The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes this is another Paul Warne thread...with a poll.

If you do not see an option that I have covered in the poll, apologies, simply click/press show results.

Just for the record, I will publicly admit to voting "Not even close to questioning his future at Derby.", so this topic has not been created from an anti Warne viewpoint here to stick the boot in.

However there is clearly some discontent out there with the job he is doing at the club, just interested to know at what level, is it the vocal minority or is he really up against it with us.

Obviously this poll only covers a tiny fraction of the fanbase that have registered to use this forum, it may not reflect the wider fanbase.

Just allows those that prefer to sit back and read, have their say without getting into any debate.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Finding this difficult.

If there was an option for: Don’t think we should sack him but not convinced he’s going to get it right, i’d probably give it my vote 

Hear you, but if you're not convinced he's going to get it right, wouldn't it be best he left with immediate effect and allow us to replace him with someone that can?

Or even on the edge would cover that viewpoint.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Finding this difficult.

If there was an option for: Don’t think we should sack him but not convinced he’s going to get it right, i’d probably give it my vote 

Similarly:

"If he felt he couldn't take us any further and wanted to step aside without requiring his contract to be paid off, I wouldn't lose too much sleep, but otherwise he's entitled to more time."

Just now, David said:

Hear you, but if you're not convinced he's going to get it right, wouldn't it be best he left with immediate effect and allow us to replace him with someone that can?

That's a bit of a leap - especially as the last part of that option says "Simply not good enough" which is definitely not the same thing as what @Nuwtfly wrote.

Just now, jameso said:

That's a bit of a leap - especially as the last part of that option says "Simply not good enough" which is definitely not the same thing as what @Nuwtfly wrote.

It's not really though is it, ok simply not good enough may not apply, however leaving with immediate effect would be the best possible outcome? Why continue with a manager that you are not convinced by, would that not be wasting everyones time?

Either way, as I said in the OP If you do not see an option that I have covered in the poll, apologies, simply click/press show results. 

It's literally impossible to cover every single opinion with the correct wording for every member, you think you covered everything and then someone else would come up with something new.

Hovered between 'out now' and 'don't think he'll get it right'.

Went for 'out now', Happy Year Anniversary nearly isn't?

At no time, bar really early on at the post-Rosenior period, has he really looked like he wants to play 'passing football' or introduce our youngsters. So yeah if I could sack him today I would, enough is enough.

#COYR

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, David said:

It's not really though is it, ok simply not good enough may not apply, however leaving with immediate effect would be the best possible outcome? Why continue with a manager that you are not convinced by, would that not be wasting everyones time?

Either way, as I said in the OP If you do not see an option that I have covered in the poll, apologies, simply click/press show results. 

It's literally impossible to cover every single opinion with the correct wording for every member, you think you covered everything and then someone else would come up with something new.

I don’t envy anyone trying to design the perfect poll but I’ll dig my heels in on the point you made earlier: how many Rams managers have you been “convinced he’s going to get it right” and would it have been fair to say that, for all the ones you didn’t feel that way about, you thought they should leave immediately?

In contrast wouldn’t someone saying “I’m not convinced” be more likely to say “give him until… (Christmas/May etc)… I’ll be happy if my intuition is wrong”?

(Which is pretty much my view on the matter at present, even if I’m in a minority of one!)

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's a bit sad that we're criticising his record in the transfer market et al but we don't even know what clubs he's managed before he joined us. And it's only 1. 

You know - that one he relegated twice and gets 100% of his players from 😜

1 minute ago, jameso said:

I don’t envy anyone trying to design the perfect poll but I’ll dig my heels in on the point you made earlier: how many Rams managers have you been “convinced he’s going to get it right” and would it have been fair to say that, for all the ones you didn’t feel that way about, you thought they should leave immediately?

In contrast wouldn’t someone saying “I’m not convinced” be more likely to say “give him until… (Christmas/May etc)… I’ll be happy if my intuition is wrong”?

(Which is pretty much my view on the matter at present, even if I’m in a minority of one!)

I hear you as well, although you're trying to answer a different question to what's being asked. 

I'm looking at his time as manager, do some believe it's up now, or are they prepared to give him more time.

I wouldn't say I'm particularly convinced he will get us promoted either, at the same time I've not questioned if we're nearing enough is enough as he hasn't had anywhere near the time with his own players to prove his worth.

We could go on and lose the next 10 and that will turn all this on it's head, it's football.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's a bit sad that we're criticising his record in the transfer market et al but we don't even know what clubs he's managed before he joined us. And it's only 1. 

Yes cos it's not possible that someone could make a simple mistake.  Was literally just looking at the weather forecast for Saturdays game so had Peterborough on the mind.

Wish I could be as perfect as you pal.  🙂