The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Wonder what Clowes would vote for

If I was to put myself in Clowes shoes, I would be saying review at the end of the season which is the norm.

Although any owner will also be sat with that trapdoor button to hand if we go through a run of games with poor results.

We're in new territory with DC and with media appearances rare, it's difficult to know where that breaking point is, 5, 10, 15 games.

4 years or not, there will be a breaking point, likewise every player, every club has a price tag.

Stuck between giving him til Christmas and out now. 

Really want it to work as he think his approach to interviews etc are refreshing. But can’t forgive him if this season ends up being a no show.

I’ve been very critical with him/the recruitment team regarding out poor forward line. Ultimately I don’t know how much input he’s got, but if we don’t get the players in or he can’t get a tune out of those we have then it’ll be him that gets the boot.  

Is there an option to take him out for a curry and a couple of pints, then back to my place where I could give him a great big man hug, a hot chocolate nightcap with cream and marshmallows, and tell him to "Hang on in there mate.  You'll be reet.  Are you ok with George Benson, or would you prefer something a little more soothing?"

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is there an option to take him out for a curry and a couple of pints, then back to my place where I could give him a great big man hug, a hot chocolate nightcap with cream and marshmallows, and tell him to "Hang on in there mate.  You'll be reet.  Are you ok with George Benson, or would you prefer something a little more soothing?"

At least you wine and dine him before you take him home for unrequested, inappropriate physical contact. 

6 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Yes cos it's not possible that someone could make a simple mistake.  Was literally just looking at the weather forecast for Saturdays game so had Peterborough on the mind.

Wish I could be as perfect as you pal.  🙂

Yes you're right I'm sorry.

Though having a fixation about Peterborough is worrying on a totally separate level 😏

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

I want to see the end of the transfer window, then see what we’re looking like  by October time. Not really an option for that. 

Yeah I might have voted for a 'October International' vote choice. But out now gives someone else chance this window/loan period. 

For those voting to review at the end of the season, if we're not up do you sack him? 

6 minutes ago, David said:

If I was to put myself in Clowes shoes, I would be saying review at the end of the season which is the norm.

Although any owner will also be sat with that trapdoor button to hand if we go through a run of games with poor results.

We're in new territory with DC and with media appearances rare, it's difficult to know where that breaking point is, 5, 10, 15 games.

4 years or not, there will be a breaking point, likewise every player, every club has a price tag.

Had he not made the call to get rid of Rosenior and bring Warne in, I'd have assumed he'd be nowhere near getting twitchy. But that decision was pretty ruthless (I agreed with it), so it wouldn't suprise me if he gets rid if we don't improve.

Went with being on the edge of wanting him out. I really hope he can turn it around, but there's not much he's done in the past 4 or 5 months to fill me with confidence that he will. Warne's teams are supposed to out work everyone; he pretty much told us that himself, but at the end of last season and the beginning of this, more often than not I find myself thinking 'the opponent just seemed to want it more' and by the 70th minute our lot are out on their feet.

And it's still crazy to me that he watched us last season, and after losing McGoldrick decided that moving our next biggest threat NML away from the wing, without massively improving the forward areas with signings, was the move to make.

10 minutes ago, David said:

I hear you as well, although you're trying to answer a different question to what's being asked. 

I'm looking at his time as manager, do some believe it's up now, or are they prepared to give him more time.

I wouldn't say I'm particularly convinced he will get us promoted either, at the same time I've not questioned if we're nearing enough is enough as he hasn't had anywhere near the time with his own players to prove his worth.

We could go on and lose the next 10 and that will turn all this on it's head, it's football.

Haha, I thought I was trying to answer the question you asked! 🤣

OK, for the avoidance of doubt: "Christmas will be the time to review his position (because in the meantime I'm not convinced he's going to get it right and I don't think he should be booted out right now on that basis)". You can disregard the bit in brackets as you see fit 😜

End of the season for me. If we go up, he's completed part one of the job. Part two will be to stabilise and reestablish back into the championship. Part three to become a competitive top team again. 

If he fails gaining promotion this season, I can't see him ever doing part two and three. Rotherham stayed up for the first time in years with a different manager than Warne. But if we go up, he deserves the chance to try to keep us there.

2 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

At least you wine and dine him before you take him home for unrequested, inappropriate physical contact. 

Due to production restraints, I have not given you the highlights of the whole evening, including the time spent together openly in publicly accessible situations and locations before reaching "my place". 
How the hell then, you have come to the conclusion that the evening involved any actions fairly considered as "unrequested" and/or "Inappropriate" is both beyond my comprehension, and moreover, is a slur on my previous good character... and indeed that of our dear friend and football club manager, Mr Warne.
I hereby demand that you retract such unwarranted allegations forthwith. 

I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt for a few more games, and voted "on the edge" rather than "out now". But the issues are:

• the collapse in form at the end of last season, with the poor form running on into this;
  • his inability to attract decent signings;
  • my failure to see where we're heading and how things are going to get better.

Top bloke, but it may be he's being found out.

I like how he is trying to get us move the ball more quickly, and get it forward more quickly, but he's obviously (to me) wrong in the personnel he's choosing and how he's deploying them.

I wish I could recall who it was, but there was an interview with another League One manager on the radio earlier in the season or pre-season, where they mentioned Paul Warne and his impressive promotion record at Rotherham. The other manager scoffed, saying he didn't think it impressive at all. That Rotherham were simply that size of club, largely too good for League One, but not good enough for the Championship, and that Warne had little impact. Whoever it was also said Derby were effectively "a monster" in League One, but as yet there isn't any evidence of that. We are underperforming.

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Had he not made the call to get rid of Rosenior and bring Warne in, I'd have assumed he'd be nowhere near getting twitchy. But that decision was pretty ruthless (I agreed with it), so it wouldn't suprise me if he gets rid if we don't improve.

I don't see that as "getting rid", let's not forget Rosenior was only a caretaker manager, the job was never his. If I recall correctly he was offered to continue his role in the back room team but chose to leave.

We're still awaiting his first proper sacking which will include paying off a contract.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I voted to review at Christmas time, if the performances and results have not improved much (like I expect that they will) then there's still time to rescue a play off place with a management change.

As things stand I'm still firmly "Warne In" but the standard of performance certainly needs to improve.

Voted end of season review , that is of course barring disaster in terms of being dire and miles off the pace,

for me the question is can he adjust from the mentality at Rotherham to the one at derby , for me there’s no doubt it’s a different skill set and motivation methods plus far more media microscope to negotiate 🤷‍♂️

let’s see if he can step up