The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

End of season but that is really only because of the way the squad has been built.

Would be happy to give him more time if there seemed to be any semblance of long term planning. As it is all the pressure comes from whoever has signed the players in my opinion. My feeling is that most of the signings are his

I’m in the underwhelmed category. Preseason optimism gone and replaced with meh.
Next two results against potential top 6 teams will show whether he’s able to get the team to gel and start beating or getting positive results against the so called better teams.

I’m wary of letting him continue culling the good first teamers and replacing with reserves from elsewhere.  Downward spiral. If he’s going to be let go of then the sooner the better.

Edited by strawhillram

27 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

End of the season for me. If we go up, he's completed part one of the job. Part two will be to stabilise and reestablish back into the championship. Part three to become a competitive top team again. 

If he fails gaining promotion this season, I can't see him ever doing part two and three. Rotherham stayed up for the first time in years with a different manager than Warne. But if we go up, he deserves the chance to try to keep us there.

Co-incidence surely? 😄

Thing is if he's not successful at the end of the season the next manager gets a 'free hit' all next season, and if...

After seeing how close we came last season with almost no resources or effort then I am inclined to say he's not the right manager now. But I might be wrong. 😄

5 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Be interesting to do the same poll again if we lose the next two difficult away games.

I agree that the poll has come a little early, but win, lose or draw those games, perhaps the poll can be re-run by @David as I think our performance in those two games will produce a discernible mood shift. We need to be able to beat a ‘decent’ team.

I've had to be honest.

Whilst my head says give him the rest of the season, I know how I'll be feeling if I am watching the same level of football over the next few weeks.

So I've voted to review at Christmas, whilst hoping there won't be a need to review because we have massively improved in the meantime. I still think one or two of the right type of signings and that could happen. 

Just now, Curtains said:

Oh dear .

Lets have one after every game 

The point is I bet a few people were caught between two options. We’re off the back of a win so maybe that’s bought him some slack. Lose against posh and Bolton and irrespective that they’re good teams I bet some people’s opinions would change.

Plus giving him up Christmas is hardly Paul Warne til I die.

Just now, oodledoodle said:

You seem really upset that some fans are unhappy with the state of things on the pitch at the moment. What do you put last season's collapse and this season's limping start down to?

Small squad last season burnt out. 

Early days this season