The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Torn between not even close and the end of the season, went with not even close in the end.  Largely because I want to see us give a manager time to build his team as I think chopping and changing rarely works.  To do that I think PW needs a season without any EFL business plan, support from a recruitment team that’s had a year to identify players to suit his way and the opportunity to reinvest funds generated.

I’m prepared to accept that it will be a bumpy ride in the short term but it may be beneficial in the long term.  It also doesn’t mean I’ll be happy with everything he says or does.

1 hour ago, David said:

Hear you, but if you're not convinced he's going to get it right, wouldn't it be best he left with immediate effect and allow us to replace him with someone that can?

Or even on the edge would cover that viewpoint.

Well, as you well know @David, I don't always call it correctly when it comes to managers 😉 

But really my reasons for wanting that option were:

1) Sacking a manager this early in the season, when the window isn't even shut, and he's been able to do all the recruitment, isn't a smart thing for a football club to do

2) I'm not convinced he's a very good manager and I'm not convinced he's going to get it right with us but ultimately I don't think that means he shouldn't be given the time to prove that, right or wrong

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And how Warne changed things around and we then didn't, and ended the season as failures according to Warney.

Because we ran out of steam with a small old squad .

Plymouth ,Ipswich and Sheff We’d were better than us and had established squads 

Until Christmas for me but even that could be shortened if we don’t play better …

By playing better I mean dominating games and controlling games with supposed better players than the opposition rather than a lottery let’s see who scores first will probably win 

please let’s see some decent football but I won’t hold my breath !!

ps still like him as a person though !👍🏻