Twitching

i-Ram

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

What does seem odd is these deals were agreed before today, yet those interviews with Warne have gone out since suggesting a struggle to add a couple more bodies. We also seemingly had other deals sewn up before the announcements. What do people think the reason is for the club delaying the news? Or am I misreading the timelines.

Probably to get list of fans from here and twitter who they need to block on all socials, suspend their Internet services and ban from attending home or away fixtures looking at some of the "support" the club and players get from them.....

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Yet we sign players who have consistently played well at this level, or even higher, and people turn their noses up at them. Washington wouldn't have been top of my wish list, but if he's a squad player, and he's free, then we could do much worse.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

What does seem odd is these deals were agreed before today, yet those interviews with Warne have gone out since suggesting a struggle to add a couple more bodies. We also seemingly had other deals sewn up before the announcements. What do people think the reason is for the club delaying the news? Or am I misreading the timelines.

I think that there's a bit of 'theatre' involved. It was the same last close season, with signings announced late at night, but showing photos with the shirt obviously taken hours before in broad daylight. Now, to make it more entertaining, we're getting cryptic clues on Twitter, like a 'sunny' day at Clowes and the photo of a 'washing' machine.

Still a bit twitchy in terms of where the goals are coming from but much, much better after last night’s announcements.

Washington is the goat herder, but which GOAT is he going to feed?

Still think we need two more forwards and an attacking midfield player, but there’s plenty of time and I think we may be waiting for the Knight sale to go through.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Still a bit twitchy in terms of where the goals are coming from but much, much better after last night’s announcements.

Washington is the goat herder, but which GOAT is he going to feed?

Still think we need two more forwards and an attacking midfield player, but there’s plenty of time and I think we may be waiting for the Knight sale to go through.

Exactly this.  It makes total sense that the last guys in will be attacking players as they will no doubt be the most in demand and be holding out for the best deals.

Very happy with the business so far after being twitchy after the negative vibes picked up from Warnes last interview.  

We've recruited exactly the type of players that I hoped and expected Warne to bring in.  Experienced leaders who've been in promotion winning teams and won't be bullied in this division.  Exactly what we lacked last season.  

Can't wait to get the rest of the squad in now and for the season to start.

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I wrote that post before it was announced, but he is essentially free unless we get promoted. In which case if we have to pay Rotherham for a player who has hopefully contributed towards our most successful season since 2006/07, then I’m sure most of us would be ok with that.

3 minutes ago, norwichram said:

Collins and CW in their 30s could do with a younger

option too compliment/capitalise 

hoping PW has remembered when he said post season that he had relied on some players too much

Harris and Nombe.

Simples!!

11 hours ago, KBB said:

Let him post what he wants. For some people forums, twitter, podcasts are oxygen.... for others they are cyanide.

He is entitled to his opinion on all things dcfc, like we all are. Doent mean anyone has to agree with it

Don’t think people are against differing opinions, but people are against people spouting opinions without any actual factual reasoning and definitely moving the goalposts to suit an agenda. Anyone who does that should be called out. 

I’ve not been feeling twitchy at all, mostly just waiting for Warne’s plan to unfold and barely commented on any threads.

I’m now at the point where I’m starting to get excited though. The defence looks absolutely sorted for league 1, midfield we were already strong even if we are to lose Knight. Just need the finishing touches to our wing play and forward line up.

There’s a good squad for this league and higher taking shape, I’m liking what I see and genuinely believe we’re in for a good season.

Edited by Zag zig

11 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

want certainly on incoming funds before committing ? Takes time to do medicals ? Contracts between club/player lagging behind deal between clubs? Royal mail ?

Wigan start the season on -8pts. They have  just been bought by Billionaire Mike Danson. Should we be twitching at this ? Are they after the same strikers as us ? The happy clappers will say “Chill, they have no chance of challenging us”.Certainly not enough time to put a strong team together before they come to PP on opening day.

I am twitching ever so slightly over the age profiles of players we continue to be linked with. 

I appreciate what PW is looking for when he says he wants to sign “men” but I’m concerned we’re going to load the squad with players that will have no resale value at all and whose best is perhaps behind them. 

Signing Kane Wilson would be a step in the right direction. Picking up a Nombe and maybe a Moxon/Brannagan would stop me twitching, too.

But 37 year old Billy Sharp? Please no. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I am twitching ever so slightly over the age profiles of players we continue to be linked with. 

I appreciate what PW is looking for when he says he wants to sign “men” but I’m concerned we’re going to load the squad with players that will have no resale value at all and whose best is perhaps behind them. 

Signing Kane Wilson would be a step in the right direction. Picking up a Nombe and maybe a Moxon/Brannagan would stop me twitching, too.

But 37 year old Billy Sharp? Please no. 

Perhaps it will be easier to sign players in the Warne age profile next season when we are out of the business plan. For now we have to sign the best we can get. The signings are looking pretty good so far.