Finance

angieram

18 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Perhaps that will not be such a bad outcome and we can get back to using coats and jumpers as goalposts. When I look at the local parks I don’t see the 20 a side games that used to be very common in the 1960s, it could be that footballs demise has already started?

I venture down to Sinfin Moor Park on a Sunday Morning, Quite a few under16s and lower age teams play down there, Unfortunately Derby City Council have cut back on Senior teams pitches so not sure where the adult teams play.

Yes those 20 a side and 10 half time games are finished, As no one wears jumpers now  so they have no goal posts, And the kid that was crap at the game we never see anymore as he was the only one who had the football 😁

15 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

I venture down to Sinfin Moor Park on a Sunday Morning, Quite a few under16s and lower age teams play down there, Unfortunately Derby City Council have cut back on Senior teams pitches so not sure where the adult teams play.

Yes those 20 a side and 10 half time games are finished, As no one wears jumpers now  so they have no goal posts, And the kid that was crap at the game we never see anymore as he was the only one who had the football 😁

I know this sounds like a “When I was a Lad” Story but

We used to play until it was dark on Osmaston Park or Balfour Rec there would be 2 of the kick about games in progress on a Sunday, you just joined in.

The person who owned the ball was always a very important person 😂😂

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

6 years as PL CEO, taking the role to ensure the PL seperated from the Football League, dollowed by 12 years as Liverpool CEO until 2009.

He thinks "recuse" is Will Hughes' Dad.

4 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

We used to play until it was dark on Osmaston Park or Balfour Rec there would be 2 of the kick about games in progress on a Sunday, you just joined in.

I live in breadsall estate, with a lot of greens and you never see boys playing football like the did when mine were young. Dont know if its parents not letting them play out or sitting playing video games all day. Sad really.

22 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I live in breadsall estate, with a lot of greens and you never see boys playing football like the did when mine were young. Dont know if its parents not letting them play out or sitting playing video games all day. Sad really.

Locals yelling at them not to play there because they make a little bit of noise. 

45 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

2pm after Sunday dinner, 20+ yoofs on Chadd Park, Yes jumpers for goal posts and we always had a spare ball, 10 HT then home for tea at 5pm, Nowt on telly on Sunday Night only Sunday night at the London Palladium so out cherry knocking, Cat Creeping or Scrumping in the Summer

Aye them were the days are lad 😉

Now we have wall to wall TV football from around the world, Computer games, iPhones ect ect 🙄 

6 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

2pm after Sunday dinner, 20+ yoofs on Chadd Park, Yes jumpers for goal posts and we always had a spare ball, 10 HT then home for tea at 5pm, Nowt on telly on Sunday Night only Sunday night at the London Palladium so out cherry knocking, Cat Creeping or Scrumping in the Summer

Aye them were the days are lad 😉

Now we have wall to wall TV football from around the world, Computer games, iPhones ect ect 🙄 

You had to start the game later if Derby were on Star Soccer😂

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Soccer

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

4 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

You mentioning your sons reminds me of my favourite ever forum moment - dont suppose anyone knows where it was and could repost the exchange? I would never find it 

18 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

And next goals the winner even if you was winning ten nil.

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Barnsley - £4m loss last season with a wage bill of £9.3m (97% of revenue). They finished 10 points higher than us.

So a loss of over 40% of turnover?

14 hours ago, CBRammette said:

You mentioning your sons reminds me of my favourite ever forum moment - dont suppose anyone knows where it was and could repost the exchange? I would never find it 

🤣😂he dosnt come on now, so i still wouldnt know his forum name. Think its my age😂

21 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

That'll be me, @Henrycav81, and quite possibly "your lad(s)"(?) if they were lads throughout the 70's. (60ish now).  Virtually on a daily basis, all year round.  Even Vic bloody Moreland joined us at least once!  🤣

On the very bottom green (nearest to The Paddock nowadays/the seven arches back in the day.
I noticed just the other day just how long that grass was, and how many trees are now on it!  Nowhere to lay any jumpers, even if the kids wanted to!  

Sad indeed, whatever the reason.  😢

Edited by Mucker1884

48 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

That'll be me, @Henrycav81, and quite possibly "your lad(s)"(?) if they were lads throughout the 70's. (60ish now).  Virtually on a daily basis, all year round.  Even Vic bloody Moreland joined us at least once!  🤣

On the very bottom green (nearest to The Paddock nowadays/the seven arches back in the day.
I noticed just the other day just how long that grass was, and how many trees are now on it!  Nowhere to lay any jumpers, even if the kids wanted to!  

Sad indeed, whatever the reason.  😢

Mine were a bit later than that, and played on the park by the rocket, and it is sad.