Twitching

i-Ram

1 hour ago, trekkie_ram said:

20+ goal man James Collins (#ITK) has mentioned that he knows a few players that might be coming in. Build a squad around Collins and he will score!! #Believe

As things stand at the moment Collins will have to get 20 goals or we won’t finish in the top half. If he can’t bang them in from all over the shop - we will have to play better and roll the ball along the 6yard line for him to tap in.

2 hours ago, trekkie_ram said:

20+ goal man James Collins (#ITK) has mentioned that he knows a few players that might be coming in. Build a squad around Collins and he will score!! #Believe

Sorry after watching him last season I just don’t believe 😞

To be honest I’m just not sure what Collins offers ? He’s not quick or strong, doesn’t hold the ball up and is never in the right position…

5 hours ago, Justa said:

Sorry after watching him last season I just don’t believe 😞

To be honest I’m just not sure what Collins offers ? He’s not quick or strong, doesn’t hold the ball up and is never in the right position…

If this summer is anything to go by it’s his negotiating skills more than his goalscoring that we’re making use of! 

The general consensus with Warne’s preferred formation is that we won’t have wingers (given we will play with wingbacks). 

No way NML drops away from the squad after last season. Perhaps we’ll see NML and Barks play an advanced role, if so expect a dozen goals between them this year at least but I’d put a fiver on NML hitting double figures.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I wouldn’t count Conor “no goals” Washington… much as I think he could actually be quite useful, he ain’t bringing the goals we’re missing.

Hang on, I thought the argument was that Paul Warne couldn't attract players? You can't keep moving the goalposts of your grievances to suit your anti-Warne rhetoric.

So far Warne has signed 6 players, including Washington who is about to be announced. Of the 6 players, 6 have come from sides who finished above us last season. 5 in the Championship, 1 from Peterborough.

Your flawed argument is that players don't want to come here because of Paul Warne. Whether the quality of the player lives up to your standards is a different question, but I just found it very funny that you came here yesterday to brag that your incorrect point was true, only for two more signings to be announced the very next day.

Just now, Kernow said:

Hang on, I thought the argument was that Paul Warne couldn't attract players? You can't keep moving the goalposts of your grievances to suit your anti-Warne rhetoric.

So far Warne has signed 6 players, including Washington who is about to be announced. Of the 6 players, 6 have come from sides who finished above us last season. 5 in the Championship, 1 from Peterborough.

Your flawed argument is that players don't want to come here because of Paul Warne. Whether the quality of the player lives up to your standards is a different question, but I just found it very funny that you came here yesterday to brag that your incorrect point was true, only for two more signings to be announced the very next day.

“We need strikers, no not that one!”

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I wouldn’t count Conor “no goals” Washington… much as I think he could actually be quite useful, he ain’t bringing the goals we’re missing.

He could enable goals for others though right? And gives us another option which we all agree has been lacking. 
Still time to add more players and goals. Come on @Millenniumram allow yourself a brief moment of optimism. 

We had people moaning that we "missed out" on Ruben Rodrigues, a 26-year-old who has spent the last 4 years of his career in non-league. We also have people hoping we "take a punt" on Macaulay Langstaff who is rumoured to cost around £1mil, a 26-year-old who, although is prolific, has spent his entire career below Tier 5 in the English pyramid, except for last season.

Yet we sign players who have consistently played well at this level, or even higher, and people turn their noses up at them. Washington wouldn't have been top of my wish list, but if he's a squad player, and he's free, then we could do much worse. He has a good record in League One, his problems lie when he goes any higher. Given the situation we're in, that seems pretty OK for us. If we were in the Championship and relying on him, then yeah maybe we might struggle, but I see no reason why he can't contribute to a successful season in League One.

What does seem odd is these deals were agreed before today, yet those interviews with Warne have gone out since suggesting a struggle to add a couple more bodies. We also seemingly had other deals sewn up before the announcements. What do people think the reason is for the club delaying the news? Or am I misreading the timelines.