The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The squad would never have compared to the promoted teams after administration would it !

It was good enough for the Play Off lottery, we've won that game before. Warne says failure didn't he so he thought it was good enough!

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Can I ask the leave immediately people who pays up his 4 year contract !

The club.

It will be cheaper to get rid, than another failure to get out of League One. Only last week you were seriously questioning his signings. How much more money are you happy for Warne to waste?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Due to production restraints, I have not given you the highlights of the whole evening, including the time spent together openly in publicly accessible situations and locations before reaching "my place". 
How the hell then, you have come to the conclusion that the evening involved any actions fairly considered as "unrequested" and/or "Inappropriate" is both beyond my comprehension, and moreover, is a slur on my previous good character... and indeed that of our dear friend and football club manager, Mr Warne.
I hereby demand that you retract such unwarranted allegations forthwith. 

I’m sure his experience with you will leave him feeling you’re a “good character” and he’ll happily accept your advances. 

I’ve voted for ’leave immediately’. I’ve never rated him, was very disappointed when we appointed him and think he is way out of his depth at a club like this. He is tactically poor, the football is awful and the continual playing of players out of position to fit his ‘system’ speaks volumes for how limited he is. I don’t even trust him to spend the clubs money wisely on incoming transfers so I would not lose any sleep if he was to be dismissed tomorrow. 

23 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Not a particularly good comment if you consider the owner of our football club. Then again he’s one of our millionaires.

He wouldn't be so stupid as to plough his hard earned into a risky venture that could sink lower than he ever imagined, while trusting a skipper he didn't really know, would he?

Voted to assess at Christmas, but that seems a bit far off really. When do the supermarkets start selling advent calenders, can we call it at that? 

In the meantime I'm going to give him a knighthood. SIR Paul Warne, how does that sound?

Serious Improvement Required.

I'll put a more specific target on it - top 10 at the start of November, with signs of tactical learning and us not just relying on crap teams being unable to capitalise on our mistakes. If we're languishing around 12th-16th it'll probably be quite clear that the season isn't going anywhere good, and it'll be time to say sayonara.

If at any point after a considerable number of games we drop to 18th or below, immediate departure.

Edited by Kokosnuss

I think after listening to his recent comments,he's realised he's dropped a bolac,and he doesn't look to have an answer, the injuries have magnified the problem.if we don't get a pacey striker he should go and let someone else try to sort out the mess,or we are going nowhere this season, and the crowds will dwindle,as will the finances and we will be stuck in this God awful league  for the foreseeable future.so my vote is option 2

Come on you stats people, who is gonna do it?

How to Calculate Statistical Significance

Determine what you'd like to test.

Determine your hypothesis.

Start collecting data.

Calculate Chi-Squared results.

Calculate your expected results.

See how your results differ from what you expected.

Find your sum.

Report on statistical significance to your teams.

Before he sells Bird and Cashin, and drives out Rooney and Thompson through lack of playing time, replacing them by 33+ year old journeymen.

Said before... Seems a nice enough guy but I don't think he's the right manager for our club. I'm far from convinced by his tactics and team selection.

Voted "on the edge, not yet 100% against him" but it's getting closer every game.

Edited by IslandExile

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Before he sells Bird and Cashin, and drives out Rooney and Thompson through lack of playing time, replacing them by 33+ year old journeymen...

This.

We all thought that we'd be signing players in Warne's 23-28 age bracket or whatever it was, not more old stagers with nowhere left to go (other than Waggy who is now a snip!).

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Small squad last season burnt out. 

Early days this season 

A small squad by choice. Warne thought Collins and McGoldrick would be enough to see us through the season. He also chose not to spread the minutes around between more of the players in the squad (Rooney and Thompson), including the two players he did choose to sign in January (White and Springett). Nor did he use any U21s, despite several having Championship experience for the club. His team selection also resulted in our 3rd choice CF being recalled, and sold a promising (albeit injury prone) forwardwho could have helped lighten the load for our aging forwards.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A small squad by choice. Warne thought Collins and McGoldrick would be enough to see us through the season. He also chose not to spread the minutes around between more of the players in the squad (Rooney and Thompson), including the two players he did choose to sign in January (White and Springett). Nor did he use any U21s, despite several having Championship experience for the club. His team selection also resulted in our 3rd choice CF being recalled, and sold a promising (albeit injury prone) forwardwho could have helped lighten the load for our aging forwards.

Sorry which forward did he sell? You’ve lost me on that one.

I’ve gone for end of the season and tbh this has always been my position. It’s nearly half way through his contract having had a full season with his squad. It would be the right time to review. My expectation before a ball was kicked is promotion and if we don’t achieve it then his position should be under review, Clowes would have to be confident if he doesn’t deliver it this season he will next and also be confident that no one else available will be able to do better with equivalent backing.

Ive been concerned by the early weeks of the season, the squad is short - is that Warne or the recruitment team, or Clowes or the EFL? No one knows those who pay the blame at Warne are doing so because it suits their narrative - if we’re in October the football hasn’t improved and we’re towards the bottom then i would likely change to review at Christmas or out now.

I like him, i want him to succeed. I felt last season he played a mix of direct and passing football that at home especially was good to watch. We missed out because the squad was short - he signed the players he could in January let’s face it with the restrictions to improve the squad in January was impossible - to that end last season was a free pass and while he didn’t do badly missing out on playoffs was disappointing. My only gripe was the lack of game time he gave to Thompson and Rooney - maybe they could’ve been better utilised which might have made a small difference. 

I think he will get us into the championship given time and that should our minimum expectation of him. The real test then is can he be the manager who gets us competing at the sharp end of the championship, this will require further development from him as a manager and smart recruitment considering we don’t have a pot to piss in. I hope he does but the jury is out as to whether he would be the right man in the championship . 

It’s easy to say we should replace Warne now, but let’s remember it would be the people who appointed him and wanted him to be at the heart of the club’s long term plan who would be tasked with this.

If they can make this mistake once, what is there to stop them from doing it again?