make amends. Quantuma felt he was worth keeping around. Clowes has made the decision to keep him as his CEO. Move on.

His influence is still in the Club. Quantuma couldn't have found their own way around the mess that 'Mel' left the accounts in. But Pearce could. Clowes keeps him around, it's his choice not mine. Just as it's his Club to own, but mine to support. 

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

His influence is still in the Club. Quantuma couldn't have found their own way around the mess that 'Mel' left the accounts in. But Pearce could. Clowes keeps him around, it's his choice not mine. Just as it's his Club to own and mine to support.

Support in what way, struggling with that one.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

Support in what way, struggling with that one.

Your opinion is just that.

Oh hang on lets have another 'who is the best and biggest fan' thread. Who is worthy! 😄

Edited by RoyMac5

52 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No, no, no, Pearce is a key cog in a  conspiracy that reaches the very highest level of world governments and is overseen by the Master Overlord that is Mel Morris.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sorry, he stayed on to make amends in a job where he isn’t  being paid and he took despite many other job ops shown to him?  I do hope he is keeping exacting records of any decision that is even slightly unique for a change.  I tried to not respond but clearly couldn’t resist the bait

33 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Only worrying thing about that is that first sentence. It reads as gobbledygook. @thebaron was in such a rush to get his clickbait out, he forgot to spell check it. 🔔end. 

You know when people were debating about KM's credibility on here, it's exactly this petty name-calling that makes him appear unprofessional in my eyes.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Gellaw 202 (the stadium) and The Club are both owned by Clowes Developments. The £750k is essentially moved from the left hand to the right hand. I believe a 'real rent' has to be paid for P&S purposes.

Spot on. And that is really important because it helps us in other ways.

Yet we still charge a quarter of what Sheffield Wednesday do for that aging dump of a ground! 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

You know when people were debating about KM's credibility on here, it's exactly this petty name-calling that makes him appear unprofessional in my eyes.

Id say the fact that he, incorrectly once again, states Gellaw Newco 202 owns Derby County, tells us alot more about his credibility than any name calling. 

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

So what KM was saying is fair play to MM for writing off his investment that he had no way of recouping?

Very strange thing to say.

Not so strange 

Morris might have said: I own the stadium (worth £81m) and I’ll sell it to the purchaser of the club for £40m. Instead, he sold it to DC for £23m. 

Maguire is making the point that Morris lost a large part of his fortune and - at the end of the day - facilitated the deal with DC. A point that’s lost on most fans