Twitching

i-Ram

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Which as it stands, it actually is. And last I checked, the season isn't for nearly a month, and Warne has said 4-5 signings still and Wilson signed since. So chill your jets, and don't interpret people's words to suit whatever your pre-determined position is.

My “Pre determined position” is that I am a long term season ticket holder in the South stand , plus an Away member . I have never booed or left early . I will be right behind the manager and team, whatever. Am I allowed to have an opinion ?

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

So you would be happy to go into next season with what we have . That’s fine , but let’s have no moaning or booing 10 games in.

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

My “Pre determined position” is that I am a long term season ticket holder in the South stand , plus an Away member . I have never booed or left early . I will be right behind the manager and team, whatever. Am I allowed to have an opinion ?

These two statements feel a little contradictory, but never mind.

Of course, you're allowed to have an opinion, and you have expressed it. Srg is also allowed to disagree with it, and don't start with the 'more fan than you' thing. It's so boring.

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

These two statements feel a little contradictory, but never mind.

Of course, you're allowed to have an opinion, and you have expressed it. Srg is also allowed to disagree with it, and don't start with the 'more fan than you' thing. It's so boring.

He said I have a pre determined position.Not true. It would be strange if we all agreed. Sorry if I bored you.

Matej Vydra was signed on 7th August 2015 - he was the first permanent signing of that summer window.

The current Derby management team give every indication that a patient and cohesive transfer strategy is being followed.

7 new players have already walked through the door, with the likelihood of a handful more to follow. We'll be in good shape by the time kick off arrives.

I think we are in a really good place.

Warne is building the squad in his image. He has been backed and his vision has been backed but in a sensible way that won’t endanger the club’s future.

Of course there is still work to be done and of course we have to see how it translates on the pitch but the signs look good to me.

Are we clear favourites for promotion? No. Are we guaranteed to succeed? No. Is there grounds for optimism? Absolutely. Can we judge Warne from here on in? No question.

With each passing day, this looks more and more like a Warne team. He is bringing in the characters, the leaders, the grafters, the example-setters that he wants.

Top six looks like a fair target and expectation at the moment, because there is a nagging feeling that something is missing for top 2.

I am confident of a positive season. We only look two or three forward players away from being a team no-one will want to face.

49 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Warne is building the squad in his image. He has been backed and his vision has been backed but in a sensible way that won’t endanger the club’s future.

Of course there is still work to be done and of course we have to see how it translates on the pitch but the signs look good to me.

Are we clear favourites for promotion? No. Are we guaranteed to succeed? No. Is there grounds for optimism? Absolutely. Can we judge Warne from here on in? No question.

With each passing day, this looks more and more like a Warne team. He is bringing in the characters, the leaders, the grafters, the example-setters that he wants.

Top six looks like a fair target and expectation at the moment, because there is a nagging feeling that something is missing for top 2.

I am confident of a positive season. We only look two or three forward players away from being a team no-one will want to face.

We absolutely are clear favourites for promotion, 9/2 Bolton 17/2.

17 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Jeez, you do make it sound like it will be quite difficult to get top 6 in what is a shyte league.  With our budget, and support, if he doesn’t achieve top 2 this season Warne should be sent by return post to little old Rovrum.

I think we’re all waiting for the forward signings before we stop twitching completely.

If we nail two good ones we’ll be laughing.

If it’s another couple of journeymen we might struggle to score enough.

A dynamic midfield player and a new wide player would be the icing on the cake.

Might have to lose a player to do it.

IMG_1464.gif

We have stable foundations and a real identity building across the squad. The missing elements are creativity, flair and match winners who pick up points out of nothing. 

These are harder to come by but it's clear that PW knows where the gaps still are and we now have the kind of squad in place that will be a pull to the undecideds...

Still a way to go but to be in this position at this point is a real boost.

On 12/07/2023 at 13:41, Srg said:

Which as it stands, it actually is. And last I checked, the season isn't for nearly a month, and Warne has said 4-5 signings still and Wilson signed since. So chill your jets, and don't interpret people's words to suit whatever your pre-determined position is.

So you think we'll win the fa cup, league cup, pap johns and league by 30 points. Let's see if you turn out to be right eh?

On 12/07/2023 at 23:07, Jourdan said:

Absolutely. If Sonny B is as good as I think/hope he is, he could have the Stimac effect. Obviously a very different player but in terms of presence, professionalism, grit, etc I think he's going to be huge for us. Nelson is a reliable, solid (and quick I think) player with Cash also being solid (and still developing) so I think we're going to be hard to beat. 3 hard b*stards at the back with athletic full backs and positionally good midfielders... that's going to work.

From watching Loach's interview, the team spirit and unity is spot on. When you get a group like that, at any level, they're a force to be reckoned with. Obviously a very different level but they have that Man City feels about them as a group - proper pros. It's clear from watching the interviews that PW's strategy is to create a group that fight for each other - I just don't see us signing flash Harry's or pure flair players - it'll be proper pros and for L1, that's exactly what's needed.

We just need those forward players and I'll be putting good money on us going up as league Champions. None of this play-off malarky! 

I'm just hoping that we don't miss out on our first choice targets and our backup options don't know they're our backup options, so are unaware that that their potential new manager has already labelled them the "average ones"! 😄

(and no, I'm not Warne bashing and I don't really believe such comments would  have any effect)

Edited by Kokosnuss

I was firmly in the Not Twitching camp but, seeing our XI and bench against Chesterfield, I'm wavering.

I get that there were a couple of absences but we are desperately crying out for some creativity and a striker or two. The links that we've heard (Rhodes, Sharp, Godden) do not fill me with great confidence either.